Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Briggs Myers Personality Test

Briggs Myers Personality Test

For whatever reason, I like taking these every few years. As I took this one tonight, I found myself thinking that I was answering the questions differently than usual. However, when I finished, I got the same result I always do--INTP, with the emphasis on the I and the N (100% intuitive).

Here's the link I used, if anyone else would like to try.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Briggs Myers Personality Test

INTJ

Introvert(56%) INtuitive(50%) Thinking(75%) Judging(22%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
    You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I've probably taken it in one form or another at least ten times with consistent results.

Weak I
    Mid S
    Strong T
    Very Weak P

Similarly, has anyone else taken DiSC?
    Last edited by paintmered; 07-08-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

ENTJ but all slight (25% or less).

ISTJ
    Introvert(78%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(50%) Judging(33%)
    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The internet tests are really bad because MBTI theory is about cognitive processes and the internet tests ask about behavior.

Questions like "Do you like to socialize?" have nothing to do with extroversion and introversion.

I've always been INTJ
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    The internet tests are really bad because MBTI theory is about cognitive processes and the internet tests ask about behavior.

Questions like "Do you like to socialize?" have nothing to do with extroversion and introversion.
    My aunt used to administer this test and give workshops on it. If I remember correctly, the introvert/extravert terms in Myers Briggs have nothing to do with the way we traditionally think of them -- how sociable you are, etc. It has more to do with where you derive your energy from, whether you garner it from within or are spurred to action by other people. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but is that what you mean? Am I remembering right?

I haven't taken the test since she gave it to me at 14, when I was an INFP, and with that internet test just now I'm an ENFP, but with the E a negligible 1% (the results told me to read both descriptions). So the internet has me pegged, big surprise. I do remember the test she gave me being a LOT longer, with multiple sections.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    My aunt used to administer this test and give workshops on it. If I remember correctly, the introvert/extravert terms in Myers Briggs have nothing to do with the way we traditionally think of them -- how sociable you are, etc. It has more to do with where you derive your energy from, whether you garner it from within or are spurred to action by other people. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but is that what you mean? Am I remembering right?

I haven't taken the test since she gave it to me at 14, when I was an INFP, and with that internet test just now I'm an ENFP, but with the E a negligible 1% (the results told me to read both descriptions). So the internet has me pegged, big surprise. I do remember the test she gave me being a LOT longer, with multiple sections.
    Introversion and extroversion has to do with how your cognitive abilities are directed. For example, introverted thinking and extroverted thinking are different. Introverted thinkers might be less interested in socializing than extroverted thinkers, but that's not necessarily the case. I'm an extroverted thinker (ENTJ), but I'm less interested in socializing than some introverted thinkers I've known in the past. This analogy has its flaws, but you might think of extroverted thinking more like an experimental physicist and introverted thinking more like a theoretical physicist. Thought experiments are an introverted thinking process, but collaborating and coming up with an actual experiment to test a hypothesis is more of an extroverted thinking process.

One trend I've noticed is that a lot of people who have taken these internet tests think they are INTPs when they are really another type with social anxiety. You could be an ESTJ with social anxiety and get typed as INTP with some of these internet tests. That's one of the reasons most people need someone educated on the subject administering the tests. It's possible to type yourself, but you need to study the subject first.

11. Likes:

vaticanplum (07-09-2014)

ENFJ. Moderate extroversion, distinct intuition, moderate feeling and judging. The same as when I took it when I got married except that I've flipped from P to J. Pretty accurate description of me, I must say.

Name:  estj.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  32.1 KB

Reading the description made me laugh, it's stereotypical German; fastidious, loves rules, only uses logic, believes hard work accomplishes everything.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I took this 20 years ago and was ESTJ. Now the E has been replaced with an I.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

rather than simply take the test I very much recommend reading " Gifts Differing" by Isabel Briggs Myers. The whole point is to try to understand how you interact with the world to understand yourself better and to have better relationships with spouse/significant other, family, friends, coworkers, etc. Rather than just say "I'm an INFJ" and move on, you want to keep your personality type in mind as you go about your daily life. When you see that everyone isn't exactly like you then you can "understand where they are coming from" better.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    rather than simply take the test I very much recommend reading " Gifts Differing" by Isabel Briggs Myers. The whole point is to try to understand how you interact with the world to understand yourself better and to have better relationships with spouse/significant other, family, friends, coworkers, etc. Rather than just say "I'm an INFJ" and move on, you want to keep your personality type in mind as you go about your daily life. When you see that everyone isn't exactly like you then you can "understand where they are coming from" better.
    I second this. When my wife and I got married the minister shared this book with us and it was very eye opening. It is especially helpful to us as teachers and I think it is applicable in all areas of life. I also recommend Please Understand Me by David Keisey and Marilyn Bates, which builds on the work of Briggs Myers, Jung and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    What's amusing and sad is when this is turned into some sort of relationship test. Some types of supposedly more compatible than others. I personally think that's bull. There's too much that goes into compatibility that has absolutely nothing to do with MBTI type. But anyway, one example is that ENFPs and INFJs supposedly make great matches. There's a psychology internet forum I used to frequent where almost every time a female "INFJ" joined, she'd be swarmed by male "ENFPs" trying to "get to know her". That happened with other type combinations, but the ENFP/INFJ combination was the most obvious and frequent.

Turn Off Ads?