PDA

View Full Version : Mumford & Sons Coming to my Hometown

jimbo
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
They are coming to Troy, Ohio for a two day concert at the end of August as part of the "Gentlemen of the Road" four city event. Just wondering if anyone at Redszone was going to make the trip here?

This is probably going to end up being the biggest event ever to happen for my town. We only have a population of 25,000 people and the city is expecting over 35,000 fans to come in for the weekend, generating an estimated $12.6 million in revenue for the region. It's going to be epic.

If anyone has any questions about the area, just ask. I know all of the local watering holes and restaurants.

paintmered
02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Similarly, if anyone needs recommendations, let me know. I grew up mere minutes from the venue.

Sadly, I couldn't land tickets - they sold out quickly.

Redhook
02-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Wow, that's awesome. I've been waiting for them to come by here. I hope to be there. They're my #1 choice of bands I want to see live.

timmario66
02-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I will be there. Saw them last year in Columbus. They put on a great show. Since it's close enough to Cincy, it's an easy drive up and back each day.

Redhook
02-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Just looked at ticket prices. Holy smokes! For 2 tickets, it's nearly $600. I'll just continue listening to their cd's.

RichRed
02-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I've seen Mumford & Sons twice (at nowhere near $600, I might add) and both shows were phenomenal. Troy, OH is in for a treat.

jimbo
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
I've seen Mumford & Sons twice (at nowhere near $600, I might add) and both shows were phenomenal. Troy, OH is in for a treat.

The face of the tickets are $109, which is a great deal IMO because that includes the Friday night concert, and the all-day Saturday concert. The camping experience will be a lot of fun because they are turning the entire river levee into a campground, which is near the stadium where the concert is.

It sounds like the entire downtown area is going to become a big festival also and there will be additional events going on besides the concert itself.

Troy did a lot of work to make this happen, it's going to be a great weekend.

dougdirt
02-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Maybe I am crazy, but live music almost always disappoints.

Larry Schuler
02-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Wait four years and see them at the county fair for free.

GAC
02-13-2013, 04:18 AM
They are coming to Troy, Ohio for a two day concert at the end of August as part of the "Gentlemen of the Road" four city event. Just wondering if anyone at Redszone was going to make the trip here?

This is probably going to end up being the biggest event ever to happen for my town. We only have a population of 25,000 people and the city is expecting over 35,000 fans to come in for the weekend, generating an estimated $12.6 million in revenue for the region. It's going to be epic.

If anyone has any questions about the area, just ask. I know all of the local watering holes and restaurants.

Bigger then the Strawberry Festival? :mooner:

Razor Shines
02-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Wait four years and see them at the county fair for free.

You think they can get on the County Fair circuit that quick? Who they gonna knock off? Hoobastank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KoryMac5
02-13-2013, 11:09 AM

Depends on who you see, the venue you go to, and the crowd around you.

jimbo
02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Bigger then the Strawberry Festival? :mooner:

x 100 :thumbup:

JB12
02-13-2013, 01:10 PM
I caught the Columbus show last August. I attempted to get tickets for this show, but had to wait for confirmations from buddies...which prolonged the process that ended in disappointment because they sold out in less than 2.5 hours!

35,000 tickets selling that quickly is absurd. I understand this in one of only 3 stops in the US, but goodness. Oh well, I suppose there will be a next time (or not haha).

Enjoy the show (if you have and extra tickets, PM me lol)

dougdirt
02-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Depends on who you see, the venue you go to, and the crowd around you.

The venue and crowd really don't matter for me. I want to hear music. Sure, I guess some venues with TERRIBLE sound systems could be an issue. But really, I just want to listen to the music and listening to live music often disappoints. Maybe I just expect to much.

Reds Freak
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM

With the music I listen to, I usually love the live version much more than I do studio album versions...

westofyou
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM

Live music better. Bumperstickers should be issued.

Neil Young

I've been to at least 500 concerts. Very few have disappointed me

*BaseClogger*
02-14-2013, 10:43 AM
The venue and crowd really don't matter for me. I want to hear music. Sure, I guess some venues with TERRIBLE sound systems could be an issue. But really, I just want to listen to the music and listening to live music often disappoints. Maybe I just expect to much.

In my experience, the venue/crowd factor is at least as important as who takes the stage. But then, I consider a concert to be about more than just the music entering my ears...

coachpipe
02-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Got my tickets awhile ago..Ill definitely be there

5TimeWSChamps
02-15-2013, 01:37 AM
Tried to get tickets, nobody could commit this early, sold out.

Oh well

marcshoe
02-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Hey, I'm just upset that I'm not going to be able to see the Avett Brothers tomorrow night.

dougdirt
02-18-2013, 11:33 AM
In my experience, the venue/crowd factor is at least as important as who takes the stage. But then, I consider a concert to be about more than just the music entering my ears...

Yeah, I get that. I just don't view/hear music that way. Music for me is all audio.