PDA

View Full Version : Projected Lineup

Gapper
02-19-2014, 02:01 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2014/02/19/an-early-look-at-bryan-prices-everyday-lineups/

Against right-handed starters
1. Billy Hamilton, CF
2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
3. Joey Votto, 1B
4. Jay Bruce, RF
5. Ryan Ludwick, LF
6. Todd Frazier, 3B
7. Devin Mesoraco, C
8. Zack Cozart, SS
9. pitcher

Against left-handed starters
1. Billy Hamilton, CF
2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
3. Joey Votto, 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick, LF
5. Jay Bruce, RF
6. Todd Frazier, 3B
7. Devin Mesoraco, C
8. Zack Cozart, SS
9. pitcher

I really like the lineup against RHP. No disagreement. Against lefties, I'm not sure if I switch the lineup at all. It depends on how Luddy plays. If he is 2012 Ludwick, then I think that is the right call as well.

Gapper
02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm really interested to see if these lineups will look the same come 3/31.

Kilgore_Trout
02-19-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't see any glaring problems with either of these lineups. I'm not so optimistic on Ludwick putting together the type of season to warrant him batting cleanup, but outside of Frazier having an improved season more along the lines of 2012, we really don't have another answer vs. left-handed pitchers.

Following Hamilton's spring will be both fun and informative. Barring some unforeseen developments, I don't see how he could play himself out of the leadoff spot. With that said, I think I speak for most when I say that it would be nice to see some marked improvement in his ability to get on base.

westofyou
02-19-2014, 04:57 PM
I don't see any glaring problems with either of these lineups. I'm not so optimistic on Ludwick putting together the type of season to warrant him batting cleanup, but outside of Frazier having an improved season more along the lines of 2012, we really don't have another answer vs. left-handed pitchers.

Following Hamilton's spring will be both fun and informative. Barring some unforeseen developments, I don't see how he could play himself out of the leadoff spot. With that said, I think I speak for most when I say that it would be nice to see some marked improvement in his ability to get on base.

Awesome user name

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e2/42/8c/e2428c45b3f3df61f183b793fd16ae3f.jpg

Redsville
02-20-2014, 07:36 AM
I actually think Ludwick will have a nice year for us this year. I think he feels bad about the injury coming off the contract signing, being a local guy, and probably carries a bit of a chip on his shoulder from last year. If he can bat against lefties decently which is opposite of most in splits, then I would just go with the lineup vs lefties for the all pitchers. My biggest question/fear is that Billy isn't ready to lead off in MLB, and other than Cozart, we don't have a leadoff hitter...

Chuckie
02-20-2014, 08:42 AM
So refreshing. And perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, but I bet if there are injuries, Bryan Price won't be someone who bats people leadoff and in the 2 hole just for the hell of it. Dusty never minded putting a horrible hitter (like Paul Janish for example) in the 2 hole. Price strikes me as a guy who values the construction of the lineup and will do smart things like leave Cozart batting 8th no matter what.

Kai Slater
02-20-2014, 08:50 AM
I like this solid line up and our solid pitching rotation. Barring any kind of injury disaster, we're going to win 90+ games.

PeteRoseDay
02-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Weak lineup. Outside of Votto and Bruce, everybody is a big if.

Reds&BuckeyeGuy
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2014/02/19/an-early-look-at-bryan-prices-everyday-lineups/

Against right-handed starters
1. Billy Hamilton, CF
2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
3. Joey Votto, 1B
4. Jay Bruce, RF
5. Ryan Ludwick, LF
6. Todd Frazier, 3B
7. Devin Mesoraco, C
8. Zack Cozart, SS
9. pitcher

Against left-handed starters
1. Billy Hamilton, CF
2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
3. Joey Votto, 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick, LF
5. Jay Bruce, RF
6. Todd Frazier, 3B
7. Devin Mesoraco, C
8. Zack Cozart, SS
9. pitcher

I really like the lineup against RHP. No disagreement. Against lefties, I'm not sure if I switch the lineup at all. It depends on how Luddy plays. If he is 2012 Ludwick, then I think that is the right call as well.

I am very curious as to how Pryce does the lineup as well. I am betting they put votto second, ludwick third and bruce cleanup (to seperate right from lefty). Just my opinion (which isnt worth much lol)

RedlegJake
02-21-2014, 07:28 PM
I am very curious as to how Pryce does the lineup as well. I am betting they put votto second, ludwick third and bruce cleanup (to seperate right from lefty). Just my opinion (which isnt worth much lol)

Price has already said Votto will bat third I believe. Also said he isn't concerned that much about seperating lefties.

Assembly Hall
02-22-2014, 09:00 AM
I am just curious gentlemen. I am going through my memory banks, you will have to excuse me I am getting old, but when was the last time the Reds had a legitimate, bona-fide lead off hitter?

villain612
02-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Price has already said Votto will bat third I believe. Also said he isn't concerned that much about seperating lefties.

That is excellent to hear.

Bruce needs to be batting 4th right behind Votto.

Part of the reason Votto doesn't see many good pitches is because he has no protection behind him. Phillips inspires zero fear in opposing pitchers. Bruce does.

mth123
02-23-2014, 10:27 AM
I am just curious gentlemen. I am going through my memory banks, you will have to excuse me I am getting old, but when was the last time the Reds had a legitimate, bona-fide lead off hitter?

2013 - Shin Soo Choo;)

Assembly Hall
02-24-2014, 06:55 AM
2013 - Shin Soo Choo;)

LOL, I don't think Choo is a lead off hitter. It is all we had last year!

Mike Honcho
02-24-2014, 08:40 AM

There isn't a chance in you know what that Votto hits second. None.

Assembly Hall
02-24-2014, 08:58 AM

That is what I thought about Adam Dunn batting lead-off a few years back!!!!!:D

BuckNaked
02-24-2014, 07:28 PM

I agree with this....Votto should always hit 3rd or at the very highest 4th:)

If Votto bats any lower then that it is just silly.

Mike Honcho
02-25-2014, 09:12 AM
That is what I thought about Adam Dunn batting lead-off a few years back!!!!!:D

Oh god why

indyscott
02-25-2014, 03:10 PM
LOL, I don't think Choo is a lead off hitter. It is all we had last year!

I am pretty sure the goal of a lead off hitter is to get on base (Choo 2nd in NL), steal some bases (20 SBs) and score runs (Choo 2nd in the league)

If he isn't a lead off hitter I am not sure what you are looking for.

villain612
02-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Today was the first game of spring training. Glad to see Jay Bruce batting 4th!!!
Please keep it that way.

http://s8.postimg.org/xf5hn4lph/1622672_10152301461548760_1695161418_n.jpg