PDA

View Full Version : Cable question

cinreds21
12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good Holiday and are ready for the new year. So I am about to move back into where I used to live (one guy is moving out so I am taking his spot.) But I just thought about something. I used to have a HD DVR box from Directv. I don't really watch all the extra channels (I mainly only watch MLBNetwork, ESPN, CBS, NBC, A&E) so to save money I don't think I need a HD DVR box. What ways can I keep the basic stuff (what comes with my apartment) but have great, HD quality? And will I get MLBNetwork without a box? If not, that is a deal breaker for me.

JaxRed
12-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Is your cable going to be HD? There's no reason it can't be. Although in my local area MLB Extra Innings (not MLB Network) Is not offerered in HD.

Raisor
12-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Cable answer:

His real name is Nathaniel Summers, and he is the son of Scott Summers (Cyclops) and Madeleine Pryor. Pryor was the clone of Scott's first love Jean Grey (Marvel Girl/Phoenix).

Nate contracted the techno organic virus and was sent into the future to save his life. In the future he was raised by Scott and Jean who were also sent to the future.

A grown up Nathan, going by the name "Cable" is a frequent time traveler. He had been a terrorist, an agent of Shield, and leader of X-Force.

You can read the current adventures of Cable in comics made by @Marvel.

cinreds21
12-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Is your cable going to be HD? There's no reason it can't be. Although in my local area MLB Extra Innings (not MLB Network) Is not offerered in HD.

I mean the basic feed that my apartment offers (no box) is just the regular wall to tv cord, so I doubt that's HD since there is no HDMI cord used. I just was trying to get around getting a box to save money, you know?

cinreds21
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Cable answer:

His real name is Nathaniel Summers, and he is the son of Scott Summers (Cyclops) and Madeleine Pryor. Pryor was the clone of Scott's first love Jean Grey (Marvel Girl/Phoenix).

Nate contracted the techno organic virus and was sent into the future to save his life. In the future he was raised by Scott and Jean who were also sent to the future.

A grown up Nathan, going by the name "Cable" is a frequent time traveler. He had been a terrorist, an agent of Shield, and leader of X-Force.

You can read the current adventures of Cable in comics made by @Marvel.

And I had no idea that Cable is Cyclops' son. Wow.

JaxRed
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
I mean the basic feed that my apartment offers (no box) is just the regular wall to tv cord, so I doubt that's HD since there is no HDMI cord used. I just was trying to get around getting a box to save money, you know?

OK so NO box not just the DVR box. Little tougher. If you are close to a big city you can get over the air for networks.

You going to have broadband internet?

cinreds21
12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
OK so NO box not just the DVR box. Little tougher. If you are close to a big city you can get over the air for networks.

You going to have broadband internet?

Yeah I'll be in a city with internet, ect. I am just, for once, trying to be cheap. The complex I'd be at only offers DirectTV. Maybe I'll just get a HD box and see how cheap it is. I just didn't know of like Roku or Apple TV or anything could substitute. I just want HD.

dougdirt
12-30-2013, 04:04 PM
I am pretty sure that MLB Network is only going to be available through a digital cable/satellite box. It is an add on channel outside of any basic programming options as far as I know.

LoganBuck
12-31-2013, 02:14 PM
If you live outside of the Reds broadcast market, just get a Roku and MLB Streaming service for about $100/season.