PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelch no respect for Jinx

deluxreverb
05-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Sometimes I cringe when Kelch is broadcasting. Because he does not believe you can jinx a baseball game he constantly disregards everyone who upholds that baseball tradition. Every Time there is a streak of some kind by a hitter, pitcher or team, he will point it out before the at bat or pitch. If he would wait until the player finished it would make a world of difference. It seems like some producer talks into his headphones and he can't wait to repeat it. He has no regard how annoying it is for someone who beleive you wait until the at bat is over. That is when he should tell if a streak continued or ended. I can't be the only one who is totally frustrated with Jim Kelch. In other areas he is a fine broadcaster but if he will not change he needs to go.

westofyou
05-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Jinxes are silly and have no baring on reality, the sooner we stop referencing them as facts the smarter everyone in the room will be

mikdavrut
05-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Sometimes I cringe when Kelch is broadcasting. Because he does not believe you can jinx a baseball game he constantly disregards everyone who upholds that baseball tradition. Every Time there is a streak of some kind by a hitter, pitcher or team, he will point it out before the at bat or pitch. If he would wait until the player finished it would make a world of difference. It seems like some producer talks into his headphones and he can't wait to repeat it. He has no regard how annoying it is for someone who beleive you wait until the at bat is over. That is when he should tell if a streak continued or ended. I can't be the only one who is totally frustrated with Jim Kelch. In other areas he is a fine broadcaster but if he will not change he needs to go.

:laugh:

05-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Jinxes are silly and have no baring on reality, the sooner we stop referencing them as facts the smarter everyone in the room will be

I don't believe in jinxes. It's unlucky to do so.

gilpdawg
05-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Because he does not believe you can jinx a baseball game

Um, because you can't?

CySeymour
05-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Strong first post.

Goose1701
05-28-2013, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I've watched several no hitters and several perfect games where the broadcasters mentioned them and it didn't stop them from happening.

Hell, during Felix Hernandez's perfect game, Dave Sims went out of way to talk about it all game long, just to prove the point that it doesn't matter. And guess what, he still threw it.

MillerTime58
05-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Jim Kelch is not going to be fired for not believing in superstitions.

LexRedsFan
05-28-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't like Kelch, but I really don't think this is a reason why.

RedFanAlways1966
05-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Especially disturbing when Jim Kelch does it on Friday the 13th. And why the heck does he have a black cat in the booth and keep breaking mirrors when the REDS start a rally?

Kcbuckeye22
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Possibly. Maybe. Kelch changes the aura of the venue when he puts on a jinx. By broadcasting this negative energy it channels into the player and causes them to choke. Maybe?

I've tricked my wife into believing this, because she doesn't know I can rewind my MLB.TV.

Boston Red
06-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I bet this jerk casually talks about the number 7 around craps tables, too!

KYRedLeg
06-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Plenty of reasons to dislike Kelch's call, but I'm not seeing this as one of them.

Rock of Truth
06-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Dude isn't sporting the correct Rally Cap either. Could cost us in the stretch run.

coachpipe
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Homer Bailey has a no hit bid going right now...