PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Minor League Prospect Ranking #49 & 50

RedlegJake
02-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Nick Christiani and Jonathan Reynoso come in at 47 and 48. Last two prospect polls coming. I would consider going another ten if enough people want it but the vote total is really sliding off.

corkedbat
02-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Poll? :D

Gallen5862
02-22-2014, 09:52 PM
I would be interested in continueing past 50 prospects.

mace
02-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Last two prospect polls coming. I would consider going another ten if enough people want it but the vote total is really sliding off.

At the risk of pushing it, there are at least ten more guys (closer to twenty, actually) that I wouldn't mind voting for, just to have them noted. As to the vote total . . . it seems to me that it's leveled out in the low to mid 20s, and hasn't dropped from that range in a while.

Red Swagger
02-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Henry Rodriguez and Ryan Wright for me.

HRod should be in the Top 50, no doubt about it. Wright hopefully will have a bounce back year in 2014.

RedlegJake
02-23-2014, 09:38 AM
OK mace ya talked me into it...I don't care if it's just you and me voting!I am enjoying this. Red Swagger - I think HRod should have been higher - the dfa and confusion around whether he'd be here hurt him. Christiani should also have been higher I think. He is a ML reliever after all. Still, I think this list shows that most RZers value potential in prospects very highly. Once a guy shows he is most likely no more than a 4th OFer or a non closer type reliever guys pass them over for someone who might end up being more, even if the odds of them even making it are low.

mth123
02-23-2014, 10:25 AM
OK mace ya talked me into it...I don't care if it's just you and me voting!I am enjoying this. Red Swagger - I think HRod should have been higher - the dfa and confusion around whether he'd be here hurt him. Christiani should also have been higher I think. He is a ML reliever after all. Still, I think this list shows that most RZers value potential in prospects very highly. Once a guy shows he is most likely no more than a 4th OFer or a non closer type reliever guys pass them over for someone who might end up being more, even if the odds of them even making it are low.

I'll be voting. I ranked 50 and added 25 more honorable mentions (26 counting Lutz who I originally ignored is ineligible). It's arguable beyond the top 5 for me, but the Reds have 75 or so guys who I'd call interesting and probably a lot more that I don't know enough about. Certainly a lot will fade to minor league journeyman purgatory, but they are worth watching this year anyway and I like reading the comments about guys as we go down the list. We all know the story on Ervin, Winker and Y-Rod. Reading about Sebastion Elizalde and Joe Mantoni and those types is why I find this interesting...

Tuff Nut
02-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Voted HRod and Drew Hayes...been putting in votes for him every now and then. Sees someone else is on the bandwagon.. woot:beerme:

mace
02-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Voted HRod and Drew Hayes...been putting in votes for him every now and then. Sees someone else is on the bandwagon.. woot:beerme:

Yeah, Hayes is just the kind of guy who makes me want to keep going with this. Because he was so lackluster last year, I haven't been able to justify voting for him yet over less compromised prospects. But I've always liked him, and the Reds seem to like him, so it would be nice to get to a point where he can be acknowledged. The same goes for the likes of Ryan Wright, Steve Selsky, Bryson Smith, Chris Manno and El'Hajj Muhammad. And I'd love, at some point, to be able to call attention to less developed talents like, say, Jose Siri, Luis Gonzalez or Joe Mantoni.

RedlegJake
02-23-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm really hoping to see Gonzalez in the states this year. Also want to see Weiss in a full season. Siri And Vargas. Alberti Chavez - wow what a glove but can he ever hit even a little bit? Jon Matthews and Logan Uxa. Ty Washington is another MI possibility. Mantoni and Muhammed for the pen. Will Selsky hit in Pensacola? Elizalde. Still a lot of intriguing guys left.

klw
02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
I have no idea and will sit this out.

JayBruceFan
02-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Amaral and Selsky