Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bakersfield not showing much Reds love..

Bakersfield not showing much Reds love..

Was checking out our High A level team and was shocked to see that they were giving away the following players in bobblehead form..

Don Drysdale...

Hideo Nomo...

Josh Hamilton...

George Culver...

Now yes it's in Calf and close to LA, but come on...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bakersfield not showing much Reds love..

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Was checking out our High A level team and was shocked to see that they were giving away the following players in bobblehead form..

Don Drysdale...

Hideo Nomo...

Josh Hamilton...

George Culver...

Now yes it's in Calf and close to LA, but come on...
    The question I have is why the California league versus the FSL or Carolina? I guess it would have been weird to have their FSL team still playing in the stadium where the Orioles ST/GCL operations are. But the solution that somehow involved the Pirates and Bradenton seemed odd. Then they dumped Lynchburg for Bakersfield, which I can't understand at all.

Re: Bakersfield not showing much Reds love..

Quote Originally Posted by KySteveH View Post
    The question I have is why the California league versus the FSL or Carolina? I guess it would have been weird to have their FSL team still playing in the stadium where the Orioles ST/GCL operations are. But the solution that somehow involved the Pirates and Bradenton seemed odd. Then they dumped Lynchburg for Bakersfield, which I can't understand at all.
    The Reds got dumped by Lynchburg, not the other way around.

Unfortunately during the last round of minor league PDC musical chairs took place the Reds were the last team standing so the Reds and Bakersfield were stuck with each other. Hopefully the next time around the Reds will be able to land a better affiliate because their current arrangement leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Turn Off Ads?