Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Cards-vs-Reds-9/5/2013

How u doin

Re: Cards-vs-Reds-9/5/2013

Choo you`re my boy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bad thing about the ballgame last night was that the Howl made a comeback.

I was glad it faded away.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-05-2013)

Contact!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    This site consistently blames all of its problems on the last guy on the end of the bench- Corey Patterson, Cozart, Juan Castro, etc. Reds Nation consistently blames Baker. When i have mildly critiqued any of the stars here, I have gotten hammered. Not sure about the rest of Cincinnati.
    Maybe you have been unfairly lumped in with the "Votto is the worst" crowd. I think the same thing has happened with Dusty Baker. There was so much criticism of his every move that now some people jump you for pointing out any mistake he makes.

Matheny can leave Lynn in as long as he wants.......the Reds like hitting off of him.

Joey looking pissed there....honestly this is more on Dusty than Votto at this point IMO. Everyone is human and deserves a day off at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Expected. Way Over Sensitive About Any Criticism Of Votto's Struggles.
    Because for the majority of the year, he hasn't been even remotely close to a problem on this team.

Yes, he's struggling like crazy right now but people have been criticizing him all year long, even when he was going good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Well that explains about Parra...wth don't they tell us this before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Joey looking pissed there....honestly this is more on Dusty than Votto at this point IMO. Everyone is human and deserves a day off at some point.
    I figure Votto tells Dusty he wants to be in there.

Freese goes deep to make it 3-1

Well that explains about Parra...wth don't they tell us this before the game?
    What'd they say?? I've had the volume muted for the last 10 or 15 minutes. Girlfriend called, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Not if 20,000 folks keep showing up for a Reds- Redbirds series .
    That is incredible to me. We have a disaster of a team here in Washington that mailed it in months ago and they're still drawing upwards of 30K/game. I travel to CIN at least twice each season and to other cities (NY, PHL and PIT in 2 weeks, sometimes others if I'm on the road for work) to catch Reds games. WTF? I don't understand this at all.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Votto seemed very clear before the game that he does not want or need a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Because for the majority of the year, he hasn't been even remotely close to a problem on this team.

Yes, he's struggling like crazy right now but people have been criticizing him all year long, even when he was going good.
    When You Are A Great Player, Tbe ExpeCtations Are Always Huge, Particularly In A Pennant Race. The Bar Is High, And It Should be.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Maybe you have been unfairly lumped in with the "Votto is the worst" crowd. I think the same thing has happened with Dusty Baker. There was so much criticism of his every move that now some people jump you for pointing out any mistake he makes.
    You're seriously comparing the criticism Joey gets with the criticism Baker gets? And where is this "Votto is the worst" crowd. Certainly not around here except for an isolated troll now and then.

18. Likes:

Turn Off Ads?