Quiroz
Cain

kaldaniels
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Amuuuricaaa!!!!

Happy 4th Everyone!

Kiko
07-04-2013, 12:19 PM
The radar looks really bad...wonder if this game will be played today.

VR
07-04-2013, 12:56 PM
No Posey.

Like.

WVRedsFan
07-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Radar seems to show the rain moving north. Looks like a window there to get the game in sometime--in a couple of hours.

The rain is playing havoc here with the Greenbrier Classic and no end of rain until next Wednesday. Glad I'm not a sunglasses salesman. If that were the case, I'd be bankrupt by now.

Ironman92
07-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Truly...truly unbelievable.

As I pay to park they announce they are treating this as a night game.

5+ hours to kill

KittyDuran
07-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Truly...truly unbelievable.

As I pay to park they announce they are treating this as a night game.

5+ hours to kill

I got you beat...was already in my soggy seat (since moved) when I listened to Marty mention that... :(

Tom Servo
07-04-2013, 01:38 PM
On the plus side, The Twilight Zone marathon is on.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Banana Phone, yo.

If anyone wonders why our country isn't quite what it used to be, just listen to some of these callers. It's always good (sad?) theater.

Raisor
07-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Banana Phone, yo.

If anyone wonders why our country isn't quite what it used to be, just listen to some of these callers. It's always good (sad?) theater.

Anyone want to do some bananna phone play by play?

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 01:50 PM

Probably not up for PBP, but the best-of-the-best (worst-of-the-worst?) so far was a guy calling in asking why they call seats over the LF wall the "Crawford Boxes."

He had to be explained that only in Houston are the seats in LF called that. He thought it was all MLB parks! Haha.

07-04-2013, 01:55 PM

#Royals have signed 1B Ben Broussard and assigned him to Class AAA Omaha. Was playing independent ball for Long Island Ducks.

Discuss ;)

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
First S-faced drunk on right now. He can barely talk. Haha.

New York Red
07-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Ugh, it hasn't stopped raining since midnight, fireworks have been cancelled here (and in all surrounding counties), and the Reds game is on hold. Happy 4th, everyone. Sigh.

Here's hoping that watching the Hot Dog eating contest wasn't the highlight of my day.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 01:57 PM
The caller before the drunk endorsed the idea of MLB teams lining up and shaking hands like Little League teams do after games.

This is great.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Ugh, it hasn't stopped raining since midnight, fireworks have been cancelled here (and in all surrounding counties), and the Reds game is on hold. Happy 4th, everyone. Sigh.

Here's hoping that watching the Hot Dog eating contest wasn't the highlight of my day.

You're still an American. Look at the big picture. You could be from (fill in any other country).

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Columbus being represented. Not a bad question. Has a manager coming out to argue ever resulted in the overturning of a call?

Does the Pine Tar Incident count, even though the "reverse" was later "reversed"?

Marty is saying he can "never" recall it happening.

texasdave
07-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Didn't Bochy just come out and argue the home run call and they reversed it into a double? Maybe they are excluding instant replay. A famous reversal from back in the day happened when Donn Clendenon was hit by a pitch but not given his base. Somehow shoe polish was involved.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh jeez. Now the SEG-man is stuttering his way through the Banana Phone.

In case anyone doesn't know, "SEG" stands for "(Bleep) Eating Grin."

Dennison was given the nickname by Bill Cunningham because he always has a "SEG" on his face.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Didn't Bochy just come out and argue the home run call and they reversed it into a double? Maybe they are excluding instant replay.

Yeah, that must not count. I think they are strictly talking about a manager coming out and convincing a umpire that the ump was wrong and the ump reversing the call without the benefit of replay.

powersackers
07-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Our 18U tournament over here at Champion Window field in Florence, KY is playing through this rain on the turf. My boy was the SP went 123 in the first then after a half hour delay he started inning 2 in the rain with error-hb-bb-bb. Ugh. They yanked him.

oneupper
07-04-2013, 02:23 PM
The Shoe Polish incident, IIRC was in the 1969 WS and involved Cleon Jones. Jones was hit in the foot with a pitch and the ball bounced into the Dugout.
Gil Hodges took the ball to the ump, showed him the shoe polish and Jones was awarded first base. The next hitter: Clendenon, hit a home run.

klw
07-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Looking at thr radar, I think they will get this in without my issues- in September. I see no way they play today but that's just me I could be wrong.

New York Red
07-04-2013, 03:07 PM
You're still an American. Look at the big picture. You could be from (fill in any other country).
Oh, I'm happy for all those reasons and more, but my planned day is pretty much shot. :)

Mutaman
07-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Didn't Bochy just come out and argue the home run call and they reversed it into a double? Maybe they are excluding instant replay. A famous reversal from back in the day happened when Donn Clendenon was hit by a pitch but not given his base. Somehow shoe polish was involved.

Don't forget the great Nippy Jones:
"Jones is remembered for being involved in a controversial "Shoeshine incident" in the 1957 Series, that would be repeated twelve years later by Cleon Jones in the 1969 World Series.[3] Jones pinch hit in games one and three of the 1957 World Series, grounding out both times. Both of which games were also won by the Yankees. Game four went into extra innings, and when the Yankees took a 5–4 lead in the tenth, the Braves were looking at the possibility of falling three games to one in the series.[4]
Jones led off the Milwaukee half of the tenth inning, pinch hitting for Warren Spahn. He jumped back from a low pitch that home plate umpire Augie Donatelli called a ball. Jones protested that it had hit his foot, and he was awarded first base after showing Donatelli a shoe polish mark on the ball to prove it. Yankees manager Casey Stengel vehemently protested the call, but to no avail.[3] The Braves scored three runs in the tenth, including a two-run home run by Eddie Mathews to end the game and even the series at two games apiece.[5] The play was the turning point in the series, as the Braves went on to win the series in seven games.[3]"
Wikipedia

Mutaman
07-04-2013, 03:19 PM
I demand an investigation. Over the years the Twins have regularly tanked to the Yankees but this is rediculous. Yankees had lost 5 in a row and were falling fast. So what happens- Twins are in the process of dumping the the entire 4 game series- in their own ball park! Something fishy going on here. Good job Twinkies.

Red Raindog
07-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh, I'm happy for all those reasons and more, but my planned day is pretty much shot. :)

I'm working - want to trade?

:p

Tornon
07-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Looks like the game has been postponed

ProfessorTofty
07-04-2013, 03:36 PM
They just called it. This game is rained out.

FSN will now replay the Bailey no-hitter.

No make-up date announced.

Tom Servo
07-04-2013, 03:45 PM
damn :(

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Our 18U tournament over here at Champion Window field in Florence, KY is playing through this rain on the turf. My boy was the SP went 123 in the first then after a half hour delay he started inning 2 in the rain with error-hb-bb-bb. Ugh. They yanked him.

The manager needs fired.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Fudge.

redsfaninbsg
07-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Hopefully the Reds win the division by two games and this one doesn't have to be made up.

Tom Servo
07-04-2013, 03:58 PM
On the plus side, Pittsburgh is down 3 in the 8th so we may gain ground even without playing.

Blitz Dorsey
07-04-2013, 04:08 PM
On the plus side, Pittsburgh is down 3 in the 8th so we may gain ground even without playing.

We no longer suck!

Ironman92
07-04-2013, 04:09 PM
I got you beat...was already in my soggy seat (since moved) when I listened to Marty mention that... :(

If I hear this literally 10 seconds earlier I don't pay to park.

NebraskaRed
07-04-2013, 04:11 PM
And this one belongs to......Tlaloc, the Aztec God of rain.

Tom Servo
07-04-2013, 04:14 PM
On the downside, the Phillies have the worst bullpen in the NL. :thumbdown:

gilpdawg
07-04-2013, 04:17 PM
If I hear this literally 10 seconds earlier I don't pay to park.

I hung out for a little while, then headed back home with the understanding I may go back later if possible, which now it isn't. I may be insane. I live 90 minutes away and I was seriously going to head back if they announced a target time.

Red Raindog
07-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Hopefully the Reds win the division by twelve games and this one doesn't have to be made up.

fixed it for you

New York Red
07-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm working - want to trade?

:p
Haha, no thanks. :beerme:

foxfire123
07-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Ugh. wish it would start pouring around here... I'm already sick to death of all the amateur pyromaniacs in my neighborhood.

Seriously, I hate fireworks. I hate living in a state where you can buy them from a tent on every freakin' corner--including the one right across the street.... Like my local idiots need easier access to stupid stuff.

end rant

New York Red
07-04-2013, 04:33 PM
FSN will now replay the Bailey no-hitter..
What time? I've got the last four innings DVR'd, but would like to get the entire game.

redssince75
07-04-2013, 04:44 PM
The caller before the drunk endorsed the idea of MLB teams lining up and shaking hands like Little League teams do after games.

Well since NHL teams do exactly that, I'm not sure what's wrong with this suggestion.

OesterPoster
07-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Well since NHL teams do exactly that, I'm not sure what's wrong with this suggestion.

Hockey only does it after a playoff clinching win.

redssince75
07-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Hockey only does it after a playoff clinching win.

I don't watch much TV hockey, but whenever I go to a regular season Blues game in person, they do it after the game.

cumberlandreds
07-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't watch much TV hockey, but whenever I go to a regular season Blues game in person, they do it after the game.

College basketball does it too. I'm not sure when they started doing it but they didn't always do that.

ProfessorTofty
07-04-2013, 08:42 PM
What time? I've got the last four innings DVR'd, but would like to get the entire game.
Sorry, actually, they started it immediately. And it was their usual rebroadcast, compressed within two hours.

New York Red
07-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Sorry, actually, they started it immediately. And it was their usual rebroadcast, compressed within two hours.
No problem, and thanks anyway. My cable system (TWC) for whatever reason doesn't list the Reds games on my guide, even though my FSO station airs every available Reds game and has for years. So in order to DVR a Reds game I have to set the DVR to record every show in that three-hour time period. Does anyone else have this issue? Oh well, I got the last four innings DVR'd live, so that'll have to do. Better than nothing.

Red Raindog
07-05-2013, 07:30 AM
No problem, and thanks anyway. My cable system (TWC) for whatever reason doesn't list the Reds games on my guide, even though my FSO station airs every available Reds game and has for years. So in order to DVR a Reds game I have to set the DVR to record every show in that three-hour time period. Does anyone else have this issue? Oh well, I got the last four innings DVR'd live, so that'll have to do. Better than nothing.

MLB TV --- if the money is not an issue - is the answer for me - archived games can be viewed condensed / highlights / or as basic

reds1869
07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
MLB TV --- if the money is not an issue - is the answer for me - archived games can be viewed condensed / highlights / or as basic

MLB.tv is worth every penny. Even though I'm a season ticket holder and live in Cincinnati, I get my money's worth by watching the west coast games when I get home. If I lived out of market it would be even more of a must purchase.

REDREAD
07-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Columbus being represented. Not a bad question. Has a manager coming out to argue ever resulted in the overturning of a call?

Does the Pine Tar Incident count, even though the "reverse" was later "reversed"?

Marty is saying he can "never" recall it happening.

I remember when I was a kid in the 80's and the Reds were playing a West Coast team (Almost positive the Dodgers).
There was a call when the Reds runner was called safe. The opposing manager came out and argued and the umps ended up calling the Reds player out. I remember being furious because I just assumed the calls were never reverse.
Wish I could remember specifics, but I can't. I assume a different ump had a better view?

Red Raindog
07-05-2013, 10:34 AM
MLB.tv is worth every penny. Even though I'm a season ticket holder and live in Cincinnati, I get my money's worth by watching the west coast games when I get home. If I lived out of market it would be even more of a must purchase.

I am in the Cincy market up here -- but I can catch games I forgot to dvr & watch the other games - like when the Whiny Birds are losing

:)

texasdave
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Because of the rainout the Reds miss Cain and Bumgarner. Against Seattle it looks like they are gonna miss King Felix and Iwakuma. Nice.