Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

The New Orleans police have a suspect:

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Depends on what you think the "real product" of a Super Bowl is, I suppose. If the real product is the spectacle, it's pretty damned impressive that the spectacle can draw such a crowd. If the real product is football, I don't really think it says anything negative about football that you can get millions and millions of people who aren't football fans to watch a football game if you market it correctly.

I'd say that most of the people who are football fans and feel that the spectacle takes away from the game still watch the game anyway, so there's no real upside for anyone with skin in the game to change anything.
    Steering the sheep into a living room to sit in front of a TV doesn't impress me. All marketing has done is turn every event into one upsmanship over the last event. It has reached the saturation point and is now a borish distraction. Drawing a crowd is not a crowning human achievement. Serve pizza and you can do that.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

4. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (02-07-2013)

part of BBN

So whats is everyone's opinion of the last play by SF ? Should a flag have been throw or not ?
    There are always many plays that help decide a game so I try not to blame a loss on one play. However, As far as that one play, when watching at first, I thought good no call. Then with the replay.....the defender definitely had him and i think it should have been flagged.
    On the flip-side, that was a risky play imo, for 4th and goal.

A flag should have been thrown, but the refs were letting pretty much everything go last night, a lot of it befitting Baltimore.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    A flag should have been thrown, but the refs were letting pretty much everything go last night, a lot of it befitting Baltimore.
    In isolation, on that one play, yep...a flag should have been thrown. Ball in the air, and the defenders contact was totally outweighing the recievers contact.

However, I think the refs had a poor night, and you are right...they weren't throwing flags all night long, no sense in throwing on on the deciding play. At least they were consistent...which as a coach, I would much rather have vs. an inconsistent crew. I love the 49ers staff, but those last three plays were horrible calls.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000136893/

Wow. Basically they caught Flacco on tape telling teammates to run out on the field to tackle Ginn on the last play.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The Falcons probably think a flag should've been thrown for pass interference in their final offensive play against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game. Everyone in SF thought the refs "letting them play" was just fine then.

I thought the two players got tangled up within the 5 yard area where contact is allowed. When Crabtree tried to push off, the DB grabbed him. The pass was 5 yards out of bounds. Have no problem with a no call there. It was really an awful route by Crabtree.

I thought the worst "no-call" was when the Ravens player pushed the referee in the first quarter. He should've been tossed, but he didn't even get a 15 yard penalty. The Ravens holding (tackling) on the punt/intentional safety play didn't get called, but I'm not sure what difference that would've made. The 49ers would've declined the penalty anyway and taken the safety.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    The New Orleans police have a suspect:

I heard Ray Lewis killed the lights...
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    So whats is everyone's opinion of the last play by SF ? Should a flag have been throw or not ?
    There are always many plays that help decide a game so I try not to blame a loss on one play. However, As far as that one play, when watching at first, I thought good no call. Then with the replay.....the defender definitely had him and i think it should have been flagged.
    On the flip-side, that was a risky play imo, for 4th and goal.
    You have to make more of an effort than that if you're Crabtree. IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    The Ravens holding (tackling) on the punt/intentional safety play didn't get called, but I'm not sure what difference that would've made. The 49ers would've declined the penalty anyway and taken the safety.
    Actually that call would have resulted in the officials calling a safety since it occured in the end zone but the end result would not have changed. But it's the fact that the officials made no such call that illuminates how they were not calling holding in this game that reflects poorly on the officials. If they won't call that holding then they weren't going to call it on anyone. I understand letting 'em play and all but they should follow the rulebook to a certain extent

13. Likes:

jmac (02-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

Wow. Basically they caught Flacco on tape telling teammates to run out on the field to tackle Ginn on the last play.
    I'll give him credit--it seems like he was willing to do pretty much anything to win.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Steering the sheep into a living room to sit in front of a TV doesn't impress me. All marketing has done is turn every event into one upsmanship over the last event. It has reached the saturation point and is now a borish distraction. Drawing a crowd is not a crowning human achievement. Serve pizza and you can do that.
    I pretty much could give a Thumbs Up to all your opinions on this matter.
    This sport did not become popular beacuse of the commercials or a halftime show. It is ironic though that many of the games have been closer since they decided to turn the game into a Las Vegas Variety show.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

Don't go all Skip Bayless on us......he took it so seriously and actually had stupid debate on ESPN 1st take. Bad enough....I actually watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    The Falcons probably think a flag should've been thrown for pass interference in their final offensive play against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game. Everyone in SF thought the refs "letting them play" was just fine then.

I thought the two players got tangled up within the 5 yard area where contact is allowed. When Crabtree tried to push off, the DB grabbed him. The pass was 5 yards out of bounds. Have no problem with a no call there. It was really an awful route by Crabtree.

I thought the worst "no-call" was when the Ravens player pushed the referee in the first quarter. He should've been tossed, but he didn't even get a 15 yard penalty. The Ravens holding (tackling) on the punt/intentional safety play didn't get called, but I'm not sure what difference that would've made. The 49ers would've declined the penalty anyway and taken the safety.
    I agree with all of the above.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Bowman may want to own up to penalties after the Super Bowl is over. Speculation going around that him admitting to holding White may have hurt the Niners with the refs. I don't buy it but it is possible.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?