Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bobby Petrino

Re: Bobby Petrino

I'll admit it. I laughed when I read this:

When your cable goes out, you can’t study game film.

When you can’t study game film, you lose to Alabama.

When you lose to Alabama, you get depressed.

When you get depressed, you go out and buy a Harley.

When you buy a Harley, you meet hot young ex-volleyball players.

When you meet hot young ex-volleyball players, you go on joyrides.

When you go on joyrides, you end up in a roadside ditch.

Don’t end up in a roadside ditch.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

That made me laugh too.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He apparently has a great family which he has done a tremendous amount of harm to given his choices. I have a real hard time reveling in his troubles.

BTW, alot of people I talk to who have interacted with Petrino do not paint him as a person drunk on power and craving adolation. I've also heard that Petrino wasn't showing off with his mistress on a harley but rather they had been caught by her fiance and the ride was a "the jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me, The renegade who had it made retrieved for a bounty" thing. In other words, his AD was likely going to learn about the reasons Petrino was fired (the innappropriate hiring) regardless of whether the motorcycle crash occurred or not.
    While it may be true that he was about to be found out. The power to simply hire someone, pay $20K above the last person without anyone even raising an eyebrow shows a pretty serious amount of power.

I'm not sure how he was expecting to out run the accusations on his Harley, but that to me shows a judgement emboldened by power.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    While it may be true that he was about to be found out. The power to simply hire someone, pay $20K above the last person without anyone even raising an eyebrow shows a pretty serious amount of power.

I'm not sure how he was expecting to out run the accusations on his Harley, but that to me shows a judgement emboldened by power.
    It seems more like the behavior of someone with lots to hide rather than someone emboldened by power.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

That's one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It seems more like the behavior of someone with lots to hide rather than someone emboldened by power.
    That's true. Just breathtaking in retrospect how one thinks he's going to get away with it.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's true. Just breathtaking in retrospect how one thinks he's going to get away with it.
    I can't imagine how anyone with a spouse and four children could do something like Petrino did if they actually paused and thought it through first.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I can't imagine how anyone with a spouse and four children could do something like Petrino did if they actually paused and thought it through first.
    All the blood which should have been in his brain allowing him to think it through was apparently in another part of his body.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

It wasnt the first time something like this has happened, and it wont be the last. As the above poster said, he wasnt thinking with the right part of his anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    All the blood which should have been in his brain allowing him to think it through was apparently in another part of his body.
    Yeah, I was going to say it depends on which head does the thinking.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I have a friend who works in Fayettville, and he said that, at the beginning of this mess, at least 90% of Razorback fans wanted Petrino back. Once Long's news conference came out, that number dropped to less than one in four. (The $20,000 didn't help.)

Interesting, that.

Also interesting that Petrino won't sue to keep some of that massive payout. He's leaving it compeltely alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say it depends on which head does the thinking.
    I've read on another message board that when Petrino crashed the motorcycle, it was on a straight stretch for about three miles. While keeping this board family-friendly, one can use their imagination to figure out how a man could crash a motorcycle on a straight stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I have a friend who works in Fayettville, and he said that, at the beginning of this mess, at least 90% of Razorback fans wanted Petrino back. Once Long's news conference came out, that number dropped to less than one in four. (The $20,000 didn't help.)

Interesting, that.

Also interesting that Petrino won't sue to keep some of that massive payout. He's leaving it compeltely alone.
    There was an interesting article I read yesterday comparing Bobby Petrino to Rick Pitino.

Two major differences between the two:

1. Pitino when he was confronted with it fessed up to everything. Petrino lied to his boss.

2. Pitino paid Karen Sypher from his own personal funds while Petrino did it through a state paid job.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I've read on another message board that when Petrino crashed the motorcycle, it was on a straight stretch for about three miles. While keeping this board family-friendly, one can use their imagination to figure out how a man could crash a motorcycle on a straight stretch.
    Best scene from the movie "Parenthood" the police officer asks them what happened and Steve Martin says to his wife "why don't you show him honey?"

Turn Off Ads?