PDA

View Full Version : Two former Reds hurt before ST

Beatlessp
02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
May not end up being major injuries, but both Ryan Madson and Didi Gregorious are dealing with elbow issues according to NBCSports.com. Report says didi was bound for the minors anyway but will likely miss the beginning of the season, and Madson is still due to have an MRI done. probably just working too hard after his tommy john, but was surprised to see that Didi was having issues too

joshua
02-13-2013, 02:19 AM
Towers (DBacks GM) made a statement saying they didn't give Didi a physical after the trade.

This dude is the worst executive in sports.

LexRedsFan
02-13-2013, 02:22 AM
Towers (DBacks GM) made a statement saying they didn't give Didi a physical after the trade.

How in the world do you not give a guy a physical?

That's mind-blowingly crazy to me.

joshua
02-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Well he is the same guy who thinks a soft hitting SS who isn't on any top 100 prospect list is the next Derek Jeter and gave up a promising SP prospect and top pick for him.

Drugs Delaney
02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Well he is the same guy who thinks a soft hitting SS who isn't on any top 100 prospect list is the next Derek Jeter and gave up a promising SP prospect and top pick for him.

That seemed like a horrible trade for them. I thought it was great for us, especially with the money coming our way from Cleveland. And I thought it was great for Cleveland to get a top pitching prospect for a 1 year rental in Choo.

For Arizona? Unless they just had zero faith at all in Bauer, I don't get it.

mroby85
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM
I hope Ryan Madson never pitches another inning.

Vander
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM

I'll say this: if the D-backs don't get to the playoffs this year, he's going to get fired and will not be getting many job offers in the near future...

jt4prez
02-13-2013, 07:55 PM

Why? There is zero reason why any Reds fan should harbor ill will toward him. It's not as if he purposefully tried to injure himself during spring training last year. That injury cost him millions.

Also, just to add on to what everybody already knows; Kevin Towers is an idiot.

BlackPete Ibold
02-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Fwiw, whenever I hear about Didi I will hope he is doing well. Followed him thru online stats last yr anyway and saw a few interviews and liked the kid. Not his fault he got traded, and especially if he has a more serious elbow injury, the Reds got value for him.

As for Madson I wish him well but will never have cause to really root for or against him based on his Reds tenure -- since there never was one. At a minimum Madson's injury allowed for Aroldis to have a historic year, and can't say I hold anything against him.

LukeSho
02-14-2013, 01:23 AM

The man did nothing to wrong us. It was (and still is) a terribly unfortunate situation. I wish him all the best.

fordman
02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Madson did well for getting major league pay in the minor league. Im surprised any team picked him up with/without physical and didnt wait until 2013 spring training to check him out then sign him.

Fordman

REDREAD
02-18-2013, 02:21 PM

Walt is known in the industry as a stand up guy, not a con man.
I doubt Didi was hurt at the time of the trade, and if he was, I doubt Walt knew it.

I hope the Diamondbacks don't file a grievance against us (like we did after the Maj trade). :laugh:

90reds
02-19-2013, 12:07 AM
I for one miss the Ryan Madson era. Everyone post their favorite memories of Madson as a Red.

Wonderful Monds
02-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Well, that's completely ridiculous.

Beatlessp
02-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I for one miss the Ryan Madson era. Everyone post their favorite memories of Madson as a Red.

Remember that time that Madson showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

fireman937
02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
These post about Madson are ridiculous. Hard to believe anyone would hold a grudge. To each their own I guess.

Beatlessp
02-19-2013, 09:49 PM
These post about Madson are ridiculous. Hard to believe anyone would hold a grudge. To each their own I guess.

Hey, mine was meant in jest and as a smart-alecy reply to a smartalec post.........i had hoped everybody would catch it....in fact i almost thought i'd have to name the friggin' movie...lol

90reds
02-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Yeah definitely didn't mean to offend or insult Madson. It was a more a joke that I have no strong feelings, since his time as a Red was so short

HatchMo
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Walt is known in the industry as a stand up guy, not a con man.
I doubt Didi was hurt at the time of the trade, and if he was, I doubt Walt knew it.

I hope the Diamondbacks don't file a grievance against us (like we did after the Maj trade). :laugh:

The Dbacks didn't get didi from us, they got him from Cleveland. :laugh:

BlackPete Ibold
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
The Dbacks didn't get didi from us, they got him from Cleveland. :laugh:

Hard to believe a GM would be so ignorant as to not require a physical before a trade, but to also admit so in public -- yikes!

The Snakes would almost be better with old Leatherpants

holster10
02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
This doesn't sound like a significant injury. If Didi was expected to be the starting Arizona SS out of camp, maybe it would be more of an issue.