PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Minor League Prospect Ranking #41 & 42

RedlegJake
02-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Cory Thompson and Sal Romano round out our Redszone top 40. I'm going to run this at least to 50 since there are still several solid prospects still in the wings.

HokieRed
02-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Went Chacin and Crabbe but hadn't looked to see that Marshall had been added. Would have put Marshall ahead of Crabbe.

M2
02-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Elizalde still. Hit too much in a pro league to be ignored. Choosing Silverio too. Went .286/.304/.473 as a 22 year-old in Bakersfield last year. Those numbers were in line with Yorman Rodriguez, Juan Duran and Kyle Waldrop, who are all way above him on our list. Plus, he plays solid defense at 3B on top of that, even played some SS. Also was a top 10 prospect in the ChiSox system (twice) before he came to the Reds. Best pedigree still on the board.

JayBruceFan
02-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Beau Amaral and Juan Perez

Red Swagger
02-16-2014, 12:48 AM
Brett Marshall 100% percent. He was the Yankees #6 prospect going into 2013, although NY's farm system isn't that great, he should be number 41 for sure.

Soto as well for me. Can't believe hasn't been selected yet.

RedlegJake
02-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Brett Marshall 100% percent. He was the Yankees #6 prospect going into 2013, although NY's farm system isn't that great, he should be number 41 for sure.

Soto as well for me. Can't believe hasn't been selected yet.

Soto is an example of how deep this system is in the lower levels with quality potential breakout candidates. Not that Soto is a "breakout" guy - pretty much know who he is but he's so low because of the guys who are seen to have more potential. Even now, in the forties, there are guys who have star potential unselected and guys who profile as very useful utility guys left like Soto and HRod (if he is re-signed). Vargas, Gonzalez, Matthews, Chacin, Christiani, Crabbe, Elizalde, Silverio, Langfield, Weiss, Jones...there will be a lot of guys not rise to their potential but the depth is there to winnow the failures. I expect the Reds system to rise quite rapidly in the next two years. If they are reasonably successful drafting and internationally this will be quite a good farm very soon. 2014 and to some degree, 2015 - will tell in how well the Reds big club can remain competitive until these guys start reaching the upper levels.