Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I cant even imagine the amount of Cubs fans here next week!!

I cant even imagine the amount of Cubs fans here next week!!

It will make me ill seeing our home park a total Cubs Wrigley South next week.. BOB will be happy, many more opposition fans rooting for the visiting team to make him happy in the pocket..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I cant even imagine the amount of Cubs fans here next week!!

Seriously, what owner is going to gripe about people's fannies in the seats. It was sad to see how many seats were empty during a beautiful July home stand this week. It was pathetic. And this club is going to be hamstrung if they can't get attendance up. So all those paying Cubs fans, come on down. We know you'll mostly be jerks, but thanks for the dough.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

People aren't going to pay to come see one of the worst teams in baseball. It's that simple. It's no surprise that attendance was bad this week.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Seriously, what owner is going to gripe about people's fannies in the seats. It was sad to see how many seats were empty during a beautiful July home stand this week. It was pathetic. And this club is going to be hamstrung if they can't get attendance up. So all those paying Cubs fans, come on down. We know you'll mostly be jerks, but thanks for the dough.

I can't disagree more re: bold. How in God's green earth do you or could you expect people to pay their hard earned money for that product that they are running out on the field day-in and day-out. I know that I sure as hell wouldn't if I were close enough to go.

It's not like attendance will change anything. Even if somehow the Reds got 3 million this year, they're dead in the water for the next couple of seasons because of the millstone contracts and the great distance away that any farmhands are from contributing. Attendance is a canard, a red herring. It's not going to move the needle either way.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Haunted by walks

Maybe we'll see a lot of Louisville Bats fans.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Maybe we'll see a lot of Louisville Bats fans.
    Chances are they would see a better brand of baseball in Louisville.

i am just sick of every year the Reds never are in a position to add big names to WIN.. im so bummed im thinking of just saying the heck with watching till i see the ownership prove to the Reds fans that they are going to win and not be just lip service but proof.

Just makes me ill when i think about it. I have been a fan since 1972 and i get that sick feeling like i did in 1983. Back then I stopped watching till Pete came back to player manage(at least there was hope then and excitement around here.)

So far i see zero hope. look at Pittsburgh, they gutted the team and i bet they are ahead of us in 2 seasons and we are still trying to figure out why the Reds cant win.. im depressed thinking about it.

Cubs/Red Sox/Yankees fans always take over stadiums, it's nothing new, nor is it something worth crying about or writing about for that matter.

Success breeds fans, losing breeds numerous threads full of the three A's, angst, assumptions and anger.

I'm probably staying over for the Monday game.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    i am just sick of every year
    im so bummed
    im thinking of just saying the heck with watching
    Just makes me ill
    i get that sick feeling
    So far i see zero hope.
    im depressed thinking about it.
    Really? I hadn't noticed.

Sorry, bro!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    It will make me ill seeing our home park a total Cubs Wrigley South next week.. BOB will be happy, many more opposition fans rooting for the visiting team to make him happy in the pocket..
    It's the same way when the Cardinals are in town.

Chicago and St. Louis aren't that far from Cincy.

Both of their fan bases travel well.

Would I be happier if our fans filled more of the stadium than visitors? Absolutely.

But, I'm happy on some level that we're filling the stadium, albeit with the enemy.

Until we put a team that's consistently .500 or above on the field, why would or should the casual fan shell out their hard earned coin to watch a loser?

Only the hardcore fans in a small market will consistently support a losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cubs/Red Sox/Yankees fans always take over stadiums, it's nothing new, nor is it something worth crying about or writing about for that matter.

Success breeds fans, losing breeds numerous threads full of the three A's, angst, assumptions and anger.
    But the Cubs haven't tasted success, at least not enough to justify their legions of Hollister wearing, light beer-drinking frat boy fans.

Putting the Cubs in the same sentence with the Red Sox and Yankees is like linking Shakira with the Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I wouldn't even put the Cubs in the same sentence as the White Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    But the Cubs haven't tasted success, at least not enough to justify their legions of Hollister wearing, light beer-drinking frat boy fans.

Putting the Cubs in the same sentence with the Red Sox and Yankees is like linking Shakira with the Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I wouldn't even put the Cubs in the same sentence as the White Sox.
    The Cubs are the oldest franchise in MLB, they were the premier NL team for years before the 50's and come from one of the largest cities in the USA. They have history, a never ending stream of fans, a vintage park and a curse.

Despite your hatred of them they have cache, it's sad, but true.

Turn Off Ads?