10 27.03%
  • 3 wins 6 losses

4 10.81%
  • 2 wins 7 losses

2 5.41%
  • 1 win 8 loss or worse

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will this road trip produce?

What will this road trip produce?

Upon arrival back from this nine game road trip, what do you see the win/loss total being from this road trip?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What will this road trip produce?

4-5. They just aren't playing very well right now, and I see that continuing. But all we need are some combination of 10 wins or losses by the Cards with 15 games left for us and 17 for the Cards.

We'll get there, but I think it's gonna be tougher than we thought 2 weeks ago. The Padres are choking so bad they need a medic, and they've got 3 more in St. Louis over the weekend. Ugh.

Those saying we will go 6-3, I would be interested to know where you see those 6 wins coming? Personally I see us getting swept by Houston, taking 2 from the Brewers and 1 from SD, but that is it.

Nice Bell Curve forming! Just playing close to .500 is enough to win the Central Division right now, although not confidence inspiring. It probably won't get any home field advantage in then playoffs (at least not until the World Series!)

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Those saying we will go 6-3, I would be interested to know where you see those 6 wins coming? Personally I see us getting swept by Houston, taking 2 from the Brewers and 1 from SD, but that is it.
    I know the pitching matchups aren't great, but you really think we won't win one in Houston? Wow, I know we haven't been great lately, but this team has made it to where it is by beating teams like the Astros. BTW, I have them at 5-4...Two each in Hou and Mil and 1 in SD.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

We have Wandy today. I went and watched Wandy shut us down last time out in Houston. Definitely don't see a w on the horizon in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    BTW, I have them at 5-4...Two each in Hou and Mil and 1 in SD.
    That's exactly the outcome I'm expecting as well. I see us taking the first two in Houston, but losing on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I know the pitching matchups aren't great, but you really think we won't win one in Houston? Wow, I know we haven't been great lately, but this team has made it to where it is by beating teams like the Astros. BTW, I have them at 5-4...Two each in Hou and Mil and 1 in SD.
    Pitching is the key and lack of hitting. We coulnd't produce against poor pitching over the past 7 games at home and now we are in Houston who has some of the hottest pitchers around. We would have to see our pitching givup less then 2 runs per game to be in them and I just don't see that right now with a banged up Phillips, Bruce, Rolen, Cabrara.

I refuse to believe this team will have a losing road trip, despite our recent struggles. Houston has played pretty well for awhile now, but we handled them with Roy "Reds Killer" Oswalt this year, so we should be ok against them without him. No way we lose two against the Brewers. The Pads will have more to play for and thus will be more motivated than us. I think we'll go ... 2-1 @ Houston, 2-1 @ Milwaukee, and 1-2 @ San Diego ... for an overall 5-4 road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I refuse to believe this team will have a losing road trip, despite our recent struggles. Houston has played pretty well for awhile now, but we handled them with Roy "Reds Killer" Oswalt this year, so we should be ok against them without him. No way we lose two against the Brewers. The Pads will have more to play for and thus will be more motivated than us. I think we'll go ... 2-1 @ Houston, 2-1 @ Milwaukee, and 1-2 @ San Diego ... for an overall 5-4 road trip.
    how did we do on our last road trip? 1-6 i believe, followed that up with a sad 4-3 homestand and now we head into a 9 game road trip. Wally goes tonight for the Stros and he is hot right now and we are not, it will be an easy stros win tonight. Sorry but Stros take us for 3, Brewers for 1 and SD for 2 for a 3-6 road trip and that is if we get a break here or there.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

how did we do on our last road trip? 1-6 i believe, followed that up with a sad 4-3 homestand and now we head into a 9 game road trip. Wally goes tonight for the Stros and he is hot right now and we are not, it will be an easy stros win tonight. Sorry but Stros take us for 3, Brewers for 1 and SD for 2 for a 3-6 road trip and that is if we get a break here or there.
    Love your optimism I am confident this team will bounce back; it has all year, and has given me no reason to believe it won't do it again. A 7-2 trip wouldn't shock me, but I am sticking with 5-4.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Well, so far, I'm one of the negatives in the poll. With all the injuries, resting players, and underperforming lately, I can't see more than 2 wins. Houston is really playing well. But I think we may win one there. SD is playing for their playoff lives and we don't have an urgency to our game anymore. Sweep. One win in Milwaukee. FWIW, I hope I'm wrong.

how did we do on our last road trip? 1-6 i believe ...
    Yes, our last road trip was bad. But that road trip was against the Cardinals, who owned us this year, and the Rockies, the hottest team in baseball. Not to mention, the Coors Field Curse (check our record over the past 20-25 games we've played there). So that road trip was unlikely to turn out well before it even started.

With the exception of that trip, the Reds have been pretty good on the road this year. The trip beginning tonight consists of two sub-.500 teams and a San Diego team that has completely self-destructed over the past three weeks. I think the Reds will take a similar mindset into this trip as they had when they went on the 10-game West Coast swing. And we know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    We have Wandy today. I went and watched Wandy shut us down last time out in Houston. Definitely don't see a w on the horizon in that one.
    We have Cueto going tonight to counter Wandy. I think it will be a close game, but I never count us out when Cueto is on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Yes, our last road trip was bad. But that road trip was against the Cardinals, who owned us this year, and the Rockies, the hottest team in baseball. Not to mention, the Coors Field Curse (check our record over the past 20-25 games we've played there). So that road trip was unlikely to turn out well before it even started.

Owned us? If we are a good team we win at least 2 in St. Louis, the lousey Cubs just swept them in St. Louis. I would agree the Rockies are hot, but so are the Stros and the games are in houston. "Curse" your kidding right?

With the exception of that trip, the Reds have been pretty good on the road this year. The trip beginning tonight consists of two sub-.500 teams and a San Diego team that has completely self-destructed over the past three weeks. I think the Reds will take a similar mindset into this trip as they had when they went on the 10-game West Coast swing. And we know how that turned out.
    They can have whatever mindset they want, they don't have the bodies right now. When 3 of your top 4 offensive weapons are either hurt or not even playing, it's tough to score runs which is what are problem is right now. Phillips/Rolen and Bruce are not 100% and I doubt all 3 will play each of the Stros series games. Without them in the lineup are chances of winning go down considerably.

Turn Off Ads?