PDA

View Full Version : Lutz

LexRedsFan
06-23-2013, 01:33 AM
With the recent emergence of playing time for Robinson and Paul getting almost all of the other starts, it's about time to send Lutz down. I assume that happens whenever Heisey comes back? (Sigh.)

Jacque Jones
06-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Yeah that would be my guess. He has options and though I like his potential, he didn't exactly "wow" anyone during his limited time here. He definitely has some things to work on if he wants to stick in the future (do people not walk in Germany?) Still, it's nice to know he's in the system

REDSD
06-23-2013, 08:09 AM
I agree. I can see potential with him, and the increased number of ABs he will get at AAA should help him to improve.

Thisyear
06-23-2013, 12:18 PM
With the recent emergence of playing time for Robinson and Paul getting almost all of the other starts, it's about time to send Lutz down. I assume that happens whenever Heisey comes back? (Sigh.)

It was time two weeks ago, but they have no one else until Heisey is ready. It is a shame to stunt his development, he needs to play everyday not a few ab's a month.

foxfire123
06-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I agree. I can see potential with him, and the increased number of ABs he will get at AAA should help him to improve.

Agreed. Talent is there, he just needs seasoning in the minors. He'll be a good solid player with a bit more time IMO. The kid seems to have a good attitude and work ethic.

gfas
06-23-2013, 04:31 PM

I won't mind getting Heisey back as long as XP and Robinson still get the starts in LF. Will be nice to have a right handed hitter off the bench other than Hannahan.

PepperJack
06-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Lutz should go back down to AA, instead of AAA, he has not had great success at that level yet. They will likely send him to Louisville, but it should be Florida.

Vottomatic
06-23-2013, 09:05 PM
I won't mind getting Heisey back as long as XP and Robinson still get the starts in LF. Will be nice to have a right handed hitter off the bench other than Hannahan.

Hannahan is a lefty.

gfas
06-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Hannahan is a lefty.

right you are.

the rare lefty batting, righty throwing

regardless, i'm tired of seeing hannahan come off the bench to hit, and like I said we need a righty available to do that

Dwarftree
06-24-2013, 12:18 PM
(do people not walk in Germany?)

Hehe. But heck yeah. We walk over here. But i was thinking more or less the same thing. "Junge, mehr Geduld am Schlag. Schwing nicht nach jedem Mist!" translated being "Kid learn to have patience and donīt swing at any crap you are seeing!"

I really love the fact that the first "real" German ever to make it to The Show is playing for our beloved organisation. But he had to be called up waaaay to early. Send him down again asap so he really gets the chance to play every day. Cause thatīs what he really needs.

miamiredskin
06-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Not so sure spending a little time in the Bigs stunts guys growth. Maybe it serves to show guys how far they need to go to make it. And gives them a taste of the sweet life, so when they go back down they are that much more determined to get back.

I'm guessing several years in the minors can seem like a forced-march at times.

KYBatsFan
07-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see Lutz in Louisville.

Beer&Bourbon
07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I will contribute nothing by adding that I also like his potential and hope he can improve with some more time in the minors. I'd like to see some consistency in LF. I don't know what the stats are showing, but defensively I think Choo has been looking much better (in the recent games I've seen). Against the Giants the other night he had to long balls hit over his head to the warning track that he chased down with no problem. I wish his May hitting would come back though.

PepperJack
07-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd like to see Lutz in Louisville.

You should see him there most if not all of next season. ( Barring injury or trade)

LexRedsFan
07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Against the Giants the other night he had to long balls hit over his head to the warning track that he chased down with no problem. I wish his May hitting would come back though.

I agree completely about his D. He seems to be learning the angles nicely and picking up the ball much better off the bat.

He had the walk-off tonight. Very nice. I'm digging this playing the Giants thing.