Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Re: Jeremy Lin

Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

2. Turn Off Ads?
    This is getting to be somewhat ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    This is getting to be somewhat ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With their schedule, 11 in a row is reasonable.

They have 5 straight at home now (SAC, NO, DAL, NJ, ATL) before going on the road to MIA.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    With their schedule, 11 in a row is reasonable.

They have 5 straight at home now (SAC, NO, DAL, NJ, ATL) before going on the road to MIA.
    Think that Miami game will be on national TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Think that Miami game will be on national TV?
    It's scheduled to be on TNT, but I think its been that way since the scheduled opened bc they normally have TNT games on thursday and it was melo/amare/chandler vs lebron/bosh/wade.

They will be on ABC this sunday at 1pm vs the Mavs too.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

It will be interesting to see where he levels out at. I think he can be a good NBA player. The fact that he got cut by 2 teams and still persevered is a nice story. Chip is right though, if he were in Indiana or Sacremento, it wouldn't be near the headline news that it is. I think it was Brandon Jennings a few years back for the Milwaukee Bucks came into the NBA like a house-afire. The national press treated it as an interesting story, but it was page 4 kind of stuff or came on ESPN at 20 after the hour.

I think Lin is just on a roll now. I know when I played basketball, there were times when I got in the zone and got hot. Everything I put up went in, the hoop looked 6 feet wide, everyone slowed down, I saw everything, and the game was ridiculously easy. I got a little embarassed by it because I knew I wasn't really that good. But as suddenly as that came on, it went away just as quickly. I remember thinking "how can I capture this so that I can play this well all the time?".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

obv it being NY plays a role, but comparing it to Jennings is kinda apples to oranges, given that Jennings was one of the top high school players in the country before going overseas for a year instead of college, then was a top 10 pick. Lin was undrafted, had 0 full ride major D-1 athletic scholarships coming out of high school (Iveys dont offer athletic scholarships, Stanford offered to let him walk on and have a chance at one in his 2nd year), cut by two teams, and the knicks were close to being the third team to cut him before they decided to give him a shot.

Most amazing thing about him to me though, is if he ever figures out a way to cut down on the turnovers, which I dont think is that unlikely at all given how little practice/playing time he's had with his teammates so far (and its only his 2nd year in the league), he could conceivably be a lot better.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 02-15-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

This is just what the NBA needed. The lockout, the injuries, the general bad play...and more importantly, exactly what the New York Knicks needed.

I think it'll level off or come back to Earth at some point, not because I don't think he's a really good player with a bright future, but how in the world could anyone continue to live up to this hype night after night? He keeps raising the bar and we're only 6 games into this thing. Either way, it's a great story.

Amazing finish. This is a game that the Knicks ... even the new Amare/Melo Knicks ... would've lost. A couple of things that are evident about Lin that go beyond his playing skills are that he has a short memory and doesn't let mistakes get in his head, and an intense focus/killer instinct/winning mentality ... whatever you want to call it. His fourth quarter play is amazing.

Shumpert really saved the Knicks last night, because Calderon was torching Lin. Shumpert came in and shut down Calderon, and the steal/dunk set up Lin's heroics.

Thinking about the hype. Lin-sanity is similar to Tebow-mania, but I think that has more to do with social media and the ESPN hype machine. Lin is actually closer to Kurt Warner if you want to compare an NBA story to an NFL story.

What's going unnoticed while the Knicks are winning close, sloppily played games against lower level teams (except for the Laker win) is that the Heat are just steamrolling through their schedule. They have to love Lin-sanity, because it's taken the focus off of their team. But the Heat look unstoppable right now.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Most amazing thing about him to me though, is if he ever figures out a way to cut down on the turnovers, which I dont think is that unlikely at all given how little practice/playing time he's had with his teammates so far (and its only his 2nd year in the league), he could conceivably be a lot better.
    Maybe he is more suited to being a shooting guard. In college he had 406 assists and 331 turnovers. Not a great ratio. But, to be honest, I have no idea how college stats translate into NBA stats.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Maybe he is more suited to being a shooting guard. In college he had 406 assists and 331 turnovers. Not a great ratio. But, to be honest, I have no idea how college stats translate into NBA stats.
    I think the game will slow down for Lin as he gets more experience, and I think as the league adjusts to him he will make adjustments to the defenses being thrown at him. Most important is developing chemistry with Amare and Melo. I think he'll be able to cut down on the turnovers.

He's working on another gem. 9 assists and 1 TO in the first half tonight.

9 assists, 1 turnover, 2 rebds and 6 points on 4 shots in just the first half albeit against the awful Kings.

#Linsanity
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

part of BBN

Did he basically just set in second half for rest ? I have only seen boxscore and not a report.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Did he basically just set in second half for rest ? I have only seen boxscore and not a report.
    10 points, 13 assists ... Sat out a good portion of the fourth quarter as it was a blowout and he played 43 minutes last night.

Turn Off Ads?