Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

This guy doesn't have major league stuff. Injured or not...lets cut our losses or just endure losses. I am so distraught.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Majewski

I really don't blame him for that home run last night. I forget who the batter was but Majewski really did strike him out 3 times but the ump was blind as a bat.

got alil captain in u?

i agree with degenrate10. Those pitches were strikes or close enough to them i do no kno how delucci did not swing. Let's remember he's only a year removed from being injured give him time. You just can't throw the guy away after what we traded for him.

Quote Originally Posted by major harris View Post

This guy doesn't have major league stuff. Injured or not...lets cut our losses or just endure losses. I am so distraught.
    Majewski put up some good MLB # before comming to the Reds let see if he can get back to that.Like captainmorgan07 said he is still getting over his injury give him some time.

I don't agree that he doesn't have major league stuff. I don't know quite what the problem is, but I did watch closely his first outing after he came back from Louisville. That inning he was throwing 94, what I think was probably a two-seam cut fastball, and moving it way in on right handers. That's major league stuff.

When i cringe when i see who's coming in from the bullpen
    thats when we need to cut a guy loose. Of course that
    wont happen because WK will make sure of it. Whatever
    his stuff is or is not, can he get batters out? Thats all that
    matters. The answer is NO

got alil captain in u?

well 2 nites ago he got big double play last nite he should of struck out delucci so i'd say he can get a few guys out

He will be ok, he is throwing harder than he did all of last year so its just a matter of location. Last night he was being squeezed and thats what caused the HR.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Why cut him loose? It's not like we have that much coming up behind him, and its not like we have anything to play for this season. He was an expensive get, lets see if he pans out in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    well 2 nites ago he got big double play last nite he should of struck out delucci so i'd say he can get a few guys out
    should have, could have, would have..the guy hit a 2 run bomb
    Maj lost the game...yea they should have been strikes i agree,
    but the end result was a 2 run game tying home run

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Why cut him loose? It's not like we have that much coming up behind him, and its not like we have anything to play for this season. He was an expensive get, lets see if he pans out in the long run.
    Exactly. At this point 2007 is basically a trial season to find out who we can count on going into next year.

Not sure I'd write off 2007 yet, as improbable as that sounds. This division is not very good, just like last year--something that made Krivsky and others think we had a chance, which, in fact, we did, even though the club was not very good. There are slow but steady signs of improvement in this team lately, and right now a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, Lohse, Bailey, Belisle is pretty good. The bullpen too is getting a little better. The process is slow and painful but the improvement is real. I think you keep Majewski because he's got wicked stuff. It's just a matter of time with him, IMHO.

yeah just a matter of time, why in the next eon he should be fine

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

My confidence in McBeth on the mound > Majewski on the mound.

McBeth's confidence in himself to get MLB hitters out > than Majewski's self confidence.

Not to be negative, but it just looks like he is expecting to get tatooed out there. I have never seen a less confident pitcher on the mound as far as his demeanor.
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

I can't believe some of you guys...get rid of him because he just got back from an injury and he doesn't have major league stuff? Give him a few weeks, sheesh...always find a way to complain. Also he has been getting picked on by the umps last 2 games.

He had a sub 3 era in 04..that is major league material. =

Turn Off Ads?