PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

RedEye
02-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Hey folks,

Does anyone watch this show? I feel a need to discuss it. We just watched season one episodes 1-8. We loved the first 7 episodes -- and I was to the point of crowing about the brilliance of the writing staff -- but then episode 8 completely disappointed us.

What do others think? Does Brody's past tutoring gig not seem a bit facile compared to the plotting that seems so savvy earlier in season one? Is there stuff to come that redeems this misstep?

More importantly -- what are you general thoughts about HOMELAND?

Thanks,

RedEye

R_Webb18
02-09-2013, 02:51 PM
s1 was great
s2 I thought it started out good then towards middle it got little worse but then the finale I thought it came back some.

overall a really good show imo. Its on my short list of must watch the day it airs still.

Strikes Out Looking
02-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Season 2 was ridiculous. I'm not sure I'm watching season 3.

Razor Shines
02-25-2014, 04:32 PM
We've been catching up on this. About half way through season 2. Kinda losing interest. BUT it did have one of the funniest lines in television.

The episode in which the woman in prison gives Saul the name of a "high ranking terrorist" living in the US, but it turns out to be a trick and the guy is just a musician who happens to be Muslim.

As the strike team is zip cuffing the man he says: "No, I'm a musician.....like Coldplay..."

That should have gone:

Muslim man: No, I'm just a musician.

CIA Agent: Musician?? I'm not familiar with the term???

Muslim man: Musician...like Coldplay...

CIA Agent: Oh, Musician. I gotcha....he's good.

RedTeamGo!
02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Season 1 was so good. I have never seen a show jump the shark so quickly.