PDA

View Full Version : 6/11/2014 Reds vs Trolley-Dodgers

cumberlandreds
06-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Here's the Reds lineup. I really don't like this Pena can only catch Cueto thing. Mez has to play everyday, especially since this offense isn't so good anyway.

1. Billy Hamilton (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (S) CF
2. Todd Frazier (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (R) 3B
3. Joey Votto (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (L) 1B
4. Brandon Phillips (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (R) 2B
5. Jay Bruce (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (L) RF
6. Ryan Ludwick (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (R) LF
7. Brayan Pena (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (S) C
8. Zack Cozart (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (R) SS
9. Johnny Cueto (http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups#) (R) P

Tom Servo
06-11-2014, 02:38 PM
relevant

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10366210_10152534309853760_8281934357599168643_n.j pg

(not really)

klw
06-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Here's the Reds lineup. I really don't like this Pena can only catch Cueto thing. Mez has to play everyday, especially since this offense isn't so good anyway.

Adding to the problem is that today they are facing Ryu, a lefty with Greinke going tomorrow. Mez should go today against the lefty and have Pena go tomorrow. Mez has a career OPS 200 points higher vs lhp than rhp while Pena hits rhp at about 90 point higher ops than lhp. (Mez this year however has a higher ops vs rhp and all 9 of his hr's are vs rhp) Oh well, griping won't change anything.

klw
06-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Some delays possible tonight
http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/RadarLoop/bwg_None_anim.gif

Norm Chortleton
06-11-2014, 04:47 PM
I really don't like this Pena can only catch Cueto thing. Mez has to play everyday, especially since this offense isn't so good anyway.

Only 2 catchers in MLB caught more than 131 games last year. Wieters = 140 and Perez = 137. A healthy Mes with a day off every time Cueto pitches would catch 130 games. The position is too demanding to put a guy back there every day.

Tom Servo
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10345835_10152534556338760_8887764031030081358_n.j pg

uniforms for tonight

NebraskaRed
06-11-2014, 05:31 PM
“To me, what verifies if guys are still expecting to win is the effort that you get on the field,” Price said on Wednesday. “There are times here in the last week where we’ve had a couple of guys that haven’t run the ball out hard. That’s disappointing to me. That bothers me and we address it and we’ll continue to address it and not allow it to permeate the ball club. What we need are guys that bust their tail every day. As long as we get that, it’s hard to complain.”

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2014/06/11/price-guys-still-expect-to-win/

I don't like speculating on who those people are, but I think if you go back and look at the last few games, it's clear that Mr. Redlegs is one of them.

That guy's got a real attitude problem.

kbrake
06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Only 2 catchers in MLB caught more than 131 games last year. Wieters = 140 and Perez = 137. A healthy Mes with a day off every time Cueto pitches would catch 130 games. The position is too demanding to put a guy back there every day.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Mesoraco getting a start off once every time through the rotation. The problem is sitting Mesoraco when their is a lefty on the mound against the Reds. This team can't score runs the way it is. They need to maximize every opportunity and that means Mesoraco needs to play against LH SP. Let Pena start tomorrow against Greinke.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 06:20 PM

But I can play the same catcher every game on the PS4!

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 06:21 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10345835_10152534556338760_8887764031030081358_n.j pg

uniforms for tonight

Ugh. Why?

Tom Servo
06-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Ugh. Why?
America and our soldiers will be incredibly proud to see us wear such ugly uniforms.

reds1869
06-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Ugh. Why?

Military Appreciation night.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 06:50 PM

oh boy... I was happy that the Reds donīt make all the "military propaganda" other teams do...

dsmith421
06-11-2014, 06:55 PM
America and our soldiers will be incredibly proud to see us wear such ugly uniforms.

If they truly wanted to "appreciate" the military they'd donate the night's gate to the Wounded Warrior Project or, perhaps, some other organization that contributes to providing employment retraining or mental health treatment for returning veterans. But that would be hard. Much easier to just wear camo and put a big USA sign on the nearest highway overpass. Stuff like this is a joke. It's a cynical attempt to sell merchandise under the auspices of patriotism.

VR
06-11-2014, 07:19 PM
If they truly wanted to "appreciate" the military they'd donate the night's gate to the Wounded Warrior Project or, perhaps, some other organization that contributes to providing employment retraining or mental health treatment for returning veterans. But that would be hard. Much easier to just wear camo and put a big USA sign on the nearest highway overpass. Stuff like this is a joke. It's a cynical attempt to sell merchandise under the auspices of patriotism.

Not sure how it works by club....but I believe MLB donates 100% of proceeds from jerseys and hats to the 'welcome back troops' fund.

VR
06-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Good start for Cueto

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:22 PM

I guess the Dodgers don't appreciate the military.

Commies....

Mutaman
But I can play the same catcher every game on the PS4!

Same thing with APBA.

kbrake

So the fact that discount tickets are available for military members and the fact that the franchise player started his own foundation to help soldiers returning with PTSD are just cynical attempts to sell merchandise? Got it, the Reds are bad at everything they ever attempt to do.

PepperJack
06-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Mark Sheldon @m_sheldon · 1m
RT @MannyRsports: #Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez a late scratch from lineup due to right AC joint irritation. Figgins at 3B, Rojas at SS

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:25 PM

We shouldn't half-ass it. Camo pants, undershirts, helmets, and catching gear should also be worn.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
This is going to be an every Wednesday occurance?! :thumbdown:

dsmith421
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM
So the fact that discount tickets are available for military members and the fact that the franchise player started his own foundation to help soldiers returning with PTSD are just cynical attempts to sell merchandise? Got it, the Reds are bad at everything they ever attempt to do.

The hats and jerseys are a joke, and are cynical attempts to sell merchandise. By MLB. Not just the Reds. Paul Lukas at Uni-Watch did a study on how much money actually was donated from the sale of the "stars and stripes" hats and it was an absolute joke.

Votto's foundation has nothing to do with the team. That's his philanthropy and is PRECISELY the kind of charity I'm talking about as a non-cynical, honest, reasonable attempt to help. And by a Canadian, no less.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM

why canīt they do all of those things (if they want to) without wearing ugly jerseys? I donīt like patriotism => I donīt like those "events"

Kc61
06-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Kemp thrown out arguing after strikeout.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 07:34 PM
kemp :wave:

Hillsdale87
06-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Interesting decision by FSOH to leave the cameras and audio on Kemp while he hurled F bombs at the ump...

kbrake
The hats and jerseys are a joke, and are cynical attempts to sell merchandise. By MLB. Not just the Reds. Paul Lukas at Uni-Watch did a study on how much money actually was donated from the sale of the "stars and stripes" hats and it was an absolute joke.

Votto's foundation has nothing to do with the team. That's his philanthropy and is PRECISELY the kind of charity I'm talking about as a non-cynical, honest, reasonable attempt to help. And by a Canadian, no less.

I just look at it as a way of raising awareness. The military is being talked about in the broadcast and on Twitter in a way that I doubt it would be without the team making the statement it is with the jerseys. I can't imagine this is to make money. There can't be that many people that would buy that stuff.

VR
Kemp thrown out arguing after strikeout.

No Kemp, no Ramirez.....must capitalize.

06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
No Kemp, no Ramirez.....must capitalize.

Should be no Puig if the ump did his job.

kbrake
06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Interesting decision by FSOH to leave the cameras and audio on Kemp while he hurled F bombs at the ump...

I was thinking the same thing and if you didn't get enough of it live they are now showing the replay haha.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:39 PM
I just look at it as a way of raising awareness. The military is being talked about in the broadcast and on Twitter in a way that I doubt it would be without the team making the statement it is with the jerseys. I can't imagine this is to make money. There can't be that many people that would buy that stuff.

It is always about making money.

malcontent
06-11-2014, 07:40 PM
LA offense being slowly degraded. Now if only:

(1) Ryu wasn't pitching, or

(2) The Reds could hit....

we'd have a chance!

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Ryu is lucky he didn't break an ankle there.

kbrake
06-11-2014, 07:41 PM
It is always about making money.

Not always in a direct manner. Are they doing the military stuff to improve the brand that is the Cincinnati Reds? Maybe. Are they doing the military stuff to sell jerseys and hats for some huge profit? Very unlikely.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 07:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing and if you didn't get enough of it live they are now showing the replay haha.

why is this that big of a deal anyway? in germany you are allowed to say whatever you want in tv...

Kc61
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Reds with two on in the second. Ludwick up.

Pops out, does somebody coach these hitters?

kbrake
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
why is this that big of a deal anyway? in germany you are allowed to say whatever you want in tv...

I have no problem at all with it but it is unusual that they would show it like that here in America.

I think Americans are way too sensitive about bad words.

dsmith421
06-11-2014, 07:45 PM

Awareness? It is 2014. We have been embroiled in two foreign wars for over a decade. It's the longest period of active wartime life in America in its history. Now, reminding people about the ugly side of military service - yeah, that would be nice. It would be nice generally if people knew about the high rates of suicide and homelessness and long-term unemployment among returning veterans. But that doesn't make people feel good, and no one wants to talk about it. When the rubber meets the road, it's easier to wear a camo uniform and give a kid back from Iraq a standing ovation (which is fine, I have no issue with that) than it is to make the commitment someone like Votto has.

(For my part, I do pro bono legal work for overseas veterans when I can. It's not much but I feel like it at least carries some meaning.)

Also, the uniforms are butt ugly.

tomnuetten
ludwick :rolleyes:

Red Raindog
Ludwick's ABs are starting to look so much like Cozart I'm having a hard time telling them apart when the sound is off -- and THAT is not a good thing

06-11-2014, 07:46 PM

http://youtu.be/vbZhpf3sQxQ

Red Raindog
06-11-2014, 07:47 PM
dang -- they have a 2B man too

kbrake
06-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Awareness? It is 2014. We have been embroiled in two foreign wars for over a decade. It's the longest period of active wartime life in America in its history. Now, reminding people about the ugly side of military service - yeah, that would be nice. It would be nice generally if people knew about the high rates of suicide and homelessness and long-term unemployment among returning veterans. But that doesn't make people feel good, and no one wants to talk about it. When the rubber meets the road, it's easier to wear a camo uniform and give a kid back from Iraq a standing ovation (which is fine, I have no issue with that) than it is to make the commitment someone like Votto has.

(For my part, I do pro bono legal work for overseas veterans when I can. It's not much but I feel like it at least carries some meaning.)

Also, the uniforms are butt ugly.

I think because of how long we've been at war people do forget a little bit about the military and the sacrifices that are made. I'm 100% with you on the idea that not enough is done for mental health issues. I just think the Reds as a franchise tend to do a good job with charity and I'm guessing we don't hear about all of it. And I agree the uniforms are ugly that is why I don't think they produce them thinking they can make a fortune selling them.

06-11-2014, 07:48 PM
DadDudeDP strikes again, but in a new way.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 07:49 PM
that was a typical reds 2014 inning

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:49 PM
My biggest problem with it is that the camo jerseys are just plain ol' ugly.

I admit that I have a "Stars & Stripes" cap from a few years back. Bought it on clearance from mlb.com after the next year's model came out. It was the white cap with the red bill and a red, white, and blue "C". I bought it mainly because it reminds me of the Reds caps from the 50's. It's patriotic, but not ostentatious. When I want to wear an overtly patriotic cap, I wear my Team USA cap.

Kc61
06-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Reds need some new coaching or something. They keep messing up almost every scoring opportunity every conceivable way.

That time, a good catch on a bloop and man is doubled off second.

Watching the last three nights, with all the DPs and plays like that, the guys running this team should be embarrassed.

06-11-2014, 07:51 PM
These uni's should be illegal. They give the Reds an advantage. They are camouflage, so the Dodgers can't see where the Reds are playing.

kbrake
06-11-2014, 07:51 PM
that was a typical reds 2014 inning

Waaaaaaaaay too many base runners for that to be a typical inning.

dubc47834
06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
oh boy... I was happy that the Reds donīt make all the "military propaganda" other teams do...

Sorry man...but huge dislike on this post!

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 07:55 PM
These uni's should be illegal. They give the Reds an advantage. They are camouflage, so the Dodgers can't see where the Reds are playing.

Like I said earlier, the Reds shouldn't half-ass it. Camo pants, undershirts, helmets, and catching gear should also be worn. Maybe camo facepaint instead of eye black.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Waaaaaaaaay too many base runners for that to be a typical inning.

yes but the way they were able to get out of the inning without advancing a baserunner on first and 2nd with no outs was a good indicator for this offence this year...

even if they get some hits, they are able to get out of the inning without doing any damage..

this cueto kid is good

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Sorry man...but huge dislike on this post!

I have no problem with it.. but as pacifist, humanist and history student I donīt like patriotism (there is no real border to nationalism)... a little bit of religion into the mix and you have a explosive mixture

corkedbat
06-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Nice AB by Hamilton

dubc47834
06-11-2014, 08:06 PM
I have no problem with it.. but as pacifist, humanist and history student I donīt like patriotism (there is no real border to nationalism)... a little bit of religion into the mix and you have a explosive mixture

Without getting into a huge deal on this. I Have no problems with patriotism and religion. I don't outwardly show much in regards to both. I understand what you are saying tho, they both can be like a powder keg. I just think that there are way fewer people that use both in a negative way than in a positive way. But, I respect your opinion man!

JaxRed
06-11-2014, 08:08 PM
I wish Redszone had a forum to post political opinions.

villain612
06-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Got back home in time to see a Joey Votto 2 run double. BOOM

Larkin Fan
Hey that guy looked like young Joey Votto.

tomnuetten
votto :beerme:

BluegrassRedleg
06-11-2014, 08:11 PM
It's been the year of Steve Smith. :(

Not really his fault, but Jeez Louise.

George Foster
06-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Hamilton is out...you can't touch the 3rd base coach on a active play

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Don Mattingly is a jerk of LaRussa proportions.

corkedbat
Third base coach shoulda had his azz the heck outta the way.

villain612
Contact looked incidental.

Smith wasn't even looking at Billy and Hamilton looks like he just took too wide of a turn.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 08:13 PM

No, he is out only if Smith assisted him in some way. If anything, Smith slowed him down.

villain612
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
This has to be the most runs the Reds have scored all year with 2 outs.

Chip R
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Like Billy needed the help.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Vottomatic is back. And Phillips sends him home.

tomnuetten
and another run.. hope it isnīt the only inning the reds score (altough with cueto pitching it might be enough anyway)

Larkin Fan
Like Billy needed the help.

Exactly.

WrongVerb
06-11-2014, 08:16 PM

I'm with you to an extent (humanist that leans pacifist and appreciator of history). But hearing about the things that are going on in other countries regarding freedom of speech and other freedoms that we Americans take for granted while people in other countries get thrown in jail or worse for just bad-mouthing whoever happens to be in charge at the time DOES make me appreciate having grown up in this country and the sacrifices made by those in uniform to keep it that way.

What scares me more now is the jingoism from the far right in this country, which is what you're describing, as well as this hyper-surveillance culture that has developed since 9/11. Personally, I think that's doing more to whither away our freedoms than any threat from outside of this country.

EDIT: this discussion is probably better continued in the Politics & Religion forum than in this thread.

dubc47834
06-11-2014, 08:17 PM
I wish Redszone had a forum to post political opinions.

I wish Redszone had a place where posters could go complain about post that don't violate any rules and it was just a post or two!!! Clearly when I stated"without making a deal or this". Jus saying!!!

WrongVerb
06-11-2014, 08:19 PM

I thought it was OK if the coach was in the coach's box (which Smith clearly was not)

villain612
06-11-2014, 08:20 PM
I enjoy debating politics, religion, philosophy and all that jazz from time to time - but honestly, the little sports I do watch is my escape from all that.

dubc47834
06-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

kbrake
06-11-2014, 08:22 PM
I enjoy debating politics, religion, philosophy and all that jazz from time to time - but honestly, the little sports I do watch is my escape from all that.

With the way the Reds have been hitting I think any conversation in a game thread should have been cool. Now that we have 3 runs I think we should enjoy the season turning around and the run we're just starting.

Red Raindog
06-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Mr. Gordon just flunked JC's class

RedTeamGo!
06-11-2014, 08:25 PM
FYI - there is a series if the US soccer teams "march to Brazil" on espn2 right now.

corkedbat
06-11-2014, 08:31 PM
After watching tonight's performance, the Dodger brass should be willing to back the prospect bus up to the gates or pay a serious chunk of a veteran OF's contract or both to add Cueto to Kershaw and Greinke. Not sure I'm ready to deal Jonny, but Jocketty and Castellini better be getting sure because i think there be some pretty tasty offers headed their way as we approach the all-star game and trade deadline.

Hillsdale87
06-11-2014, 08:32 PM
That strike 3 to Ludwick was about 4 inches low. Home plate ump isn't making anybody happy tonight

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 08:33 PM
I liked seeing Pena break up the discussion between Ludwick and the ump. Lol

WrongVerb
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Cozart with yet another off-balance swing. It's like he can't help himself.

WrongVerb
06-11-2014, 08:38 PM
After watching tonight's performance, the Dodger brass should be willing to back the prospect bus up to the gates or pay a serious chunk of a veteran OF's contract or both to add Cueto to Kershaw and Greinke. Not sure I'm ready to deal Jonny, but Jocketty and Castellini better be getting sure because i think there be some pretty tasty offers headed their way as we approach the all-star game and trade deadline.

The only outfielder I want from the Dodgers for Cueto is Puig, and that's not happening. Kemp is oft injured and Ethier and Crawford just don't put up the kind of numbers that warrant Cueto in return. Plus they're both in their 30s. Now, if they want to send Pederson as part of a package, I wouldn't hang up the phone.

But really, the way it should go is the Reds trade Simon to cash in on his career year, then Latos in December. Maybe move Cingrani to closer and Chapman to starter, too.

dubc47834
06-11-2014, 08:41 PM
This could be a weird year for GABP and runs scored. When summer rolls around balls tend to fly outa the ballpark. By all accounts I have seen, Farmers Almanac and Weather Channel, this summer is suppose to be cooler than usual. So, other than the Reds offense sucking so far, the weather might slow us down also. I can count on 1 hand how many 90 degree days we've had. Just an observation!

RedTeamGo!
06-11-2014, 08:41 PM

It's kind of like speed - "you can't teach speed."

With cozart it's "you can't teach awful."

Red Raindog
06-11-2014, 08:45 PM

I understand it has been patented as the "Cozart Lunge".

WildcatFan
06-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Wow, according to Thom Cueto has 42 called strike threes, which is a career high. It's June.

WildcatFan
06-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Can't we just get him a new right arm and let him keep going like a NASCAR pit stop?

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 08:49 PM
10 kīs after 5 innings are not that bad... hope he gets a quick 6th inning ...

RedsBrick
06-11-2014, 08:57 PM
FYI - there is a series if the US soccer teams "march to Brazil" on espn2 right now.

Considering the USA coach, himself said today it wasn't realistic to expect his team to win the WC, it might be a short march.

It is unrealistic, but should the coach be the one to say that?

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:01 PM
So much for the quick 6th.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Helluva at bat by Butera.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Don LaRussa was out of the dugout again.

Roy Tucker
Pizza!

Red Raindog
pizza time

RedTeamGo!
06-11-2014, 09:05 PM
"You have to be realistic. Every year we are getting stronger," Klinsmann said at a press conference Wednesday. "We don't look at ourselves as underdogs. We are not. We are going to take the game to Ghana and they will take it to us and it will be an exciting game and then we go from there.

He is being realistic and his sights are on 2018. That is why Donovan was omitted from the roster. I am a pretty huge US soccer fan, even spent a bunch of money following the team around Germany in 2006 and I have absolutely no problem with his comments. I think the honesty is refreshing.

The USA winning this World Cup would be a miracle.

Roy Tucker
Have the Dodgers turned into the Red Sox with their AB's?

Hillsdale87
Welsh is right. Cozart should have dropped that ball. Would have been an easy double play

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Don LaRussa was out of the dugout again.

He makes it really easy to hate the Dodgers.

It's an ancient hate.

villain612
06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Wow. Cueto. Just wow.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Considering the USA coach, himself said today it wasn't realistic to expect his team to win the WC, it might be a short march.

It is unrealistic, but should the coach be the one to say that?

he is right and I think it is not a dumb move to say it publicly.. the expectations shouldnīt be very high and I think he helped himself with it a bit...
He is a great motivator => I doubt that it has any negative effects on the players

Red Raindog
06-11-2014, 09:08 PM
12 K's in 6 innings will mean lots of pitches

JC has worked the hitters (and the ump) nicely tonight

_Sir_Charles_
KKKKKKKKKKKK

That's right boys. 12! Career high!

Larkin Fan
Johnny may not have been pitch efficient tonight but he was absolutely dominant. 12 Ks. He obtained free pizza all by himself.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:09 PM

It's an ancient hate.

That 70's hatred of that color blue simply never faded for me.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:09 PM

It's an ancient hate.

Not to mention he was overrated as a Yankee. And I hate the Yankees.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Bruuuuuuuuce!

_Sir_Charles_
BRUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!! :jump:

Pulling Cueto now was NOT a difficult decision Thom....but now it's a no-brainer.

RedTeamGo!
he is right and I think it is not a dumb move to say it publicly.. the expectations shouldnīt be very high and I think he helped himself with it a bit...
He is a great motivator => I doubt that it has any negative effects on the players

I'm pretty excited about USA vs Germany - we got hosed in 2002 in the round of 8.

I think the us has a chance to beat you guys this time. Mueller is so friggin good though.

Roy Tucker
Bruce may be emerging from his funk.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
1. Johnny Bench - 389
2. Frank Robinson - 324
3. Tony Perez - 287
4. Adam Dunn - 270
5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
6. George Foster - 244
7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
8. Eric Davis - 203
9. Barry Larkin - 198
10. Vada Pinson - 186
11. Wally Post - 172
12. Jay Bruce - 169
13. Brandon Phillips - 164
14. Joey Votto - 163
15. Gus Bell - 160
16. Joe Morgan - 152
16. Pete Rose - 152
18. Lee May - 147
19. Dan Driessen - 133
20. Reggie Sanders - 125
21. Ernie Lombardi - 120
22. Sean Casey - 118
23. Frank McCormick - 110
24. Dave Parker - 107
25. Chris Sabo - 104
26. Dave Concepcion - 101

villain612
Bruce is back baby

Larkin Fan
How great is it to see Votto doubling in runners and Bruce hitting monster bombs again? Seems like everything is right with the world again.

Red Raindog

It's an ancient hate.

truer words

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Homer looks very comfortable in camo.

tomnuetten
06-11-2014, 09:13 PM
bruce :jump:

trade him :evil:

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Dugout looks like a platoon.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 09:16 PM
BRUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!! :jump:

Pulling Cueto now was NOT a difficult decision Thom....but now it's a no-brainer.

I send him out for one more inning, then pinch-hit for him next inning.

RedsBrick

Plenty of pundits spouting off about the doubts of this team's abilities...the coach shouldn't be one of them. Talking to the press and the players are two different things.

Now, back to baseball....LOVE me some Cueto (and runs!).

tomnuetten
I'm pretty excited about USA vs Germany - we got hosed in 2002 in the round of 8.

I think the us has a chance to beat you guys this time. Mueller is so friggin good though.

Iīm not very high on the german team, but it should be enough to beat the us... I like the way the us gets better over the years, but the team isnīt one of the top 5, perhaps not even top 10 teams...
of course can they beat the germans in a single game (everyone can) but the odds arenīt that good ;)

_Sir_Charles_
It's probably something that gets overlooked because we see it everyday as Reds fans, but it really is a pleasure to see two class individuals who are the top players on the team who are also fast friends like Jay and Joey. I love the fact that we get to see them play and grow everyday side by side.

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Chris,

Wheelersburg is in Ohio, too.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I send him out for one more inning, then pinch-hit for him next inning.

Not me. I'm not a big advocate of pitch counts, and his 112 isn't really his "limit"...but it came in 6 innings. For a guy who's logged the most innings in the bigs this year, a 4-0 lead....yeah, it's a no-brainer for me.

RedTeamGo!
06-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Iīm not very high on the german team, but it should be enough to beat the us... I like the way the us gets better over the years, but the team isnīt one of the top 5, perhaps not even top 10 teams...
of course can they beat the germans in a single game (everyone can) but the odds arenīt that good ;)

You're of course right, but I'm pretty excited about the youth movement going on with the us.

Diskerud and johannson will be the best us players over the next 10 years IMO.

Should be interesting to see what Julian Green becomes too.

villain612
06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Chris,

Wheelersburg is in Ohio, too.

haha...I grew up about 45 minutes from Wheelersburg.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Ludwick is not the most mobile of left fielders.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:23 PM
haha...I grew up about 45 minutes from Wheelersburg.

That could be anywhere depending upon the mode of transportation. Crawling...could still be in the city limits. Drilling rig....could be directly under the city. Rocketcar....Houston, Texas. Gotta be more specific. :O)

Billy Hamilton piggy-back ride....about 2 miles past Venus.

villain612
06-11-2014, 09:26 PM
That could be anywhere depending upon the mode of transportation. Crawling...could still be in the city limits. Drilling rig....could be directly under the city. Rocketcar....Houston, Texas. Gotta be more specific. :O)

Billy Hamilton piggy-back ride....about 2 miles past Venus.

hahaha...Chesapeake

Wheelersburg was our hated rival in basketball.

RedsBrick
06-11-2014, 09:26 PM
"Please tell me someone's throwing in the 'pen...." -Johnny Cueto

Big Klu
06-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Not me. I'm not a big advocate of pitch counts, and his 112 isn't really his "limit"...but it came in 6 innings. For a guy who's logged the most innings in the bigs this year, a 4-0 lead....yeah, it's a no-brainer for me.

This is why I would have left Cueto in for the seventh inning. No confidence in the bullpen, except for Chapman, Broxton, and LeCure. (And Sam has been overworked lately.)

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Ethier has been a thorn for the Reds this year

RedsBrick
06-11-2014, 09:31 PM
So, this might be a perfect example of Chapman pitching before the 9th in a "save" situation.

Larkin Fan
Let's hope Big Brox shuts them down. I have faith.

Roy Tucker
Seems like the Dodgers have had a seasons worth of dinks and dunks and flares this series.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Btw, Cueto recaptured the MLB lead in best ERA tonight. Down to 1.85.

Mutaman
06-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Been some big disappointments on this team this year and Para's right up at the top of the list.

JMO
06-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Price strikes again. Our LH RP has been downright horrific.

RedsBrick
Nice move by Mattingly.

Tadasimha
Mattingly saying some bad words himself now

Probably blueing the air some more after that little double play! :laugh:

kbrake
06-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Price strikes again. Our LH RP has been downright horrific.

Hahahaha

_Sir_Charles_
Been some big disappointments on this team this year and Para's right up at the top of the list.

Not for me. This is what I expected from him. It was more like a big surprise that we got last year. I fully expected to see lots of Reds players do much better this season. But I did think we'd see regression from Parra and Cingrani.

WOW! What a DP turn by Phillips. Might be the best one I've ever seen him turn! WOW!

Larkin Fan
Great turn by BP!

RedsBrick
06-11-2014, 09:36 PM
BROX!!

villain612
06-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Wow.

I know many people have knocked Broxton's salary on this message board, but he's been our most dependable player.

What a job.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:37 PM
A matter of will for Cozart and Phillips on that DP.

Mutaman
06-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Not for me. This is what I expected from him. It was more like a big surprise that we got last year. I fully expected to see lots of Reds players do much better this season. But I did think we'd see regression from Parra and Cingrani.

Baker said he had the talent, he just needed to be put in the right role. He's his own worst enemy.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Broxton has been a lot better this year than I expected. And I'm very glad. He's been excellent.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Wow.

I know many people have knocked Broxton's salary on this message board, but he's been our most dependable player.

What a job.

He's been phenomenal. Most dependable pitcher out of the BP this year.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Cozy with a single back up the box to lead off the inning.

RedsBrick
06-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Disappointed Brox won't be pitching the 8th.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Come on Chris. Poor bunt attempt there.

- - - Updated - - -

Disappointed Brox won't be pitching the 8th.

Why won't he? His spot in the order isn't for a while. Double switch last inning with Heisey replacing Luddy. IMO it's specifically so Broxton could start the 8th.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Thom likes to talk about 2003.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Nice swing by Billy! RBI plating Cozart! 5-0 Redlegs

Roy Tucker
Billy's AB offsets a poor effort by Heisey.

RedsBrick
Come on Chris. Poor bunt attempt there.

- - - Updated - - -

Why won't he? His spot in the order isn't for a while. Double switch last inning with Heisey replacing Luddy.

Thanks...I totally missed that! I'm happy again! ;)

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Great pieces of hitting by Zach and Billy this inning.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Billy should be able to steal off Maholm with ease. IIRC his move is pretty pitiful.

~edit~ It does look like he's improved his slide-step, but I think it effects his control. (not based on that wild pitch) Hamilton to 2nd due to that of course.

BB to Frazier.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Never let the ball get away. Especially when Billy is on base.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Busting Joey inside with fastballs.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:54 PM
BB to Phillips to load 'em up. I figured they wouldn't pitch to Phillips. Maholm's always had problems with Brandon for some reason.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Broxton may not pitch the eighth if this inning goes any further...

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Would love to see Jay get a hit here

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 09:56 PM

Same here. Just so I can see Broxton hit. :O)

Tadasimha
06-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Crush one, Jay

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 09:57 PM

Or even a walk.

_Sir_Charles_
Was that Devin in the ODC?

Larkin Fan

They aren't allowed to show that on TV.

Tadasimha
06-11-2014, 09:58 PM

Big as he is, if he can get the bat on the ball it could go a long way!

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
It wouldn't have happened. Rocco was in the on deck circle. I wasn't sure at first, but it was him.

Tom Servo
06-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Justin Turner is officially on my list. I know we traded you but c'mon man, stop wearing out our pitchers.

Playadlc
06-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Thom needs to pump the brakes a bit on this pitch count stuff.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 10:12 PM
I think this the longest shutout I've ever seen.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 10:12 PM
These Dodger ABs are crazy.

WrongVerb
06-11-2014, 10:13 PM
If Broxton would come high and tight with a pitch, that would shake things up a bit.

Tadasimha
06-11-2014, 10:14 PM

Charlie Steiner and Hershiser are talking it up too, saying that Broxton won't be available tomorrow given that he's over 25 pitches.

Roy Tucker
Figgins uses a long bat.

Larkin Fan
Web gem for Phillips!

OGB
06-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Sometimes it's really unfortunate this is a family friendly board, because I have so many good foul ball jokes right now.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen a team average over 6 pitches per AB. It's insane.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 10:19 PM
The obligatory Bernadina ground out.

Roy Tucker
So who pitches the 9th? LeCure?

Brutus
I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen a team average over 6 pitches per AB. It's insane.

Would it surprise you to learn that on the season, as a team they are actually .01 under league average at 3.80 P/PA?

It shocked me LOL

Chip R
06-11-2014, 10:20 PM

He complains when Votto doesn't expand his zone and walks but complains when the Reds don't walk.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 10:21 PM
The obligatory Bernadina ground out.

The left handed Neftali Soto.

BluegrassRedleg
06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Would it surprise you to learn that on the season, as a team they are actually .01 under league average at 3.80 P/PA?

It shocked me LOL

Wonder what the MLB record is for most pitches seen in a shutout?

Larkin Fan

It shocked me LOL

Wow. Just wow. LOL. What the heck happened to them tonight?

WrongVerb
He complains when Votto doesn't expand his zone and walks but complains when the Reds don't walk.

Thom certainly has his dead horses, doesn't he?

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 10:23 PM

Don't get him started on Reds start times in the 70's.

Brutus
06-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Wonder what the MLB record is for most pitches seen in a shutout?

Interesting question. That would be some neat trivia. I need to assemble my crack research staff to find out that answer. Inquiring minds want to know.

Brutus
06-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow. Just wow. LOL. What the heck happened to them tonight?

Yeah it's crazy. They are acting like robots fouling pitches off tonight and laying off pitches just outside the zone.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Great catch by Joey.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 10:25 PM
A nifty snare by Votto.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 10:26 PM

On both sides of the fence, apparently.

Larkin Fan
06-11-2014, 10:28 PM
That slider is just unfair after the 101 gas. Lol

Tom Servo
06-11-2014, 10:30 PM
We're good again! :beerme:

WVRedsFan
Done. Go get them tomorrow. No sweep and a chance for the split.

Brutus
That slider is just unfair after the 101 gas. Lol

He's been like a whole different pitcher since he got back. Far less erratic and love how he's mixed up pitches.

Roy Tucker
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Your regular 177 pitch 16K shutout.

Can't say they didn't earn it.

BluegrassRedleg
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Best win of the season?

Brutus
06-11-2014, 10:32 PM
177 pitches later...

WVRedsFan
06-11-2014, 10:39 PM
I think Big Klu touched on this early on, but I'd rather see the Reds wear olive drab instead of those horrible camo jerseys and hats. Yuck.

miamiredskin
06-11-2014, 10:42 PM
good game.

kbrake
06-11-2014, 10:44 PM
How crazy would a split feel after the start to this series?

Larry Schuler
06-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Today was a bizarre glimpse at what we expected 2014 to be like. Great pitching, defense, and offense from BP, Votto and Bruce.

BluegrassRedleg
06-12-2014, 02:16 AM
I think Big Klu touched on this early on, but I'd rather see the Reds wear olive drab instead of those horrible camo jerseys and hats. Yuck.

I think they would consider that, but it's probably a show of support for our guys (and ladies) in a part of the world where they're wearing that camo.

I kinda like them. Not the best against white pants, but the jersey and hat on their own look good.

reds1869
06-12-2014, 11:01 AM
I think they would consider that, but it's probably a show of support for our guys (and ladies) in a part of the world where they're wearing that camo.

I kinda like them. Not the best against white pants, but the jersey and hat on their own look good.

Yes, not to mention the uniforms are part of a league wide program. I have to admit ours look better than most.