Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

My dad raised a legitimate question this morning- Why does everything have to be an excuse to drink; couldn't they celebrate with Coke just as easily. I mean seriously.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    My dad raised a legitimate question this morning- Why does everything have to be an excuse to drink; couldn't they celebrate with Coke just as easily. I mean seriously.

That'd be pretty funny, actually. A bunch of baseball players shaking up cans of coke and opening them in their teammates' faces

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    How in the world does it get more exciting than that?!? Not sure I can take it!
    You might need pharmaceutical assistance. At least, make sure you're stocked up on all the OTC stuff, you might not know where it's going to hit you.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Computer problems have kept me from weighing in until now, but I wanted to be a part of the best thread in the history of RedsZone.

This is all so freaking beautiful.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

In all the delirium, have we talked yet about the fact that Jay Bruce wears 32 and won the game 3-2?

I didn't get very much sleep.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

We did that when we clinched a High School Football Playoff in 2008, it was fun as hell
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

You mean Coke the huge international corn syrup monster that's making the world fat, buying up water reserves and branding itself everywhere on the planet?

Pass

Josh Hamilton skipped the Rangers' celebration and went to speak at a church.

His teammates said they were going to douse him with bottles of water.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

You mean Coke the huge international corn syrup monster that's making the world fat, buying up water reserves and branding itself everywhere on the planet?

Pass
    You were a hippie in the '60s, weren't you?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Darryl Strawberry and Steve Howe would like this idea.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Interesting take from the STL paper...top 10 games which went wrong for the Cardinals this year. My head is still too fuzzy to make an attempt at the top 10 games which went right for the Reds this year.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...7a4a78c22.html

I think this one is my favorite from the list:

New York Mets 2, Cardinals 1 (20 innings)

April 17. Busch Stadium

Jaime Garcia's five hitless innings opposite Cy Young Award-winner Johan Santana were an afterthought in the 18th inning when both teams remained scoreless and thinning rosters hinted at hi-jinks ahead. A sacrifice fly to Kyle Lohse, forced into action as a left fielder, and a two-out RBI single from Yadier Molina created a 1-1 tie through 19 innings. In the 20th, the winning run scored off Joe Mather, who pitched two innings in the game and became the first Cardinal position player to get a decision in 22 years.

One double switch in the 11th resonated through the remainder of the game. Manager Tony La Russa lifted Matt Holliday and planted the pitcher in the cleanup, smack behind Albert Pujols. The three-time MVP was intentionally walked the rest of the game, and twice he was walked to load the bases. Each time, the pitcher batted to avoid squandering an inning on the mound and each time the pitcher struck out. And the game grinded on. "It's real obvious," La Russa said, "if you double-switch Holliday out of the game, unless you have a really deep bench, you've got a problem."

You were a hippie in the '60s, weren't you?

I was a toddler in the 60's

I was a toddler in the 60's
    Ah, so I see. Well, don't a great many things have corn syrup in them? Buying up water reserves? Don't all beverages? Advertising bombardment? And alcoholic beverages, particularly beer, don't?

Well, if all they're going to do is spray it, you've got a point, but a certain amount of bubbly is ingested and the alcohol does make a difference at that point. Actually what I saw was most of the players drinking from these huge red cans of Budweiser. I'm sure that was what was given to them but if I were a professional player I would have opted for a better beer

Cheers to RedsZone's FIRST of many postseasons!
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Turn Off Ads?