Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 3 - Giants at Reds 10/9/12

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: NLDS Game 3 - Giants at Reds 10/9/12

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    This might be a blessing in disguise...They are saying LaCure could start tomorrow. If so we will need all of our bullpen. We could not have a 12-15 inning game tonight.
    It also means that they must think that Cueto is close to pitching. They obviously don't want to DL him and have him (potentially) miss the next series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It also means that they must think that Cueto is close to pitching. They obviously don't want to DL him and have him (potentially) miss the next series.
    Marty and Thom just said that the news is not good for Cueto. They were saying either LaCure, Latos on shot rest AGAIN, or Leake and DL Cueto .
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Latos on short rest and if that blows up you are screwed again for game 5 and have to go with Arroyo on short rest...

Do you try to patch work the pen for 9?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I'm not sure how you could say that. Loading the bases would have no doubt opened the door for a big inning but, it gives you a force at home, a slower runner, a chance to go to third with Pence trying to run on one leg.
    It's also brings the walk/HBP into play. Which is more likely to happen than an error. Arias with all that speed still gets less hits than the slower Sanchez. BTW, FWIW, Sanchez is 4-7 with the bases loaded this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Latos on short rest and if that blows up you are screwed again for game 5 and have to go with Arroyo on short rest...

Do you try to patch work the pen for 9?
    I was thinking the samething...Patch work it tomorrow. Go with your ACE game 5. Cain will be scared to death of us game 5.

So glad we are now playing for Game 5. That is garbage.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    So glad we are now playing for Game 5. That is garbage.
    I'd rather have Latos on FULL rest than or short rest again.

The Giants have not exactly hit the cover off the ball. I'd give it to LaCure and Simon.

I'd rather have Latos on FULL rest than or short rest again.

The Giants have not exactly hit the cover off the ball. I'd give it to LaCure and Simon.
    You could DL Cairo...and pitch Leake...

You could DL Cairo...and pitch Leake...
    Its gotta be a pitcher....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

I agree with those that would have walked Arias to force the Giants to use their last pinch hitter and take their closer out of the game while also creating a force at every base. If you get through the inning you are at a strategic advantage the rest of the game no matter how many innings it goes. It is not a criticism of Dusty, just a difference of opinion on the best way to handle a tough situation.

It was a tough choice for Dusty and this time it didn't work out.

Its gotta be a pitcher....
    Well if they think Cueto is really screwed up, it's got to be him. If not how about Jose Arredondo.

Well if they think Cueto is really screwed up, it's got to be him. If not how about Jose Arredondo.
    I'm not sure how MLB would handle this/Reds if something like this would happen...

Really should have pitched someone to get hurt tonight.. (Jose, Simon) and made the move for Leake tomorrow....

Jockstocks Homepage

I'm not sure how MLB would handle this/Reds if something like this would happen...

Really should have pitched someone to get hurt tonight.. (Jose, Simon) and made the move for Leake tomorrow....
    On the other hand, Simon hasn't pitched this series. Maybe it's because he's had a lingering blister.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If you're not stupid, and everyone is on the same page, injuries can easily be faked.

MLB has nothing to do with it. Teams do it all the time. You can say stress, sorness, whatever. That is why they have the rule. Take advantage of it.

Turn Off Ads?