PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Dayton Dragons Roster

JayBruceFan
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Catchers: Joe Hudson, Brendan Dailey

Infielders: Daniel Mateo, Sammy Diaz, Jamodrick McGruder, Carlton Daal, Tanner Rahier, Sean Buckley

Outfielders: Phillip Ervin, Beau Amaral, Jeff Gelalich, Sebastian Elizalde

Starting Pitchers: Nick Travieso, Ismael Guillon, Sal Romano, Amir Garrett, Junior Morillo

Relief Pitchers: Joel Bender, Alejandro Chacin, Scott Brattvet, Pedro Diaz, Evan Mitchell, Layne Somsen, Zack Weiss, Daniel Wright.

Benihana
04-01-2014, 04:23 PM
No Jose Ortiz or Jeremy Kivel? That's disappointing.

Would like to see Ervin move quickly. Maybe even skip Bakersfield and play the second half in Pensacola.

Will be interesting to watch the left half of the infield with Daal and Rahier.

Strong rotation.

nemesis
04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Catchers: Joe Hudson, Brendan Dailey

Infielders: Daniel Mateo, Sammy Diaz, Jamodrick McGruder, Carlton Daal, Tanner Rahier, Sean Buckley

Outfielders: Phillip Ervin, Beau Amaral, Jeff Gelalich, Sebastian Elizalde

Starting Pitchers: Nick Travieso, Ismael Guillon, Sal Romano, Amir Garrett, Junior Morillo

Relief Pitchers: Joel Bender, Alejandro Chacin, Scott Brattvet, Pedro Diaz, Evan Mitchell, Layne Somsen, Zack Weiss, Daniel Wright.

Alot of surprises to me. Figured Buckley, Diaz, Travieso, Gelalich, Chacin all be a level higher... No Kivel, Washington, Rachel, Ortiz. Daal must be a Batting Practice Hero. He showed nothing on the field at either stop to warrant a push to Low A.

19braves77
04-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Wonder if Ismael Guillon has a house in Dayton. Isn't this like his fourth year ? Something must have really changed from the day of the exhibition game in Pensacola to the day after because he was dressed out in a Wahoos uni on Friday night.

PepperJack
04-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Wonder if Ismael Guillon has a house in Dayton. Isn't this like his fourth year ? Something must have really changed from the day of the exhibition game in Pensacola to the day after because he was dressed out in a Wahoos uni on Friday night.

I think he likely was just traveling with the Reds to get to Dayton. Like how Ervin and Daal played for Louisville in that scrimmage, but are still starting off with Dayton.

dougdirt
04-03-2014, 01:26 AM

It will be his third season in Dayton, but the first "season" was four starts.

OnBaseMachine
04-03-2014, 03:51 AM
No Reydel Medina or Jose Ortiz?

lollipopcurve
04-03-2014, 07:29 AM

Possible Guillon will be on the same schedule as Latos and take his spot in Pensacola when Latos goes to the Reds?

dougdirt
04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Possible Guillon will be on the same schedule as Latos and take his spot in Pensacola when Latos goes to the Reds?

Not at all.

dougdirt
04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
No Reydel Medina or Jose Ortiz?

Ortiz not being there was a surprise. Medina not being there wasn't, at least in terms of what had been said this spring. In December, yeah, I would have expected him there. But I had heard during most of the spring that he probably wasn't going to be in Dayton to start the year.

Steve4192
04-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Strong rotation.

There is a lot of talent in that rotation, but the jury is still out as to how strong it is. Most of those guys scouting reports are WAY better than their results up to this point in their careers. Hopefully, their performance catches up to their 'stuff' this year. If not, it could be a rough year for Dragons fans.

PepperJack
04-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Doug has some video on his sight that he took the other day. It includes interviews with Romano and Rahier, and Daal and Elizalde taking batting practice.

http://redsminorleagues.com/2014/04/03/cincinnati-reds-minor-league-opening-day-preview/

I really like the sound off of Elizalde's bat.

AtomicDumpling
04-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Anything official regarding where Reydel Medina will start the season yet? I was hoping it would be Dayton.

dougdirt
04-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Anything official regarding where Reydel Medina will start the season yet? I was hoping it would be Dayton.

He is starting in extended spring training. He reportedly didn't look so good this spring, so look for him in June.

RedTeamGo!
04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
He is starting in extended spring training. He reportedly didn't look so good this spring, so look for him in June.

What does "didn't look so good" mean? overweight? talented?

dougdirt
04-07-2014, 12:12 PM
What does "didn't look so good" mean? overweight? talented?

Not ready to handle the level. Raw.