PDA

View Full Version : Dan Alphabet Soup has BP as a player to avoid

Red Raindog
11-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Here's a link to Dan's analysis for players to avoid --- too bad BP seems to have damaged his welcome here -- I can't see a team giving up really good players to get him though

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove13/story/_/id/9966754/brandon-phillips-five-players-avoid-acquiring-offseason-mlb

oops -- missed it is a pay side article

basically says at his age & salary that he might be worth the $$ but teams would be better plugging in Infante

Dodger OF'ers & Salty are on the list among others

11-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I can understand why Phillips is on this list, but I actually see Infante as a player to avoid even more than Phillips.

Red Raindog
11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
I can understand why Phillips is on this list, but I actually see Infante as a player to avoid even more than Phillips.

I assume he's factoring in the likelihood that Infante will be cheaper & shorter term

still - better than Uggla

:dunno:

11-14-2013, 03:41 AM
I assume he's factoring in the likelihood that Infante will be cheaper & shorter term

still - better than Uggla

:dunno:

Which is a better deal?

A 2005 Mercedes costing 10% above blue book or

A 2005 Kia costing exactly blue book?

RedTeamGo!
11-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Mercedes? When did Brandon Phillips transform into Dustin Pedroia or Robinson Cano?

More like a 2005 Ford

Redsfan08
11-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Which is a better deal?

A 2005 Mercedes costing 10% above blue book or

A 2005 Kia costing exactly blue book?

With the Mercedes I would be looked at as a respected person so I would go with that.

kpresidente
11-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Journalists are idiots.

Yachtzee
11-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Journalists are idiots.

No offense to any journalists here, but when I did a semester in the College of Journalism and Mass Communication, most of the other students weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. The next semester, I switched majors and moved to the College of Arts and Sciences.

Joseph
11-16-2013, 07:30 PM
No offense to any journalists here, but when I did a semester in the College of Journalism and Mass Communication, most of the other students weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. The next semester, I switched majors and moved to the College of Arts and Sciences.

So you didn't move to anything more respected? </rimshot>

The Operator
11-16-2013, 08:49 PM
I see what you did there. ;)

Yachtzee
11-17-2013, 10:12 AM

Hah.:p

Well I did switch to International Relations (an interdisciplinary degree joining Econ, Poli Sci, History, and Geography) with a minor in German and spent a year in Salzburg, Austria as part of an exchange program. Respected by others? Maybe not. But I did study with l professors who worked with the International Court of Justice and acted as peace negotiators in the former Yugoslavia and the Caucasus during civil wars in those regions. It may be considered "just" a liberal arts degree, but I was way more challenged than I would have been had I stayed in Journalism school. The basic requirement to get into the Journalism school was a C in College English. Personally, I feel future journalists would be better served with a major that requires mastery of the English language better than a C and some serious research skills.