Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'll keep Weathers. He's worth a comp pick (a borderline A pick) now and I doubt someone gives up a better prospect than that for 8 weeks of Weathers.
    The Reds would be insane to go to arbitration with Weathers. With his save totals the guy could get 5M. If anyone offers anything of mild interest, he should be gone, as that's the only possible value that can be gained.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Dunn in RF will be fun to watch, people will be going 1st to 3rd all day. I hate seeing Dunn go, it is going to look so wrong to see him with somebody else.

So Bruce in RF, Dickerson in CF, who in LF? Rosales?
    Patterson of course.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Patterson of course.
    That'd take the OF defense from the very bottom to very near the top.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Fans love his one-man-demolition-derby style of play, but Byrnes` overall line is less impressive than it appears. He hit .292/.352/.522 before the All-Star break but just .243/.274/.444 after; he also struggled against right-handed pitching, hitting .244/.287/.441 against righties. Neither of these issues is new to Byrnes--he`s long been a streaky player who`s had trouble with righties. He`s a fourth outfielder/platoon player overtasked with starting.
    Blurb about Byrnes 2007 from BP. Again, not impressive.

Dickerson is considered to be a top notch defensive center fielder and has a strong arm, something that Patterson doesn't have. I'm looking forward to watching Dickerson play. It would be huge for this organization if he can continue breaking out and become a .780 OPS center fielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Let's see--Carpenter for one year/some minor league garbage or Lowe for a minimum of 3 at $12 million a season.
    We can get Carpenter for minor league garbage from a team in the same division? Great, sign me up!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

With Byrnes owed $11M per year for the next two years, you gotta think there's zero chance the Reds would want him, unless Arizona picked up a bunch of that contract.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    We can get Carpenter for minor league garbage from a team in the same division? Great, sign me up!

A starter who hasn't won a game for 2 years, coming back from TJ surgery, after previous shoulder surgery, had another injury set back last night, and is owed almost $45M over the next three years.

Sign me down.

I very much don't like this trade if Eric Byrnes is the principle return.

I like it a bit better if it is Owings + Buck + a young, cheap bat with upside.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Put me on the record at 3:08 PM 8/11/08 - I'd rather have the draft picks.

See ya, Dunner. Give Cincinnati and it's baseball "fans" the finger on your way out of town for all of us that still appreciate good ballplayers.
    Without actually knowing who the two PTBNL are, I think you're right. It's looks like the Reds have probably traded Dunn for roster glue.

My gut reaction without knowing the details yet is that I'd rather have the picks too.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    A starter who hasn't won a game for 2 years, coming back from TJ surgery, after previous shoulder surgery, had another injury set back last night, and is owed almost $45M over the next three years.

Sign me down.
    Hence, the

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Sign me down.
    Didn't know he got re-injured. I'd still be seeing if they would give him up for nothing.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Didn't know he got re-injured. I'd still be seeing if they would give him up for nothing.
    Again, you want to give him guranteed money to sit on the DL but you are afraid to give Derek Lowe a 3 year contract?

Again, you want to give him guranteed money to sit on the DL but you are afraid to give Derek Lowe a 3 year contract?
    The upside is higher with Carpenter.

I personally think neither is a sensical candidate for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?