Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Discussion

Re: World Series Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    The love with their pitching is not necessarily the youth.... But the depth of their pitching and the fact it's still quality pitching or better after having to promote these guys.

Reds would get that attention if after Granny goes down(in for Cueto) there is a guy right behind granny that picks up the spot and doesn't miss a beat. Unfortunately the guy that came up to replace granny was forgettable.
    Not as forgettable as John Gast and Tyler Lyons, who were so forgettable, that you forgot them

Btw, Wacha was forgettable too, until the postseason.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sox lucky that Holliday is such an awful base runner.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Not as forgettable as John Gast and Tyler Lyons, who were so forgettable, that you forgot them

Btw, Wacha was forgettable too, until the postseason.
    Wacha was a top 100 prospect who had a 2.68 ERA (131 ERA+) in 64+ major league innings with a K/9 of 9.0 and a BB/9 of only 2.6.

That's only forgettable if you have dementia.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Wacha was a top 100 prospect who had a 2.68 ERA (131 ERA+) in 64+ major league innings with a K/9 of 9.0 and a BB/9 of only 2.6.

That's only forgettable if you have dementia.
    He put up a 5+ ERA as a starter until his last start. That's forgettable.

He performed well in relief and in his last start. The issue was did the Cards fill their holes in the rotation with quality production from young arms. They did not with Wacha, until his last start.
    Last edited by 757690; 10-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Where are the Christmas Sweaters and casserole dishes?

Lol Drew Magary is the first guy I thought of when I saw this

Last edited by SporkLover; 10-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.

He put up a 5+ ERA as a starter until his last start. That's forgettable.
    He's on the Kershaw/Lincecum track.... They were that forgettable initially too.

Where are the Christmas Sweaters and casserole dishes?

Lol Drew Magary is the first guy I thought of when I saw this

There are signs like that in every airport of cities in championship games. Only St. Louis fans would brag about it.

Wacha had a 2.83 ERA in 9 starts covering 54 innings. His era dropped below 5 after his 3rd outing and never went over 5 again. He had 2 bad starts out of 9.
    Last edited by mth123; 10-26-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

There are signs like that in every airport of cities in championship games. Only St. Louis fans would brag about it.
    The St. Louis site that posted it was poking fun of it.

11. Likes:

757690 (10-26-2013)

He's on the Kershaw/Lincecum track.... They were that forgettable initially too.
    Wait. What???

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Wacha had a 2.83 ERA in 9 starts covering 54 innings. His era dropped below 5 after his 3rd outing and never went over 5 again. He had 2 bad starts out of 9.
    He had two bad starts, and three bleh starts. He had four good starts. He did fine, but definitely forgettable production, until his last start of a one hitter.

Until his last start, no one was talking about what a great job he did filling in for whoever he was filling in for.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Wait. What???
    Lol. There sarcasm in there. But there is a hidden truth to. Both Lincecum and Kershaw first year promoted to the big leagues they sported ERA north of 4. The next year they halved them.

Not saying Wacha is doing that but drawing that parallel for humor.

He had two bad starts, and three bleh starts. He had four good starts. He did fine, but definitely forgettable production, until his last start of a one hitter.

Until his last start, no one was talking about what a great job he did filling in for whoever he was filling in for.
    That because they were all sighing heavily saying whew we don't have to start Westbrook.

He held the Reds and Pirates scoreless in back to back starts in early September during the meat of the pennant race.

His whole career is still a small sample so he may end up Jose Acevedo when the league adjusts to him, but to act like he's a one start wonder is either mistaken or intentionally mis-stating the facts.

Anyone been checking out this super sweet strikezone tonight?

Turn Off Ads?