PDA

View Full Version : Arroyo out for season - needing Tommy John Surgery

WaiteHoyt
07-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Definitely a favorite player who speaks his peace and took blame when he was having a bad day/night. Sorry for the severe injury and at his age that may be the last of him as a player. hopefully not, and of course the Reds dodged a bunch of money by not extending him an offer

jordan_tm
07-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Hated to hear this. He says he wants to come back and pitch for a couple more years. I guess he'll just have to wait and see how his arm recovers.

WaiteHoyt
07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
The future question is how much will a team be willing to pay in the future if he is able to return.

Aaron Harang is 8-6 for the Braves to date and had a good season 14-7 in San D and they let him go and he bounced to several teams. So I'm not at all sure how decisions are made about pitchers who once upon a time were successful. This is Yo-Yo's first injury however.

RedFanT
07-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Definitely a favorite player who speaks his peace and took blame when he was having a bad day/night. Sorry for the severe injury and at his age that may be the last of him as a player. hopefully not, and of course the Reds dodged a bunch of money by not extending him an offer

I underestimated Arroyo when he was with the Reds, seeing him as a finesse pitcher who cared more about his music than his pitching, but I have concede I was wrong about him. He was the most consistent starting pitcher the Reds had since Tom Browning. I hate reading about this injury, and I hope him the best in his recovery and that he get an extra year or two out of his arm.

RedsBaron
07-09-2014, 09:24 AM
I hate to see that Bronson needs this surgery and I wish him a speedy and full recovery. He is one of my all time favorite Reds and will eventually be in the Reds Hall of Fame.

jordan_tm
07-09-2014, 11:22 AM
He has a lot of factors going against him for a successful return, mainly his age. If anyone can do it though, it's him.

RedlegJake
07-09-2014, 11:24 AM
I hope he returns and has at least one more good year. One of my favorite players to watch.

jordan_tm
07-09-2014, 11:30 AM
How long was his deal with the Diamondbacks? It was just one year wasn't it?

RedlegJake
07-09-2014, 12:01 PM
2 years 23.5 mil with a team option for 2016

jordan_tm
07-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks. I couldn't remember if the option was for the 2nd year or potential 3rd year.

bounty37h
07-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Man, really hate to hear that for him. Always a reliable inning eater and always took the ball his turn.

NC-Red
07-12-2014, 12:28 AM
i love Bronson but unfortunately his career may be over. The Reds really did the right move by letting him go