PDA

View Full Version : Biogenisis Scandal: Getting closer to Suspensions?

SporkLover
07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Just read some news: Ryan Braun to be suspended (http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130709&content_id=53219600&c_id=mil)

Bottom line, looks like A-Rod, Braun, and others set to be dealt suspensions after the All Star Break. Whether or not those stick.... that's to be seen.

Not sure an A-Rod or Braun suspensions could really hurt their teams this season, although Braun still serving a suspension into early 2014 certainly could hurt them next year. Nelson Cruz was another name floating around..... that could hurt Texas.

I guess we'll know soon enough where Selig goes with this case.

Falcon7
07-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Just read some news: Ryan Braun to be suspended (http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130709&content_id=53219600&c_id=mil)

Bottom line, looks like A-Rod, Braun, and others set to be dealt suspensions after the All Star Break. Whether or not those stick.... that's to be seen.

Not sure an A-Rod or Braun suspensions could really hurt their teams this season, although Braun still serving a suspension into early 2014 certainly could hurt them next year. Nelson Cruz was another name floating around..... that could hurt Texas.

I guess we'll know soon enough where Selig goes with this case.

Braun is currently suspended??

Joseph
07-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Braun is currently suspended??

They are saying that if Braun is suspended for 100 games it will linger into next season and that will hurt the Brewers.

OneManBand
07-14-2013, 11:45 PM
This from ESPN Outside The Lines page:

The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Melky Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos, Jordan Norberto and a number of other players who either are identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines."

Braun is essentially the only one who has ever been found to have failed a drug test for doping and got away with it do to allegedly his test results being tampered with. So that's essentially why his suspension is being rumored to be 100 games.. They are saying A-Rod could get 150 games and that just might kill his career.

Most likely these names will go ahead and appeal which will drag out the process into next season.. But a name like Yasmani Grandal makes for an interesting case because he is shelved for the season I believe after the plate collision.. Might be interesting how someone who is injured can serve the suspension.

Old NDN
07-15-2013, 08:46 AM
This from ESPN Outside The Lines page:

The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Melky Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos, Jordan Norberto and a number of other players who either are identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines."

Braun is essentially the only one who has ever been found to have failed a drug test for doping and got away with it do to allegedly his test results being tampered with. So that's essentially why his suspension is being rumored to be 100 games.. They are saying A-Rod could get 150 games and that just might kill his career.

Most likely these names will go ahead and appeal which will drag out the process into next season.. But a name like Yasmani Grandal makes for an interesting case because he is shelved for the season I believe after the plate collision.. Might be interesting how someone who is injured can serve the suspension.

I think Edison Volquez did while with the Reds.

OneManBand
07-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I think Edison Volquez did while with the Reds.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/04/20/heyman.volquez/index.html

You're correct!