Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On A Pace

Senor Votto

On A Pace

At this rate under Mackanin, the Reds will go 66-14 the rest of the year and win 97 games.
    From the ORG. That would be absolutely amazing if they could pull this off.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

Re: On A Pace

I'm all for it.

Hire Mackinin now and give him a 3 year extension!!!!! :>)

got alil captain in u?

if we keep that pace it would be the greatest feet in the history of mankind what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    if we keep that pace it would be the greatest feet in the history of mankind what so ever.
    Makes the Pyramids at Giza look like childs play 'eh?

Make no mistake, Krivsky stacked the deck big-time in favor of Pete Mackanin getting off to a good start. Nothing wrong with that, smart move, but don't let the results of this honeymoon get your hopes up too high.

I like what I'm seeing so far under the P-Mac regime, but lets get those rose-colored glasses off and see it for what it is.

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Make no mistake, Krivsky stacked the deck big-time in favor of Pete Mackanin getting off to a good start. Nothing wrong with that, smart move, but don't let the results of this honeymoon get your hopes up too high.

I like what I'm seeing so far under the P-Mac regime, but lets get those rose-colored glasses off and see it for what it is.
    Stacked the deck? Please enlighten me...

I do agree that we'll see what happens on this road trip, and over the course of the remainder of the season...the Reds aren't suddenly a superior team because Narron is gone.

Krivsky has nothing to do with this success. I think it is a combination of who the Reds were playing and tha fact that they were due just like George Grande said today. I bet Narron is sitting at home wondering what if?

Also alot of times there is always that up-tick in performance under a new manager. Everyone knows the new manager is going to come in looking to make changes, and noone wants to be the change that he makes. So they all step up their play just a little bit.

We've seen this many times with both the Reds (Miley, Narron) and the Bengals (Coslett, Lebeau). I hope that McCannan has already been told there is no way in hell he is getting the job of manager next year, and that the Reds go out and get someone who is proven to be a MLB manager.

Talkin' Baseball

Weathers said it well the other day, sometimes it's just a relief when something like this happens. He said not so much because Narron was doing anything wrong, but with all the trade/firing rumors it was like a pressure cooker and the lid finally came off. The firing provided a "release" and guys are able to play a little more loosely. Had they lost one of those two games with the bull pen blowing the lead late, it might be right back to where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Weathers said it well the other day, sometimes it's just a relief when something like this happens. He said not so much because Narron was doing anything wrong, but with all the trade/firing rumors it was like a pressure cooker and the lid finally came off. The firing provided a "release" and guys are able to play a little more loosely. Had they lost one of those two games with the bull pen blowing the lead late, it might be right back to where it was.
    I thought his statement made sense. They knew something had to happen and now they've gotten their emotional release, so to speak. Even so, the blame for the poor performance with the Reds lies with the players themselves. The same guys who played for Narron (with virtually the same lineup) have won 4 in a row for the first time all season.

It's a shame that a man had to lose his job because the players couldn't keep their heads together, but I'm sure Narron knows that's the way it works in professional sports. Sometimes the guys just need something different in order to change their current level of play.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    Stacked the deck? Please enlighten me.......
    At home against the likes of San Francisco and Arizona? Looks stacked to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    Krivsky has nothing to do with this success. I think it is a combination of who the Reds were playing and tha fact that they were due just like George Grande said today. I bet Narron is sitting at home wondering what if?
    You don't think Krivsky waited for a nice soft spot in the schedule before putting his new guy in there?

Roster glue

You don't think Krivsky waited for a nice soft spot in the schedule before putting his new guy in there?
    I guess I disagree with your premise. A nice soft spot in the schedule (I also think the Diamondbacks are a pretty good team, and yes, the Giants stink) when the Reds had already discovered a massive hole in the boat was the 8-game homestand against Pittsburgh and Washington followed by a road trip at Colorado and St. Louis. I believe every one of those teams are worse than Arizona.

Also, the schedule gets nice and tough again with an 11-game road trip against the NL East after the ASB. I don't think there is a conspiracy here.
    Last edited by boognish; 07-10-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Turn Off Ads?