PDA

View Full Version : 3/7/14 vs. Mariners

texasdave
03-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Split squad today. This half is in a slugfest with the Ms. Reds lead 10-8 in the 8th. Reds led 8-zip before Seattle tied things up. Reds have jumped back ahead with at least 2 so far in the to of the 8th.

Pitching side:

Brett Marshall threw three shutout innings. He allowed 4 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 4.
Ismael Guillon got touched up for 3 runs in an inning and two-thirds.
Daniel Corcino allowed five runs in two-thirds of an inning. I am not sure if his ERA went up or down. :)
Michael Lorenzen has pitched 1 and a third scoreless frames.
Jumbo Diaz is on in the home half of the 8th. He just threw a 97 MPH fastball to, but not past, Jesus Montero. Montero laced a double.

Hitting side:

Billy Hamilton walked, stole second and third and scored a run.
Winker had a pinch-hit double.
Brandon Phillips went 2-2 with a walk and a blast, three runs scored and three driven in.
Chris Heisey had two two-run shots.
Neftali Soto doubled in four trips.
Argenis Diaz tripled.
Rossmel Perez, Kris Negron and Donald Lutz all singled. Lutz got caught stealing second.

Red Raindog
03-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Split squad today. This half is in a slugfest with the Ms. Reds lead 10-8 in the 8th. Reds led 8-zip before Seattle tied things up. Reds have jumped back ahead with at least 2 so far in the to of the 8th.

Pitching side:

Brett Marshall threw three shutout innings. He allowed 4 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 4.
Ismael Guillon got touched up for 3 runs in an inning and two-thirds.
Daniel Corcino allowed five runs in two-thirds of an inning. I am not sure if his ERA went up or down. :)
Michael Lorenzen has pitched 1 and a third scoreless frames.
Jumbo Diaz is on in the home half of the 8th. He just threw a 97 MPH fastball to, but not past, Jesus Montero. Montero laced a double.

Hitting side:

Billy Hamilton walked, stole second and third and scored a run.
Winker had a pinch-hit double.
Brandon Phillips went 2-2 with a walk and a blast, three runs scored and three driven in.
Chris Heisey had two two-run shots.
Neftali Soto doubled in four trips.
Argenis Diaz tripled.
Rossmel Perez, Kris Negron and Donald Lutz all singled. Lutz got caught stealing second.

I think it went from 49.50 to 67.50 --- very big oh my

correction - it's now 58.50