Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

It was a very self serving commercial. Like this is supposed to rebuild his image? Why not just have James Earl Jones do the voice...Darth Vader style.

MWM..i think those commercials are funny. Gieco is the king of great commercials although they have run the Caveman thing into the ground.

How many people do you have creating and then pitching those ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

There is a plane flying around the golf course with a banner that reads: "Tiger: Did you mean Bootyism?"

It flew right in front of the first tee when Tiger was teeing off.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

How low do you have to be to use your dead father to gain sympathy from the public for sleazebag antics on your part. This guy is the definition of a scumbag.

Nice job exploiting your dead father.

Nice outburst Tiger, way to stick to your word. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    How many people do you have creating and then pitching those ideas?
    It's not as complicated a process as some might think. It's basically the brand managers (me and my boss) who develop the overall advertising strategy, then work with an ad agency to develop the creative. We write a creative brief that has the overall objectives and the agency has a couple of account people and then a creative team of a few people who come up with the ideas. They share with us the ideas and we pick the ones we like, give feedback, then have a few rounds of revisions before decisions are made the the ad is shot. Fairly simple process. I'm still amazed at how much awful advertising there is out there. Some of the spots people "like" the most are some of the most ineffective.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Nice outburst Tiger, way to stick to your word. lol
    That's gonna be a tough thing to keep in check. No way you can change completely in one tournament.

thought the SG summed it all rather well

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100412

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    thought the SG summed it all rather well

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100412
    That was very strong.

But make no mistake. Tiger may be reviled by the majority of the casual golfing public, but his talent and his drive to be the best of all time isn't in question, IMO.

Enjoy it while you can, PGA. Bad Tiger is about to come back with a vengeance.

You may not like the guy for his behavior, but he's infinitely more interesting now than ever before.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Tiger is in real trouble of missing the cut at Quail Hollow. Just had his second bogey in a row and is now 3 shots back of the probable cut line.

This is how I expected him to play at Augusta. Dude is human afterall. I'm sure his game will come along shortly. Hopefully Lefty's hasn't gone back in the can by that time, because it would be fun to have both of them playing at a high level at the same time.

Whew what a brutal round. He is +7 for the tournament and he is still hacking out there. BTW the cut line is +1.

I was too busy to watch, but I hope Tiger ditches Hank Haney. His driver swing is so bad it makes me want to vomit. It's terrible and he's rehearsing the wrong way to correct his error. It's mind-boggling to me that he continues to do the same thing over and over again. He's clearly not as smart as I thought he was. Tiger, bring back Butch!!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

"But at least I get the weekend to watch and see how it's done, how real players play golf."

How Tiger handles these kind of struggles I think will be very telling in if he's truly a different guy or not. I can't believe this isn't related to the crap that's going on in his life.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?