Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    It's completely mental....his fielding is off the chart great, but then he does a calculus problem in his head and then throws it over there like he has duct tape wrapped around his body holding in his arm.
    I couldn't describe this any better.

Crazy how he seemingly lost his throwing motion... I don't recall it looking like that a couple years ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's completely mental....his fielding is off the chart great, but then he does a calculus problem in his head and then throws it over there like he has duct tape wrapped around his body holding in his arm.
    Love this. Literally laughed out loud. Thing is--it's a new phenomenon in 2012. Maybe it's a new side effect of cortisone. He's had four shots so far this season. Will take the occasional errors given what he's been doing offensively since he got the first shot mid year.

Quote Originally Posted by JB12 View Post
    I couldn't describe this any better.

Crazy how he seemingly lost his throwing motion... I don't recall it looking like that a couple years ago.
    Exactly. It's new. JB--are you in VA or IL?

Al Borland in to pitch

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    wow! I'm stunned. Amazing work by Clippard mostly because he has been so consistently awful since mid summer.

We should be good here. Storen will close it out next inning. Any insurance run(s) of course gravy.

Reds/Nats LCS. Need to figure out how to put that in my signature line here.
    Sorry, but I don't know how to do that kinda stuff....BTW, what is the baseball climate in the DC erea? A lotta buzz?

How is this rain delay going to screw with our game, will they move it to MLB network?

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Exactly. It's new. JB--are you in VA or IL?
    Haha, neither, actually.

In the great state of Ohio -- scrunched between Columbus and Dayton, right on i70.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Sorry, but I don't know how to do that kinda stuff....BTW, what is the baseball climate in the DC erea? A lotta buzz?
    No worries. Easy enough to figure out after the games are over. Most boards use similar platforms.

Climate here is pretty off the charts. The city didn't have baseball for 30 years and, partly due to that, there's really hand wringing over the nats vs skins. Especially a day like today--the first time in anyone's life here that the redskins (with RGIII against the best in the NFL this year: ATL) at the same time as the first baseball playoff game for a DC team in 79 years. there were radio talk shows on that topic the past two days. We've been averaging around 30K for the season in a very nice new park.

I'd like to take a weed eater and make crop circles in Motte's beard forest.

I'd like to take a weed eater and make crop circles in Motte's beard forest.
    Can get a twofor with Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    How is this rain delay going to screw with our game, will they move it to MLB network?
    TNT has been the channel for overlapping games so far.

TNT has been the channel for overlapping games so far.
    Cool, thanks

LaRoche has been the core of the team this year. Not so much this game but if you check his 2012 numbers, near the top in most categories.

Now, Drew Storen. 43 saves last year. Just back to his old form after missing most of the season recovering from off season surgery. Stanford guy. Great stuff. This will be his biggest moment yet in his career. I'm excited for you guys not familiar with him to see this. He's no Chapman but he's quite effective.

Glad to see the best part of the lineup...ugh

Jon Jay will prolly strikeout and get to 3rd on throwing errors score on an infield bulk.

Lets get 3 more outs and make this a best of 3 series at Washington at the worst.

Turn Off Ads?