Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Todd Frazier

Now up to (according to ESPN) .295/.355/.555 for the year. That's an All-Star year for anyone let alone a rookie.

Just what do we have in this guy? Obviously, assuming Rolen does retire as expected, he's the regular 3B next year. Is he a perrenial all-star? Maybe something more? Or maybe less?

It's just a shame he won't be an everyday player when Votto is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier

He will. Dusty will find a way. Either at third or in right. At least I hope so.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I want to believe he's always going to be this good, but it's unlikely to be the case. No matter what, he is definitely in the starting lineup come Opening Day 2013. Can only guess beyond that.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It's going to be really frustrating if Rolen is playing over him in the playoffs, and all indications are that he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    It's going to be really frustrating if Rolen is playing over him in the playoffs, and all indications are that he will be.
    If Rolen stays healthy and continues doing as well as he is then you can't very well take him out of there either.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    If Rolen stays healthy and continues doing as well as he is then you can't very well take him out of there either.
    Yet if you had to pick one over the other on most days...if not every day.

Since coming back from the disabled list, Rolen has OPS'd .879. Throw in his defense, and he's my starter for the playoffs.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Since coming back from the disabled list, Rolen has OPS'd .879. Throw in his defense, and he's my starter for the playoffs.
    I agree with this 100%. Frazier will get his at-bats for the rest of the regular season. Votto will need rest, Rolen only plays 4 days a week and Luddy needs a day or two a week. Frazier will be in the lineup most days. If Rolen can keep up what hes done in the second half I want him starting 3rd in the playoffs. If we face a tough righty Frazier can get the nod. Dusty will find ways. Isnt it good though to have a guy that is having a tremendous year yet we have to find at-bats for him. A very good problem to have Id say.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

IIRC, he was talked about as a possible future super utility guy when he was still in the minors. And now he is one. But, even if he is the starting 3rd baseman for the next 5+ years I think he'll be underrated (ESPECIALLY nationally).

I have a grand idea...let Rolen have another stint on the 15 day DL once Votto is back and playing every day. Let Rolen get about a week or so of AB's in right before the playoffs start, ensuring he is fresh. I am afraid if Rolen plays out the rest of the season we will see a beat up a sore Scotty.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Is Frazier this good? I don't really think so. In 2012 his BABIP is .339. His BABIP hasn't matched that in the minor leagues at any level he has reached 190 PA's. So Frazier is probably experiencing a bit of luck.

With that said, his power is absolutely real. If he settles in as a .270/.335/.500 guy, that is pretty darn good still.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm really impressed with Frazier. But I'd rather have Rolen playing third defensively than Frazier. And Rolen's bat has been solid since the AS Break. I'm really happy for Scott.

Stick Frazier in the OF and let Stubbs sit. Obviously, move Bruce to CF.

If Ludwick walks, the Reds sign a LH LF to platoon with Frazier and Rolen plays 3b next year. It's one scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    If Ludwick walks, the Reds sign a LH LF to platoon with Frazier and Rolen plays 3b next year. It's one scenario.
    I think Ludwick will be our starting LF next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    I think Ludwick will be our starting LF next year.
    That depends on Ludwick. He might just insist on a new deal or he'll go somewhere else.

Turn Off Ads?