Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belmont - Triple Crown

Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Throw some money on the race. All of a sudden it gets interesting!!!!
    Yeah. This now turns into an interesting race to bet.

Union Rags. Book it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Yeah. This now turns into an interesting race to bet.

Union Rags. Book it.
    Blam!

Blam!
    Go cash that ticket!

I almost booked your bet because I didn't think UR had the breeding for this race. I guess the key was his big race over the track last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I almost booked your bet because I didn't think UR had the breeding for this race. I guess the key was his big race over the track last year.
    That and the general weakness of the field.

I thought it was a decent field. Dullahan was third in the Derby but I guess that wo cooked his goose. Paynter is obviously a really nice horse. I think Union Rags just ran a big race.

I've been impressed with the quality of this years 3 year olds. Dead wrong in all three races, but impressed.

I thought it was a decent field. Dullahan was third in the Derby but I guess that wo cooked his goose. Paynter is obviously a really nice horse. I think Union Rags just ran a big race.

I've been impressed with the quality of this years 3 year olds. Dead wrong in all three races, but impressed.
    I would agree that it was a nice overall crop of horses. But with the exception of the Derby, we didn't see them all in the same place.

There were really only 3 horses that had any business winning that race today.

There were really only 3 horses that had any business winning that race today.
    You're right. So how come I didn't really nail that $30.00 exacta?

You're right. So how come I didn't really nail that $30.00 exacta?

I can not tell a lie... I had that too.

Would have missed on the trifecta though.

I just returned from a northern Ontario fishing trip today(almost completely paid for by IHA in the Derby), and didn't know about the scratch of IHA until hearing it on the radio on the way home today.

It still was a good race, but was not impressed with Mike Smith's ride on Paynter. Final times always make me awestruck of how fast Secretariat was in his Belmont. It was 6 seconds faster than Union Rags today.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

I can not tell a lie... I had that too.

Would have missed on the trifecta though.
    Great bet! If you thought only 3 horses had a shot and then hit the exacta, you did a good job of handicapping and fashioning your bet. (two different things). Looking back, it looks so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    I just returned from a northern Ontario fishing trip today(almost completely paid for by IHA in the Derby), and didn't know about the scratch of IHA until hearing it on the radio on the way home today.

It still was a good race, but was not impressed with Mike Smith's ride on Paynter. Final times always make me awestruck of how fast Secretariat was in his Belmont. It was 6 seconds faster than Union Rags today.
    Smith hit Paynter left handed and he moved to his right opening up the rail. Jerry Bailey said sometimes you hit the horse left handed at that spot because its unexpected and it may cause the horse to dig a little deeper.
    I met Mike Smith once and he is a super nice guy. And he sure wins a lot of big races. Tough Triple crown though for him and Baffert.

Smith hit Paynter left handed and he moved to his right opening up the rail. Jerry Bailey said sometimes you hit the horse left handed at that spot because its unexpected and it may cause the horse to dig a little deeper.
    I met Mike Smith once and he is a super nice guy. And he sure wins a lot of big races. Tough Triple crown though for him and Baffert.
    Yeah! He is an outstanding jockey!I was at the last two Breeder's cups and saw two different results from his rides. Zenyatta's last race and loss to Blame and Drosselmeyers improbable classic victory this past year.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Final times always make me awestruck of how fast Secretariat was in his Belmont. It was 6 seconds faster than Union Rags today.
    Think about this:

1. Secretariat still holds the record for the Derby.

2. He would still hold the record for the Preakness but for the fact that the track timer malfunctioned.

3. He still holds the Belmont Park Record for 1 1/2 miles on the grass.

4. He still holds the Belmont Park Record for 1 1/8 miles on the dirt.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 06-09-2012 at 10:38 PM.

I hardly ever feel sorry for Baffert. But these three have caused me to make an exception.

Turn Off Ads?