PDA

View Full Version : My Plead To Ownership To Sign...

OneManBand
07-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Dear Mr Castellini & Mr Jockety..

I am asking that you take a flyer on a guy you may over pay for normally. Instead of dealing the Donnie Joesphs' of the organization.. Why not sign Brian Wilson. Inform him that he has the opportunity to bring his winning style of baseball to the new home of winning baseball. Allow the "Beard" to not only provide extra stability in an already solid pen but provide the edgy-ness we have been lacking since Jonny Gomes. If reports are true and names like Jesse Crain are on your radar.. Then why deal prospects when you can sign a solid arm for the stretch run. Save the prospects for some insurance in the offensive department. Yes; Ludwick is on the path back.. But what if Ludwick can't regain his 2012 form? Ask Theo how much money he's willing to eat on Soriano's contract and start negotiating.. Brian Wilson is an All Star who could not only provide electricity on the field but provide a marketing scheme.. I can see the Reds Team Shop now selling Beards, "Fear The Beard" shirts, Bobble-Bearded Brian Wilson figures, etc.. I'm asking as a fan.. Take a trip to where ever Wilson is throwing for teams and watch him.. If he's still got it.. Make sure he comes back to Cincinnati with you. Thanks!

armybrat45103
07-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Dear Mr Castellini & Mr Jockety..

I am asking that you take a flyer on a guy you may over pay for normally. Instead of dealing the Donnie Joesphs' of the organization.. Why not sign Brian Wilson. Inform him that he has the opportunity to bring his winning style of baseball to the new home of winning baseball. Allow the "Beard" to not only provide extra stability in an already solid pen but provide the edgy-ness we have been lacking since Jonny Gomes. If reports are true and names like Jesse Crain are on your radar.. Then why deal prospects when you can sign a solid arm for the stretch run. Save the prospects for some insurance in the offensive department. Yes; Ludwick is on the path back.. But what if Ludwick can't regain his 2012 form? Ask Theo how much money he's willing to eat on Soriano's contract and start negotiating.. Brian Wilson is an All Star who could not only provide electricity on the field but provide a marketing scheme.. I can see the Reds Team Shop now selling Beards, "Fear The Beard" shirts, Bobble-Bearded Brian Wilson figures, etc.. I'm asking as a fan.. Take a trip to where ever Wilson is throwing for teams and watch him.. If he's still got it.. Make sure he comes back to Cincinnati with you. Thanks!

Putting a guy who has had 2, count them, 2 Tommy John Surgeries into a hitters ball park is a bit like having a death wish isn't it?

OneManBand
07-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Putting a guy who has had 2, count them, 2 Tommy John Surgeries into a hitters ball park is a bit like having a death wish isn't it?

Eh.. Perhaps.. Better then my wife's choice of Danny Graves

OneManBand
07-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe not.. Just read a report he won't be ready to showcase his beardness for another 6 weeks

SporkLover
07-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Brian Wont even pitch in front of anyone at this point. Not sure he's worth the discussion.

GotHeeeeem
07-23-2013, 10:36 PM
I love Brian Wilson's beard BUT there is a reason NO team has signed him.

Last I heard he was hitting 85mph on the radar gun and was telling potential interested teams he was only interested in closing.

Hes a fastball pitcher without a fastball anymore. Sounds like hes done.

RedEye
07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Brian Wilson may never be healthy again.

Alfonso Soriano is like Cozart at the dish without the the good D to help the team.

Pass. Pass.

reds44
07-24-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm trading this thread to Astroszone for a poster to be named later.

Boston Red
07-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Brian Wilson is now Matt Anderson. Just not as crazy.

westofyou
07-24-2013, 05:33 PM
He is a great song writer... kind a addled though, drugs ya know.

Oh... not that Brian Wislon