PDA

View Full Version : Need some help.....

EricDavis
04-22-2003, 03:45 PM
OK, my turn to ask for some help. I am in a Yahoo 5 X 5 12 team league. It is a very competitive league, and there is not much of anything decent on FA wire.

I need another closer, and looking at the 2 following trades as possibilities. What do you think of either deal....

Oswalt for Billy Wagner
I give up about 15 wins and 200 K for 35-40 saves.

Schilling for Zito and Wagner
With Zito for Schilling, I only loose about 100K and I add 35-40 saves.

My Roster is.....
C LaRue, Jason
1B Sexson, Richie
2B Castillo, Luis
3B Glaus, Troy
SS Boone, Aaron
OF Wells, Vernon
OF Pierre, Juan
OF Ordonez, Magglio
Util Dunn, Adam
Bench Ibanez, Raul
Bench Thomas, Frank
Bench Phelps, Josh
Bench Casey, Sean

SP Schilling, Curt
SP Oswalt, Roy
RP Julio, Jorge
RP
P Armas Jr., Tony
P Hampton, Mike
P Lawrence, Brian
Bench Eaton, Adam
Bench Reynolds, Shane
DL Nen, RobbDL

Red Leader
04-22-2003, 04:05 PM
I would do the Schilling for Zito and Wagner trade. IMO, that's a good trade for you. I don't like the Oswalt for Wagner trade as it leaves your rotation thin. In this deal, you're getting back Zito to compensate for the loss of Schilling AND a top flight closer. Good deal if you ask me. Zito is on a team that will score runs and he has a good bullpen, so he will get his W's and his bullpen will preserve them. I like this trade a lot.

Larkin Fan
04-22-2003, 06:10 PM
I don't like the Owswalt deal and wouldn't do it. But I'd do the Schilling deal. I love Zito and he'd be a great asset to your team.

EricDavis
04-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the comments, but looks like it does not matter anymore.

I just love the attitude of some FBL players. This guy proposes to me trade of Wagner and Randy Winn for Sexson and Oswalt. I counter with the Schilling and Frank Thomas for Zito and Wagner. He rejects the trade with the comment....

"dude, what I offered you was fair... this is *hit"

Really frustrating part is that this is the same guy that spent the first 2 weeks of the season offering trades of his bench players for everyone else's starters.

EricDavis
05-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Same team again, too late to check anyway, but made a few moves/trades on this team and want to see what you all think of them...

Current Roster...
C Marrero, Eli
1B Sexson, Richie
2B Castillo, Luis
3B Glaus, Troy
SS Boone, Aaron
OF Pierre, Juan
OF Ordonez, Magglio
OF Wells, Vernon
Util Dunn, Adam
Bench Ibanez, Raul
Bench Gonzalez, Juan
Bench Phelps, Josh

Schilling, Curt
SP Oswalt, Roy
RP Julio, Jorge
RP German, Franklyn
P Lawrence, Brian
P Johnson, Jason
P Hampton, Mike
Bench Eaton, Adam
Bench Armas, Tony
DL Nen, Robb

Made 2 deals...
Oswalt for Guardado and Washburn
Juan Gonzalez and Ibanez for Maddux

The return on Oswalt is great IMO
Gonzalez/Ibanez for Maddux could get me, but with the extra OF, and the chance that Gonzalez will get hurt and the need for Pitching, I figured it was worth the chance.

Thoughts?