PDA

View Full Version : Replica 2013 Topps feat Corky Miller

fordman
04-30-2013, 10:08 AM
One more for Corky Miller, replica 2013 Topps. Maybe Topps will include him Series 2 or Update set for 2013? If so, this would be a cool one.

http://www.fordmanf150.com/bbcards/2013CM.jpg

(I know, same pic as in the 1956 Topps replica, but its a great photo)

Enjoy!

Fordman

bounty37h
04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
as a card collector still, I have enjoyed seeing your reproductions and like them better than some of the actual cards made!

fordman
04-30-2013, 02:47 PM
as a card collector still, I have enjoyed seeing your reproductions and like them better than some of the actual cards made!

Thank You kindly!

Fordman

New York Red
04-30-2013, 05:23 PM
I'll still pick up a pack or two occasionally, but I'm definitely not the collector I was many years ago. The card companies ruined it by making it nearly impossible for kids to collect. I still have all of my cards, and will keep them forever, but I don't think it'll ever return to the "hobby" it once was. It's all about the almighty dollar now, unfortunately.

I do agree that Fordman's creations are better than many of the actual cards put out these days. Thanks again, Fordman. You do excellent work.

bounty37h
05-01-2013, 10:27 AM
I quit collecting after high school-early 90's when I went to college. I started back a few years after I graduated and there was a card store near me, but the hobby certainly had changed at that point. I had several years where I was out of control, buying 3-4 boxes of everything that came out, but have scaled back to only collecting a few kinds now-Bowman mostly-since I am married and have a kid. I have instead focused my collecting more on autographs now. I think the hobby has changed, and not for the better IMO, there are still a lot of collectors but worry there arent as many kids that will carry it on for future generations like there were years ago.