Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would the reds attendance increase if they were relocated to a suburb like Blue Ash?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I believe it would increase

8 16.67%
  • No, I don't think it would.

40 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would the reds attendance go up if the stadium was located in Blue Ash?

Would the reds attendance go up if the stadium was located in Blue Ash?

Just imagine there was a large plot of land perfectly for for a major league stadium in say a suburbs of Cincinnati like Blue Ash. Do you think the reds overall attendance would increase in the long run?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would the reds attendance go up if the stadium was located in Blue Ash?

I personally dont think so. There is still much more to do before/after games in the city than there would be in blue ash.

I think the ring of poverty around Downtown Cincinnati still scares a lot of people away.

I voted yes, but a more central location would be advisable, because of the whole eastside/westside thing.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I personally wish it was north of town, but living near Dayton, I guess I'm biased.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

Salukifan2

I think it would, but i always feel like the teams that do that shouldn't be able to use the City's name. And small cities like pittsburgh, cincy, st. louis, and baltimore really rely on the stadium crowds to boost local business. If the reds played in Blue ash or another northern suburb it would make the reds alot more accessible to dayton and columbus folks

No. I think some sort of attached parking structure would do more for the attendance than moving it to a suburb although I'm not sure either would do much.

I guess the answer lies as to where the majority of "reds nation" live. W/o doing any research I tend to think the Mason,Blue Ash and surrounding areas make up an overwhelming % of the TV population. While the inner city neighborhoods and their immediate suburbias (Newport, Covington, Cheviot, Delhi,etc) are making up the majority of in crowd attendance.

I'd go less if it were north of the city.

In my opinion a Blue Ash located stadium would turn off a large contingent of Northern Kentucky residents who regularly go to the games now. As someone else mentioned, I dont think West siders, who have a pretty easy time getting downtown as it is now, would want to drive north to go to a ball game.

With the Banks and Newport on the Levee accessible so close to the stadium, no way. I also don't think I'd be crazy about watching a major league baseball game in Blue Ash, even though it's closer to me.

There's something more appealing about having to drive into the city, especially if you're coming from out of town. Downtown Cinci is a lot of fun these days.

They are the Cincinnati Reds, they should play in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    They are the Cincinnati Reds, they should play in Cincinnati.
    They are the Dallas Cowboys they should play in Dallas.....yet they play in Arlington Texas.

I guess it all depends on how Cincinnati is located with respect to the suburbs. Can't speak for Cincy since I live in Michigan, but here Detroit is perfectly located that no matter which suburb you live in in whatever direction outside of Detroit you are, you are only 15-30 minutes away from downtown where the Red Wings, Lions and Tigers play.

As a Red fan living outside of Cincinnati and even Ohio I would be upset if they did move away from the city and into the suburbs. I usually make my way down to Cincy for at least a game a season and like to make a weekend out of the trip and take in some of the city as well. Also it's a straight shot down 75 for me and the stadium is like a minute of the highway so its the most convieniet 4 hour road trip I can take. Now if Ohio can do something about the speed limit and raise it I can make it closer to a 3 hour trip rather than 4.

BTW, I took in my first Bengal game this season after multiple trips to GABP. I was suprised as to the difference in the crowd for both events. I had this image of a CIncinnati fan from my trips to GABP and the crowd at the Bengal game was the complete opposite. I guess most of that can be accounted for in the different sport. Typically football has a louder and more unruly fanbase. The stadium was great though and I had a blast. It was a good change of pace going to an outdoor football game as the Lions play in a dome.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I visit from NJ every few years, and I like it being in downtown Cincy. There is a lot to do before and after the game, and I can walk from my hotel to the stadium in 15-20 minutes. This is good for those of us who like to enjoy the Machine Room before the game, the beer vendors during, and the local bars after. No need to worry about designated driver etc.

In NJ, if I want to go to a Jets or Giants game, it's in literally the middle of nowhere. On top of that it's a good hour drive from my house. The public transit to there is no good either.

Turn Off Ads?