Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone else think this would help [Choo in LF, Robinson/Heisey in CF]

Re: Does anyone else think this would help [Choo in LF, Robinson/Heisey in CF]

What makes Rios too expensive, his contract or speculation as to what the Sox would want in return? IMO he should be the target. Living in Chicago, pressure is building on the Sox to blow it up and start over.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Redus View Post
    What makes Rios too expensive, his contract or speculation as to what the Sox would want in return? IMO he should be the target. Living in Chicago, pressure is building on the Sox to blow it up and start over.
    From the Red's perspective both, but the Reds don't have a lot of near ready talent that they can spare. I'm sure the Sox could get more elsewhere.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

What's Wily Mo up to?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    What's Wily Mo up to?
    Struggling in Japan after a solid season last year over there.

I thought the Cubs played Schierholtz in CF when the Reds last played them. Anyway, he's at least as proficient there as Choo...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I will say this. I hope Paul is the one that loses his spot when we get Ludwick back. He has a little pop, but no D. I prefer Robinson to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I thought the Cubs played Schierholtz in CF when the Reds last played them. Anyway, he's at least as proficient there as Choo...
    He's played all 539.2 defensive innings in 2013 in RF. I think Choo has been adequate in CF. Actually I have a much bigger problem with Choo against LHP than I do in CF. Schierholtz would be a huge downgrade from Choo in CF. Perhaps you're thinking of a different Schierholtz.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    He's played all 539.2 defensive innings in 2013 in RF. I think Choo has been adequate in CF. Actually I have a much bigger problem with Choo against LHP than I do in CF. Schierholtz would be a huge downgrade from Choo in CF. Perhaps you're thinking of a different Schierholtz.
    Yeah, must be his evil twin brother, Jack Schierholtz. :-)

Anyway, don't mind me. Not surprising that I misremembered that Cubs series. :-)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Not popular around here, but I wouldn't want Chris Heisey anywhere near any club I owned. Of course I could say that about a few other players too.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Yeah, must be his evil twin brother, Jack Schierholtz. :-)

Anyway, don't mind me. Not surprising that I misremembered that Cubs series. :-)
    You are probably thinking of Ryan Sweeney...who really shouldn't play CF.

Side note: what's up with the "Hi-C" nickname...not even how his name is pronounced. It shouldn't bug me, but it does.

13. Likes:

dougdirt (07-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Not popular around here, but I wouldn't want Chris Heisey anywhere near any club I owned. Of course I could say that about a few other players too.
    Because he's decent fourth OF?

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-07-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

If I'm the Reds, I don't want Hamilton's flaws further exposed at this level. I want him improving in the minors so his trade value is higher. He should be part of a deadline deal package that brings a legit RH power hitter to the lineup.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Side note: what's up with the "Hi-C" nickname...not even how his name is pronounced. It shouldn't bug me, but it does.
    Same with me.

Turn Off Ads?