PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Corcino

PepperJack
08-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Daniel Corcino came out of the bullpen for Louisville tonight. (08/26/2013)

Is that because they are switching him full time? Are they just trying to get hin use to that roll, and will use him that way in September? I know he has struggled this season, but has played better recently.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Kc61
08-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Minor league season ends in a few days. Probably just making sure Corcino doesn't throw too many innings.

PepperJack
08-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Minor league season ends in a few days. Probably just making sure Corcino doesn't throw too many innings.

I had considered that it could be an inning limit. But then I dismissed that idea because I didn't remember them shutting him down last season.

Then when I looked him his innings I seen that he threw 139 in 2011, 143 in 2012, and is at 126 now. So unless he's tired, or making a transition to BP he should be able to add another 20 innings or so.

Thanks for the feedback.

RadfordVA
08-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Makes sense. He is already on 40 man so he should certainly be called up and the only way he would see any action for Reds is in Bullpen. After this season, who knows.

mth123
08-27-2013, 06:25 AM
Makes sense. He is already on 40 man so he should certainly be called up and the only way he would see any action for Reds is in Bullpen. After this season, who knows.

Maybe they are going to stick him in Cueto's uniform and try to convince us that Cueto is healthy while they pass on guys who could help. They told us Cueto was going to work out of the pen.;)

Could be getting him ready for a call-up. That would be my guess.