PDA

View Full Version : "Weak" NL Central

IABucFan
06-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I just thought I'd point out that the "weak" NL Central currently boasts the three highest winning percentages in all of MLB.

Don Cameron
06-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Thank you for sharing this insightful post. It is something that I jad not thought about. GO REDS.

Don Cameron
No more condenscending attitude. Bad. bad. Bad

MikeThierry
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM
I have always thought the NL Central gets a bad reputation because it had 6 teams. People called it a weak division when there have generally been 2-3 competitive teams in it on a yearly basis like what other divisions have. I'm glad the NL Central is getting some respect this season.

IABucFan
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
I think it is going to be a terrific race all year long. The Cards have a terrific team and I think the Reds do as well. The Reds rotation is top notch.

As for the Pirates, our pitching is in shambles right now. Hopefully, Rodriguez and Burnett will get back sooner rather than later. If that happens, I think Pitt can stay in it. I'm becoming more and more of a believer. We really need a shortstop though.

MikeThierry
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
I think it is going to be a terrific race all year long. The Cards have a terrific team and I think the Reds do as well. The Reds rotation is top notch.

As for the Pirates, our pitching is in shambles right now. Hopefully, Rodriguez and Burnett will get back sooner rather than later. If that happens, I think Pitt can stay in it. I'm becoming more and more of a believer. We really need a shortstop though.

I think all three teams at the top could use a short stop. It seems to be the glaring weakness of the Cards, Reds, and Pirates.

IABucFan
06-16-2013, 08:17 AM
I think all three teams at the top could use a short stop. It seems to be the glaring weakness of the Cards, Reds, and Pirates.

Agreed. Really though, there aren't many elite shortstops in MLB right now, guys who are good both offensively and defensively. I'd say there's only a handful of those guys across the league.

KC2135
06-17-2013, 01:01 AM
It's weird to say, but this Pirates series is gonna be fun to watch.

Vottomatic
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
If Cozart wasn't hitting second and more lik 7th or 8th, I'd be fine with him. Frankly, I think he's one of the better defensive SS's I've seen in awhile.

SpiritofStLouis
06-17-2013, 02:51 PM
If Cozart wasn't hitting second and more lik 7th or 8th, I'd be fine with him. Frankly, I think he's one of the better defensive SS's I've seen in awhile.

I agree. It's a shame the Reds lost Luddy, because I think Phillips would be an awesome # 2 hitter, then Cozart could bat 7 or 8.

fewfirstchoice
06-17-2013, 05:13 PM
They need Rios in the 4 hole