Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

All dyslexics must untie!

Re: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Kurt Thomas in Gymkata, uses a conveniently-placed pomel horse in village square to scissor-kick the bad guys

(what did I win?)
    Last edited by gm; 08-14-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Remember the Titans had one of the worst scenes at the end of it. When the two coaches meet at midfield and hold up the football together and Denzel says "You're a Hall of Famer in my book" or some nonsense like that. That scene makes me cringe every time I see it.

Haunted by walks

The ending of "Capricorn One."

The opening montage from Can't Stop the Music is about the stupidest/greatest thing I've ever seen -- a postcard from the Disco Era.

Edit: Sure enough there's a youtube clip. It looks like it was filmed from someone's tv, but it gives you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4IQQQ8JO2E
    Last edited by Rojo; 08-21-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Showgirls- entire movie, really. But the worst scene is the part where the Saved By the Bell chick "proves" to the guy that she can dance.

It's like watching a six year old dance.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Showgirls- entire movie, really. But the worst scene is the part where the Saved By the Bell chick "proves" to the guy that she can dance.
    The worst parts of that movie for me were these:

"I've got towels!"

And the rape scene. It takes a lot of directorial bravado to show a rape on screen, but then to cut back to it again after moving along in the story- I mean, that's unneccessary and degrading.

I wanted to go puke and shower after watching that movie.

And the rape scene. It takes a lot of directorial bravado to show a rape on screen, but then to cut back to it again after moving along in the story- I mean, that's unneccessary and degrading.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

WOY, one of the strangest story lines ever: "I raped you but now we are in love." I can't remember how they got away with it- I think they tried to blur the line by hinting that she was a willing particpant, maybe? I can't remember.

Though I will say I enjoyed the subsequent story lines with the Ice Princess and I seem to recall characters being literally frozen in a freezer. Terrific, campy stuff. GH was stealing from Empire Strikes Back and its carbon freeze, but it was super cool for a soap opera. Scorpio, Grant Putnam (that hair was feathered perfection), and lordy, was Celia Quartermaine a hottie. At least to an 8th grader she was.

Kurt Thomas in Gymkata, uses a conveniently-placed pomel horse in village square to scissor-kick the bad guys

(what did I win?)
    This is one of those films that upon reflection you sort of wonder if it really happened.

To add to your post, there was also a scene where there just conveniently was a steel rod connected between two buildings and while being chased by bad guys, Kurt jumped up and grabbed the beam, swung himself around 5 or 6 times for some momentum, and the bad guys catch up to him and miraculously walk right into his feet as he is swinging.

I don't know if I've ever seen as dumb a film, though you could argue it's so bad it's good, I guess.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-22-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    To add to your post, there was also a scene where there just conveniently was a steel rod connected between two buildings and while being chased by bad guys, Kurt jumped up and grabbed the beam, swung himself around 5 or 6 times for some momentum, and the bad guys catch up to him and miraculously walk right into his feet as he is swinging.

I don't know if I've ever seen as dumb a film, though you could argue it's so bad it's good, I guess.
    The Firm anyone?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Witty signature.

Awesome! That looked almost like a spoof of the last fight scene in Roadhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Why would anyone want to spoof Roadhouse? It's the perfect movie and un-spoofable.

Why would anyone want to spoof Roadhouse? It's the perfect movie and un-spoofable.
    Any attempt to spoof Roadhouse would result in the breakdown of physics and the ultimate destruction of the universe.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Is it just me or do others think that Roadhouse was an After School Special all grown up?

A philosopher/bouncer ridding the town of a guy who doesn't play well with others?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the movie...I liked it.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It was the final scene from the movie "Undefeatable" Unwatchable is more like it.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?