PDA

View Full Version : Gotta say, I'm pumped to watch this weekend

jlcomo
09-20-2013, 02:58 PM
As a Cardinals fan I'm looking forward to your series this weekend in Pittsburgh. The Cardinals are obviously the clear cut favorite to win the Central, but this weekend is going to be a taste of playoff baseball. Late September and October baseball is the best time of the year.

I'll make a prediction.

Cardinals take 2 of 3 from Milwaukee while the Reds take 2 of 3 from Pittsburgh and we enter Monday with the Cardinals up 2 games on both the Reds and Pirates.

Game 1 - Reds 4 Pirates 3
Game 2 - Reds 6 Pirates 2
Game 3 - Pirates 8 Reds 5

redsfan30
09-20-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure you can say St. Louis is a "clear cut" favorite to win the division. Favorite? Probably. However having two teams within two games in the standings with nine to play, they had better not start getting comfortable.

redsfan30
09-20-2013, 04:59 PM
That being said...yes...this figures to be a very exciting/emotional/tense weekend of baseball ahead.

And next weekend may wind up being even moreso.

TitosLoveChild
09-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure you can say St. Louis is a "clear cut" favorite to win the division. Favorite? Probably. However having two teams within two games in the standings with nine to play, they had better not start getting comfortable.

6 of the 9 games left for the Pirates and Reds are against each other. Thats a very comfortable position for the Cardinals to be in. And during those 6 games, Cardinals will be playing the Brewers and the Cubs.

Reds might have to sweep the Pirates (6-0) to have a shot at the division title.

jlcomo
09-20-2013, 05:34 PM

According to Baseball Prospectus Playoff Odds they're clear cut. 65+ percent favorites with Pitt and Cincy sharing the remaining 1/3 of the chances.

The Cardinals would have to play some terrible baseball against bad competition to not win it at this point.

Joseph
09-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Probably true, just an arrogant way to start the discussion. It's sort of a backhanded compliment.

jlcomo
09-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Probably true, just an arrogant way to start the discussion. It's sort of a backhanded compliment.
I didn't mean it that way. My bad. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Lewdog
09-21-2013, 12:34 AM
By looking at the Cardinals remaining schedule: Brewers, Nationals, and Cubs with the Nationals and Cubs being in St. Louis, I would say the Cardinals SHOULD be the clear cut favorites to win the division. In fact if they don't, I would say it is a collapse on their part.