CNNSI's Donovan: Weakest Links
I only included the NL Central. Here's the rest of the story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ess/index.html
• The Cardinals will look mostly familiar in the field. That's OK, too, if everyone stays healthy. But that rotation, with or without Jeff Weaver, is still real fuzzy.
• The Astros tried to get more pop in the lineup by signing outfielder Carlos Lee, but they're still stuck with good guy/bad bat Brad Ausmus behind the plate.
• The Reds won't get much hitting out of new SS Alex Gonzalez, and who knows where -- or how much -- Ken Griffey plays? But the big drama: Who closes?
• The Brewers have done a good job finding rotation help, and their lineup returns mostly intact. Now if they can find a plug for that hole in Rickie Weeks' glove ...
• The Pirates' lineup has more pop with Adam LaRoche. But he cost them closer Mike Gonzalez. Are the Bucs really ready for Salomon Torres Time in the ninth?
• The Cubs spent wildly -- some good, some bad -- to fill their needs. Yet they may end up having to give newcomer Alfonso Soriano directions to center field.
When all is said and done more is said than done.