PDA

View Full Version : Not Reds, but funny Baseball story

Beatlessp
03-14-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm sure you guys have seen this story, but the other day Justin Verlander was pitching to the Mets and hit Jordany Valdespin....let's say in the "mommy-daddy button" (bonus points for knowing the movie that came from).......here's verlander's quote about it that absolutely cracked me up:

Justin Verlander: "Right out of the hand, it's like, 'Oh, (expletive). That is right at his balls."

even funnier part:
Valdespin's quote when asked where it hit him "In my D***".....but later said everything was working OK.....lol.

killer part is, Mets officials ripped into Valdespin b/c he wasn't wearing a cup.
Having caught for most of my little league 'career'....I'll admit to not wearing a cup in practice....until i took a foul ball in the same area...I feel his pain.....

Vander
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
killer part is, Mets officials ripped into Valdespin

I thought Verlander's pitch did that...

64red
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Austin Powers. Actually I would rather have bonus posts though.

fireman937
03-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Ouch. Bet he wears that cup from now on.

bounty37h
03-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I was a catcher growing up; a high school game we had a fireballer on the mound (ended up 2'nd team AA freshman year in college), he threw one low that skipped right behind plate and up in my cup. You could hear the pop throughout the stadium and the crowd get quiet as I fell over. When I finally got up and made it the dugout, it had cracked my cup.

bigredmechanism
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Y9AKibhl.jpg

Having caught for most of my little league 'career'....I'll admit to not wearing a cup in practice....until i took a foul ball in the same area...I feel his pain.....

I think everyone thinks they won't have to use a cup... until the moment comes when they need one.