PDA

View Full Version : Joey Votto Likely Headed to DL

jordan_tm
05-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Ken Rosenthal and the Reds are reporting that Votto did not take the trip to Philadelphia with the team. It is believed that he has reinjured his knee once again and is due to have an MRI to see what's going on with it.

This season just keeps getting worse and worse. With no true backup 1st baseman I don't know what the Reds will do if Votto is out for an extended period of time.

Kai Slater
05-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Any ideas on who would fill the void if Votto is out long term?

Tracy Jones
05-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Any ideas on who would fill the void if Votto is out long term?

Not sure there is one in-house. Certainly not Soto. He stinks.

Someone mentioned Kendrys Morales. If the Reds have to turn there, it's going to be a long season.

Assembly Hall
05-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Not sure there is one in-house. Certainly not Soto. He stinks.

Someone mentioned Kendrys Morales. If the Reds have to turn there, it's going to be a long season.

I would imagine that if it is long term, Frazier would get the nod. There are lots of possibilities with the roster the Reds have in tact as it is,

Tracy Jones
05-18-2014, 10:38 AM
I would imagine that if it is long term, Frazier would get the nod. There are lots of possibilities with the roster the Reds have in tact as it is,

Yeah you're probably right, although I'm not crazy about taking Frazier off of 3rd, since he's done so well there.

Can Lutz play 1st? I don't remember if he can or not.

Assembly Hall
05-18-2014, 10:57 AM
To me 3rd to 1st is sort of a natural move. The only difference is guys throwing you balls all the time! Hamilton could move into the infield if need be and we got several guys that could man 3rd.

Tracy Jones
05-18-2014, 11:04 AM
To me 3rd to 1st is sort of a natural move. The only difference is guys throwing you balls all the time! Hamilton could move into the infield if need be and we got several guys that could man 3rd.

Yeah I have no concerns with Frazier at 1st, but I do have concerns about who replaces him at 3rd. I'm of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, and Frazier has been so good over there I wouldn't want to mess with it.

And because of that throw you mentioned, I'd put a higher priority on the better defender being at 3rd than at 1st.