Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Re: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Any "love scene" between Anakin and Padme. They have negative chemistry. Those movies might have killed the once promising career of Natalie Portman.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

I nominate the entire movie Hancock but will single out the scene where Charlize Theron and Will Smith have a mega battle for no reason at all other than to show off cool CGI effects.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Any "love scene" between Anakin and Padme. They have negative chemistry. Those movies might have killed the once promising career of Natalie Portman.
    From the movie: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

You're killing our love, Anakin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    You're killing our love, Anakin!!!
    More like "Your killing our careers, Mannequin!" Still, I think the dumbest scene in any of the Star Wars movies was either the whole CGI 50's Diner scene in the middle of the "Attack of the Clones" or, also from "Attack of the Clones," the whole Sound of Music garbage they pulled on Naboo. Between them running through the fields and gazing longingly into each others' eyes by the lake, I couldn't help but think that Jar Jar Binks was going to come pulling up in a canoe with a bunch of Ewoks dressed in play clothes made from the drapes.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    More like "Your killing our careers, Mannequin!" Still, I think the dumbest scene in any of the Star Wars movies was either the whole CGI 50's Diner scene in the middle of the "Attack of the Clones" or, also from "Attack of the Clones," the whole Sound of Music garbage they pulled on Naboo. Between them running through the fields and gazing longingly into each others' eyes by the lake, I couldn't help but think that Jar Jar Binks was going to come pulling up in a canoe with a bunch of Ewoks dressed in play clothes made from the drapes.
    Will someone please stop George Lucas? Please? Anyone?

Trivia question: Why is "Empire" the best Star Wars movie? (There is a definitive answer as to why this is correct)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Trivia question: Why is "Empire" the best Star Wars movie? (There is a definitive answer as to why this is correct)
    Because Lucas didn't write it or direct it?

Honestly, they should've let Lucas outline what he thought the story for the prequels should be and then let someone else come in and do all the writing and directing. Hell, if he wanted to keep it in the Star Wars "family," he could've let Timothy Zahn handle the writing -- the author of the only few Star Wars books worth reading.

As it stands, the first movie is completely unwatchable, the second only so if you skip tons of it, and the third marginally.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Oh yeah, and dumbest scene ever in a movie? So many to choose from...

You could write a book containing nothing but awful scenes from Batman & Robin including, but not limited to:

"Hi Freeze, I'm Batman"
    "OK everybody, Chill!"
    "Take two of these and call me in the morning."

Ugh....

Also on my list:

* - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Harrison Ford survives a nuclear detonation in a lead-lined 'fridge.

* - The X-Files: Mulder and Scully go from trapped, alone, in Antarctica with no working method of transportation back to the FBI HQ in Washington with no explanation given as to how they got there.

* - Mission Impossible 2: The last "fight" between Tom Cruise and whoever the hell the bad guy was in that one.

* - Star Trek V: They go to a planet and meet God -- who is promptly blown up by a Klingon photon torpedo. William Shatner clearly disliked going to Sunday school.

* - XXX: Vin Diesel informing the audience that his proficiency with guns came from playing a lot of "first person shooter video games when he had a broken leg." Yup. That's my generation they're appealing to right there.

If work is boring tomorrow, expect an update to this list, because I've seen a lot of really bad movies...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Any movie where one guy beats the tar out of about 35 other guys who have the common courtesy to come at him one at a time instead of using their numerical advantage.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Star Wars Epidose I.

Young Anakin Skywalker accidentally gets trapped in a Naboo starfighter during a firefight, accidentially blows up some destroyer droids, accidentally flies into space, accidentially lands in exactly the right hanger in the enemy mothership, and then accidentally blows it up. The only thing that could have improved this comedy of movie-making would have been if Anakin had somehow found a way to blow up Jar Jar Binks in the process.
    Any scene with Jar Jark Binks is a dumb scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    * - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Harrison Ford survives a nuclear detonation in a lead-lined 'fridge.
    Wow. That was indeed really dumb. Throw in the fact that is was catapulted 'out' of the nuclear zone, and the 78 year old Indy struts away like he rolled off the couch.

The shooting scene in the jungle while standing on the jeeps was quiet lame as well.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

In the movie Wanted, the would be assassin trainee is taught that with the right flick of the wrist he can bend the path of bullets as they exit his gun. Giving him the ability to make bullets boomerang and warp around any objects taking all kinds of arcs and S turns to reach their target. Then they keep using that all movie - repeatedly.

Just absolutely dumbfounded on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    In the movie Wanted, the would be assassin trainee is taught that with the right flick of the wrist he can bend the path of bullets as they exit his gun. Giving him the ability to make bullets boomerang and warp around any objects taking all kinds of arcs and S turns to reach their target. Then they keep using that all movie - repeatedly.

Just absolutely dumbfounded on that one.
    The movie "Wanted" is based off the comic book limited series of the same name. Basically, Wesley has super powers inherited from his father and the "bullet bending", while not being in the comic, is there to demonstrate how "special" he is. I'm not saying it's not a dumb power, mind you, but at least it makes a bit more sense knowing the source of the original material on which the movie is based.

And if you ask me, the dumbest moment of that movie is when we learned that the "source" of the assassins' jobs was a freakin' loom (also not in the comic).

That movie, like so many others, was a wonderful example of Hollywood taking something great and then killing it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Any movie with Jessica Alba in it. Nice to look at, but she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"Roadhouse", the entire movie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?