Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    probably to catch up on all the baseball managers at their real jobs?

probably to catch up on all the "professional" baseball managers at their real jobs

Fixed that for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

probably to catch up on all the baseball managers at their real jobs?
    I guess we can sit around and stare at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Wow! Just read this thread this morning. Redszone has a way of taking the joy out of baseball.
    The last four games played at home by the Reds have taken some of the joy out of baseball. Not exactly the team's shining moment.

What do you expect, celebration? Blow the playoffs and waste great pitching to lose Opening Day. Not exactly a joyful time.

I was at two of the playoff games last year.

Easily the two most fun games that I have ever been at, and I was also at the Adam Dunn walk-off grand slam 7 run comeback in the 8th and 9th game.

The joy is still there, if you let it be. Yesterday was a very entertaining (albeit frustrating) game- Cueto pitched amazingly! Hoover stranding the 1-out triple? Some great stuff in there.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Enough with the Dusty bashing. Rule number 5.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Enough with the Dusty bashing. Rule number 5.
    There's been very little outright Dusty "bashing". I think discussing his game decesions is perfectly acceptable.

just my opinion

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    The only fair criticism I see was starting Volquez in Game 1 in 2010. Although starting someone else would not have probably changed the outcome.
    We could have started a clone of 2001 Pedro Martinez in that game and still had the same result.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    There's been very little outright Dusty "bashing". I think discussing his game decesions is perfectly acceptable.

just my opinion
    There are like 5 threads right now all simultaneously discussing different aspects of Dusty's perceived shortcomings as the manager of the Reds.

I think that's pretty excessive.
    Long live punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    There are like 5 threads right now all simultaneously discussing different aspects of Dusty's perceived shortcomings as the manager of the Reds.

and there is always going to be manager "bashing", but we're here to talk about the Reds. The only thing we actually have to talk about right now is last night's game.

Dusty didn't do himself many favors last night, IMO.

In no way is it all Dusty's fault last night. The offense struggled against really good pitching. But he didn't help himself.

Hijacks in most cases, which is a board killer

12. Likes:

Always Red (04-02-2013),Steve4192 (04-02-2013),Tommyjohn25 (04-02-2013)

a ton of negative people after 1 game. seems unreal.

14. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-02-2013),Brisco (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    and there is always going to be manager "bashing", but we're here to talk about the Reds. The only thing we actually have to talk about right now is last night's game.

Dusty didn't do himself many favors last night, IMO.

In no way is it all Dusty's fault last night. The offense struggled against really good pitching. But he didn't help himself.
    A discussion about Ludwick's injury while sliding into a base became a diatribe about Baker's management of the end of the game. There haven't been consecutive meaningful posts about how the Reds should react to the loss of their cleanup hitter since page 3 in this thread.

Baker has a place in this discussion, as he is a part of the team. But this thread is so far off topic that it will need an astrolabe to get back on it.

Hopefully this post can serve as a reminder that this thread is meant for a discussion of Ludwick's injury and the Reds' response to it, and not yet another discussion about Baker's roster usage with Ludwick out, as we already have 3 other threads about that, two of which are supposed to be about Bruce's changing approach and Hoover's pitching yesterday.
    Long live punishment

16. Likes:

Brisco (04-02-2013),elfmanvt07 (04-02-2013),Ga_Red (04-02-2013),Nathan (04-02-2013),Steve4192 (04-02-2013),Tommyjohn25 (04-02-2013),wlf WV (04-02-2013)

A discussion about Ludwick's injury while sliding into a base became a diatribe about Baker's management of the end of the game. There haven't been consecutive meaningful posts about how the Reds should react to the loss of their cleanup hitter since page 3 in this thread.

Baker has a place in this discussion, as he is a part of the team. But this thread is so far off topic that it will need an astrolabe to get back on it.

Hopefully this post can serve as a reminder that this thread is meant for a discussion of Ludwick's injury and the Reds' response to it, and not yet another discussion about Baker's roster usage with Ludwick out, as we already have 3 other threads about that, two of which are supposed to be about Bruce's changing approach and Hoover's pitching yesterday.
    Quoted for truth.

In an effort to regain the topic, does anyone think that Bob will ask Walt to get on the horn for someone from out of town?
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

I think they should explore it, but I don't expect they will do anything. Might depend on the severity of the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    Quoted for truth.

In an effort to regain the topic, does anyone think that Bob will ask Walt to get on the horn for someone from out of town?
    Maybe Johnny Damon will call begging ?

Turn Off Ads?