PDA

View Full Version : 7/10/14 Reds vs. Cubs--5 Game Sweep?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

reds44
07-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Heisey CF
Schumaker RF
Frazier 3B
Pena 1B
Ludwick LF
Santiago 2B
Cozart SS
Barnhart C
Bailey P

My goodness.

villain612
07-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Heisey CF
Schumaker RF
Frazier 3B
Pena 1B
Ludwick LF
Santiago 2B
Cozart SS
Barnhart C
Bailey P

My goodness.

Oye.

If we win this game, then..

http://asset-3.soup.io/asset/3111/0424_3e65.gif

Stray
07-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Lol that lineup

OC_Red
07-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Heisey CF
Schumaker RF
Frazier 3B
Pena 1B
Ludwick LF
Santiago 2B
Cozart SS
Barnhart C
Bailey P

My goodness.
Brutal lineup... Hope Bailey is channeling Cy Young today...

NebraskaRed
07-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Kristopher Negron promoted.

WildcatFan
07-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Wish I were going to the game today. I'd probably get a chance to pinch hit.

Nasty_Boy
07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
This will be their 4th game in 48 hours... I'd say a few fellas needed a rest or Price wanted them rested for the big series this weekend. Homer will have to be spectacular today... Then again, this is the Cubs and the way the Reds are going this lineup may put up 7 runs.

redsfan30
07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Where is the other half of the split squad playing today?

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Heisey CF
Schumaker RF
Frazier 3B
Pena 1B
Ludwick LF
Santiago 2B
Cozart SS
Barnhart C
Bailey P
http://i.imgur.com/UYV2DMS.gif

NebraskaRed
07-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Prediction: Homer starts off great, has a really bad inning (let's say the 4th or 5th), Reds rally late and complete the 5-game sweep.

LawFive
07-10-2014, 10:31 AM
In July 2024 we'll be looking at the "This Date in Reds History" thread and realize we've forgotten half these guys ever represented the local nine.

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Bailey must be asking what did I do to deserve this? Oh well, we are playing the Cubs. Just hang close and they will do something to lose the game.

No pants Mcgee
07-10-2014, 10:32 AM
I guess Bryan Price found an easy way to improve the bench...

WVRedsFan
07-10-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't expect much today. Four out of five isn't bad and more than I expected (I was thinking 3 of five). If Homer pitches well, and he should against the Cubbies, and if we can score with that lineup, we will be OK.

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 10:41 AM
The game is on WGN TV only. No FSO today.

WrongVerb
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey Homer, walk Rizzo and Coghlin every plate appearance and you'll be fine.

We all know this game will end up 9-7 or some crazy score like that.

NebraskaRed
07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Anyone know much about this Kyle "Kendrick" Hendricks fella?

RedsfaninMT
07-10-2014, 10:59 AM
I know he's been hot, but Santiago in the 6 hole says a lot about this lineup.

villain612
07-10-2014, 11:01 AM
I know he's been hot, but Santiago in the 6 hole says a lot about this lineup.

Pena batting cleanup says more I think.

redsmetz
07-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Brutal lineup... Hope Bailey is channeling Cy Young today...

I pretty much assume Bailey's capable of a great game pretty much any time he starts. Sometimes there's a clunker, but he's my go-to guy these days. Maybe today's line-up will be one of those surprises where they clobber the opposition. Of course, there's the flipside that every kid who makes a debut against the Reds seems to channel Cy Young too. Oh boy!

jordan_tm
07-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Price isn't exactly running out the '27 Yankees today. I think this is all about getting everyone some rest. Hamilton and Phillips definitely were not going to play today, the only surprise to me is Bruce not playing.

RedsBrick
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
If the Reds win this game, the Cubs should petition the league to start the contraction process as a team in MLB.

SlimJim11
07-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Well Pena, Heisey, Schumaker, Santiago, Cozart all have an OBP of at least .357 in the month of July. So umm continue that!

Larkin Fan
07-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Heisey CF
Schumaker RF
Frazier 3B
Pena 1B
Ludwick LF
Santiago 2B
Cozart SS
Barnhart C
Bailey P

My goodness.

Good lord...

Red Raindog
07-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Anyone know much about this Kyle "Kendrick" Hendricks fella?

In AAA he's striking out almost 1/inning -- not walking a lot (23/102.2) -- is somewhat hittable almost a hit per inning -- 3.59 era

last year between AA & AAA he had 2.00 era with fewer K's & fewer hits/9 -- he gave 5 HR in 166 innings and walked 34 --- a decent prospect it seems

Baseball Prospectus says he gets ahead of hitters - changes speeds & avoids walks - his stuff is not great but he commands it well - their prediction -- back end starter or middle relief but they point out Kyle Lohse has earned millions with similar stuff

YMMV

villain612
07-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I may be biased and overly optimistic, but the way this team is playing right now, combined with the fact that it's the Cubs, I think we've got a decent shot at winning this game today.

CySeymour
07-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Heisey CF
Schumaker RF
Frazier 3B
Pena 1B
Ludwick LF
Santiago 2B
Cozart SS
Barnhart C
Bailey P

http://media0.giphy.com/media/Z5mM20iQLyrIc/giphy.gif

villain612
07-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Todd Frazier hasn't homered since June 22. He's due.

And it might be our only offense today, so yeah.

UPDATE: What's up with not starting Bruce?

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 11:45 AM
This lineup is embarrassing. And if I were Homer Bailey, I'd be pissed. (Rich, but pissed.) Jay Bruce does not need a day off today -- not with the AS break right around the corner when he will get FOUR days off.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. We're already down 3 of our best position players, the AS break is almost here ... and Price thinks today is a good day to give Bruce a "rest."

Pena batting cleanup. My goodness.

_Sir_Charles_
07-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Kristopher Negron promoted.

The depressing thing about this....Negron makes that lineup worse. I honestly didn't think that was possible.

And btw...just watch, we'll score over 10 runs with it. LOL.

traderumor
07-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Todd Frazier hasn't homered since June 22. He's due.

And it might be our only offense today, so yeah.

UPDATE: What's up with not starting Bruce?5 games in 4 days, Pirates series coming up, gotta keep him fresh, no day off...

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 11:51 AM
5 games in 4 days, Pirates series coming up, gotta keep him fresh, no day off...

He's a young man. He can rest after the game, all night tonight and all day tomorrow before the Pirates game. And then he'll be getting four days off Monday-Thursday. People are acting like we're talking about Scott Rolen's latter days or something.

I think this is a bad time to give Bruce a rest. Course, it is the Cubs, so it might not matter.

kbrake
07-10-2014, 12:03 PM
He's a young man. He can rest after the game, all night tonight and all day tomorrow before the Pirates game. And then he'll be getting four days off Monday-Thursday. People are acting like we're talking about Scott Rolen's latter days or something.

I think this is a bad time to give Bruce a rest. Course, it is the Cubs, so it might not matter.

He is still coming off knee surgery. 4 games in 48 hours. Lot of season to go and a big series this weekend.

49-42 2.5 games out of first place with all the injuries the Reds have had in the first half. I think Bryan Price has earned the benefit of the doubt. He knows what he is doing.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 12:07 PM
He is still coming off knee surgery. 4 games in 48 hours. Lot of season to go and a big series this weekend.

49-42 2.5 games out of first place with all the injuries the Reds have had in the first half. I think Bryan Price has earned the benefit of the doubt. He knows what he is doing.

Good point on the knee surgery. I would still "roll the dice" (not that it's much of a roll) with the AS break just four days away. But I hear what you're saying.

reds1869
07-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Good point on the knee surgery. I would still "roll the dice" (not that it's much of a roll) with the AS break just four days away. But I hear what you're saying.

It's the Cubs. We can win without Bruce.

redsmetz
07-10-2014, 12:14 PM
This lineup is embarrassing. And if I were Homer Bailey, I'd be pissed. (Rich, but pissed.) Jay Bruce does not need a day off today -- not with the AS break right around the corner when he will get FOUR days off.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. We're already down 3 of our best position players, the AS break is almost here ... and Price thinks today is a good day to give Bruce a "rest."

I just wonder at times the feelings folks bring to these matters. Embarrassing? Why? And you're asking asking Bailey to be angry about this? One of the hallmarks of Bailey's development has been his maturity the last few years, his workmanship regardless the situation. Frankly, it's what has moved him up in his game. And I'm not sure why you find a need to put quotes around "rest" around Bruce getting a day off. From everything I hear, baseball is an absolute grind. Those days off are essential. This allows Bruce to be completely fresh for the Pirates series, which is an important series leading up to the break. Those games need to be played and they are against another division rival.

Honestly, you're allowing your emotions to get the better of you. Some times a team has a line-up like this for a game. Rather against the Cubs than someone else. And it's anything but "dumb, dumb, dumb" or "embarrassing" or any other hyperbole you care to suggest. It is what it is.

Biff Pocoroba
07-10-2014, 12:15 PM

I honestly couldn't think of a better way to complete a five game sweep of the Cubs

Chuckie
It's the Cubs. We can win without Bruce.

Oh, the Reds can win ... I just think Bruce gives us a better chance of doing so. Especially when he's on one of his patented hot streaks and we're already down 3 of our best position players. Just seems like poor timing, especially with the AS break four days away.

Brutus
This is the type of lineup everyone complains about and winds up putting 8 runs on the board. Let's hope that holds true again today haha

Red Raindog
07-10-2014, 12:16 PM
I think I've been sent to hell --- my best friend is a Cardinal's fan (named after Marty Marion) --- he obtained an LP copy of the The Cardinal's 1967 season recapped and he's asked me to burn it to a CD because I have the machine for it -- but I'm forced to actually listen to it while recording it in order to separate the tracks ----

Man -- if good friends were a tiny bit easier to find.........

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 12:18 PM
I just wonder at times the feelings folks bring to these matters. Embarrassing? Why? And you're asking asking Bailey to be angry about this? One of the hallmarks of Bailey's development has been his maturity the last few years, his workmanship regardless the situation. Frankly, it's what has moved him up in his game. And I'm not sure why you find a need to put quotes around "rest" around Bruce getting a day off. From everything I hear, baseball is an absolute grind. Those days off are essential. This allows Bruce to be completely fresh for the Pirates series, which is an important series leading up to the break. Those games need to be played and they are against another division rival.

Honestly, you're allowing your emotions to get the better of you. Some times a team has a line-up like this for a game. Rather against the Cubs than someone else. And it's anything but "dumb, dumb, dumb" or "embarrassing" or any other hyperbole you care to suggest. It is what it is.

I find it humorous that you make fun of my vernacular ... and then end your post with the least-profound phrase in the English language "it is what it is."

Our opinions differ on this one my friend. I think Bruce should be playing today, you agree with the move to rest him. Fair enough. No need to go on a diatribe about it.

No pants Mcgee
07-10-2014, 12:18 PM
This is the type of lineup everyone complains about and winds up putting 8 runs on the board. Let's hope that holds true again today haha
If not I'm blaming you for jinxing it ;)

kbrake
07-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I find it humorous that you make fun of my vernacular ... and then end your post with the least-profound phrase in the English language "it is what it is."

Our opinions differ on this one my friend. I think Bruce should be playing today, you agree with the move to rest him. Fair enough. No need to go on a diatribe about it.

Saying Bruce should be playing is one thing but you have a tendency to lose your mind about things sometimes and it certainly seemed like you were freaking out a bit over the lineup. And from what I can remember the things you have been super worked up about this season turned out to not really be a big deal. Like the night Price pulled Cingrani early and you lost it for several innings and the next day Cingrani went on the DL. I'm not saying you can't be passionate you are free to post in whatever way you like but people are more likely to make mention of things you say when you lose it.

redsmetz
07-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Fair enough.

bmwreds31
07-10-2014, 12:24 PM
So this will be the second game we tried to lose this series. Do we have Rachel Phelps running this Team.? If so who in this lineup is Cerrano. Lets hope somebody did some serious Voodoo before the game.

Raisor
07-10-2014, 12:25 PM
I have zero problem with Jay not starting. He'll be available to PH against whatever scrub LHP the Cubs sacrifice in the late innings.

The lineup was probably mandated by MLB to try to make it slightly more fair.

RedTeamGo!
07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Don't know what everyone is complaining about, easily the best lineup of the season.

kbrake
07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
So this will be the second game we tried to lose this series. Do we have Rachel Phelps running this Team.? If so who in this lineup is Cerrano. Lets hope somebody did some serious Voodoo before the game.

Good lord. 14-5 in last 19 games clearly trying to lose games.

OnBaseMachine
07-10-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't really see the need to give Bruce the day off considering he'll get four days off next week. Every game counts.

SirFelixCat
07-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Tbh, I'd have been ok with Frazier getting a game of rest again today. No time off for Todd during the ASB. Good play, Chris!

Tom Servo
I hate Coghlan. Thank you Heisey.

cumberlandreds
Heisey takes away a HR on the first pitch!!!

mu4103
Yeah, Heisey can play Centerfield.

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Alacantara strikes out.

- - - Updated - - -

HBP Rizzo

Red Raindog
07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Rizzo acts angry but how far out does he think he can hang on the plate?

kbrake
07-10-2014, 12:39 PM
So glad Bailey did that. Rizzo has been hanging over the plate and killing the Reds all week.

Raisor
07-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Alacantara strikes out.

I think that was a title of a Steve Miller Band song.

NebraskaRed
07-10-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm not saying that HPB was intentional, but that's the only smart way to handle someone like Rizzo who might as well just be standing on home plate while he bats.

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Castro makes the final out of the 1st. I missed how?

_Sir_Charles_
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Rizzo, you're not allowed to get pissed when you get plunked if you're standing on home plate.

reds44
I don't really see the need to give Bruce the day off considering he'll get four days off next week. Every game counts.
Seriously? This is their 4th game in 48 hours. Pirates coming to town. I don't see how you could have a problem with it.

Red Raindog
Castro makes the final out of the 1st. I missed how?

6 - 4

mu4103
07-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Ramon Santiago??? How is he suddenly an everyday player (pretty much). At what point do you say,"We've got to find more ways to get this kid in the line-up?" Kyle Hendricks is like, "I thought they called me up to the majors. What the heck is this?"

WildcatFan
07-10-2014, 12:43 PM
If Rizzo comes up again with nobody on and doesn't back away, I say get him again.

Red Raindog
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Cub pitcher gets squeezed on both sides of the plate to start --- not good news for a finesse type guy

cumberlandreds
4 pitch walk to Heisey.

Kingspoint
Way to go, Heisey...4-pitch Walk to start the game...let everyone take a look at this guy's delivery.

That's how you bat leadoff.

reds1869
I like Rizzo but he can stop whining. Stand with your arm over the plate and you'll get hit. Just once I'd love to see an umpire call that a strike.

Chuckie
Saying Bruce should be playing is one thing but you have a tendency to lose your mind about things sometimes and it certainly seemed like you were freaking out a bit over the lineup. And from what I can remember the things you have been super worked up about this season turned out to not really be a big deal. Like the night Price pulled Cingrani early and you lost it for several innings and the next day Cingrani went on the DL. I'm not saying you can't be passionate you are free to post in whatever way you like but people are more likely to make mention of things you say when you lose it.

Laying on a bit thick there. Did you miss the post where I said you make a good point that Bruce did have knee surgery earlier this season? Pretty level-headed about this decision by Price today. I don't agree with it, but it's not some huge deal. Flattered that you pay so close attention to my posts from 2 months ago though. ;)

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
2 straight walks

mu4103
Ump is squeezing the hitters today.

kbrake
Ramon Santiago??? How is he suddenly an everyday player (pretty much). At what point do you say,"We've got to find more ways to get this kid in the line-up?" Kyle Hendricks is like, "I thought they called me up to the majors. What the heck is this?"

He's suddenly a regular because that is what bench players become when 3 starters are out with injuries.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Yeah, Heisey can play Centerfield.

I always liked his Defense in CF better than Stubbs'.

It was a really bad joke having Choo in CF last year when Heisey was on the team.

reds44
If this dude is gonna walk everybody the lineup won't matter lol.

redsmetz
If Rizzo comes up again with nobody on and doesn't back away, I say get him again.

I assumed Bailey was taking a page out of Drysdale's book, "why waste pitches?"

WildcatFan
Hendricks has thrown all nine pitches in Todd Frazier's wheelhouse.

reds44
07-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Jesus, dude. Half the damn lineup is dead right now. What do you expect?

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Cubs' announcers getting upset at the ump, now.

Stray
07-10-2014, 12:48 PM
This dude isn't getting any favors from the homeplate ump that's for sure.

keeganbrick
Frazier with a "Cozart" to Castro.

Red Raindog

got to earn those calls kiddie!

Kingspoint
This lineup reminds me that this is a total team effort (and our worst starting pitcher of the five).

reds1869
07-10-2014, 12:49 PM

And rightly so. The strike zone today is certainly, um, unique.

reds44
Don't think Pena has seen a strike yet.

Chuckie
Bruce should be up here instead of Pena. (I won't let it go, will I?)

VR
07-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Pena decided to hack away at ball outside the zone to equal things out.

reds44
07-10-2014, 12:51 PM

666 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!111

VR
Don't think Pena has seen a strike yet.

The 4th pitch shows up in the middle of the RH batters box. :laugh:

Kingspoint
Yeah!

Price is a genius!

Tom Servo
JalaPena!

WildcatFan
The cleanup hitter!

Red Raindog
JalaPena!

do I owe copyright fees?

kbrake
Someone will have to tell me what is going on I can't see the TV because of all the tears in my eyes over the lineup.

BluegrassRedleg
Of course this lineup produces early offense. :)

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 12:52 PM
666 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!111

That explains a lot.

RedTeamGo!

Trolls gonna troll

Chuckie
Told you guys that this lineup was fine.

#crow

Tom Servo
Luddy single!

2-0 Redlegs

reds44
You got your run Homer, go get em.

NebraskaRed
Pena...XBH machine

redsmetz
Doing the crossword puzzle on the Washington Post and I literally just got to the clue "Baseball 2-Baggers (abbr)" [answer "DBLS] and Pena hits his double. Let's see if they have a clue with the answer "HRS"

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 12:53 PM

:laugh:

NebraskaRed
Kyle "not-remotely-like Kendrick" Hendricks

Chuckie
Trolls gonna troll

If you think I'm a troll, you must not understand the definition of troll.

PS: I was making fun of myself. Your sarcasm meter needs turned on, son.

JMO
3-0 baby

Kingspoint
These have been some great at-bats by the home team.

WildcatFan
07-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Haha this is awesome.

cbowen2112
Ramon!

Tom Servo
Santiago!!

Break up this lineup!

Chuckie

Haha. House money from this point on.

reds44
Santiago > Votto

JMO
Santiago is playing well, finally getting playing time consistently. Lets make it 4-0

AmarilloRed
Yeah!

Price is a genius!

Or we're playing the Cubs. You don't need to be a genius when you play the Cubs.

WildcatFan
Doing the crossword puzzle on the Washington Post and I literally just got to the clue "Baseball 2-Baggers (abbr)" [answer "DBLS] and Pena hits his double. Let's see if they have a clue with the answer "HRS"

I'm still holding out for TOOTBLAN.

Chuckie
Ludwick!

Price is a magician.

Oh, and the Cubs suck.

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Come on Cozart pop it up deep enough...

WrongVerb
Anyone else remember when these pitchers would make a debut against the Reds and dominate them? Nice to see something different these days.

Stray
Not often I get a Reds game on TV in South Carolina but I get this game on WGN. Sure beats watching MLB.tv and being a few minutes behind the action lol.

kbrake
If you think I'm a troll, you must not understand the definition of troll.

PS: I was making fun of myself. Your sarcasm meter needs turned on, son.

I don't think you're a troll at all. We have them here for sure but you're not one, you just get worked up sometimes.

Kingspoint
Seriously, Cozart has been having good plate appearances for over a month now.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Coghlan with an error makes it even better.

This is fantastic. 5-game sweep here we come (first since 1976).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you're a troll at all. We have them here for sure but you're not one, you just get worked up sometimes.

Oh, I'm an emotional SOB. I'll be the first to admit it.

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Is this a Spring training game? Line up and opposing starter starter seem like it..lol

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Cozart's gonna Cozart.

Kingspoint
Haven't seen that since it was an every other day occurrence back in April.

Red Raindog
Cubs get the out in the rundown -- but in Little League fashion

cbowen2112
homer is gonna make him pay!

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Can't believe the Catcher threw the ball to the Third Baseman when running Ludwick back to third while a RED stood on 3rd Base. What an idiot.

reds44
If Homer hits a granny on here, I'll buy everyone fireballs next time I'm in Cincinnati.

VR
Seriously, Cozart has been having good plate appearances for over a month now.

Yes....hitting enough now to justify keeping him. His defense this year has been elite.

Red Raindog
If Homer hits a granny on here, I'll buy everyone fireballs next time I'm in Cincinnati.

Brandon too?

kbrake
Can't believe the Catcher threw the ball to the Third Baseman when running Ludwick back to third while a RED stood on 3rd Base. What an idiot.

I'm sitting here laughing out loud watching this team. They are hilarious. God bless the Chicago Cubs.

RedTeamGo!
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Even though we only have male tig ol bitties?

kbrake
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Jameson or Jack!

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 01:00 PM

Even BP's girlfriend?

- - - Updated - - -

Jameson or Jack!

Jameson! You have good taste my friend.

VR
07-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Split squad, minor league lineup bats around in the 1st, thought no one. Ever.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Brandon too?

You and RedTeamGo beat me to it. Haha.

"Tig ol bitties."

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Sucks to be Luke.

reds44
07-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Brandon too?

I have no ill will to BP. Don't hate the player, hate the game haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Jameson or Jack!

die

Red Raindog
07-10-2014, 01:02 PM

just figured you might think it was his turn when it came to you --- :laugh:

mu4103
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Dusty's gotta be at home right now in tears. Price puts together a line-up like this and not only does he not get criticized, the team scores 3 in the first. Dusty's probably calling Johnny Gomes right now for consolation.

ThatPitchIsDunn
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Even the Cubs announcers are talking about the punch and judy-ness of this Reds lineup.

Then again, it did just score 3 runs and is on pace to get to the Cubbies bullpen in the 4th.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 01:04 PM

- - - Updated - - -

die

In fairness, the girl should have at least given you a tug for buying $60 worth of drinks. Just a nice rub under the table. No biggie.

:D

reds44
You guys should see kbrake drink jack. He drinks it like you would a bottle of water. 3-4 gulps a turn haha.

Brutus
If not I'm blaming you for jinxing it ;)

I will blame me too. Good start though!

reds44
In fairness, the girl should have at least given you a tug for buying $60 worth of drinks. Just a nice rub under the table. No biggie.

:D

i just keep thinking this is too good/easy to be true...and it was haha.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:05 PM

Not like you probably haven't returned the favor to someone else in the past. Circle of life. There's always a bigger/younger lion around, sooner or later.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Dusty's gotta be at home right now in tears. Price puts together a line-up like this and not only does he not get criticized, the team scores 3 in the first. Dusty's probably calling Johnny Gomes right now for consolation.

Well, some of us did question Price's decision pre-game. But since he's the Gangster of Wins, it doesn't really matter.

And the whole Cubs thing. That too.

kbrake
07-10-2014, 01:06 PM
die

Maybe Jameson is an acquired taste. Another trip or two to Cincinnati and I'll have you hooked.

Kingspoint
8-1-1 in last ten series gets any Manager a big ole pass.

reds44
Not like you probably haven't returned the favor to someone else in the past. Circle of life. There's always a bigger/younger lion around, sooner or later.
Well said, sir.

VR
07-10-2014, 01:07 PM
We may have witnessed the first scoring binge that wasn't started or culminated by one Billy F. Hamilton.

Red Raindog
i just keep thinking this is too good/easy to be true...and it was haha.

well it was pretty easy -- for her

we've all been there in a fashion

Chuckie
Maybe Jameson is an acquired taste. Another trip or two to Cincinnati and I'll have you hooked.

I like mine neat. And the glass at least half full. None of these weak scotch glasses that people fill up 1/4 of the way. Give me my Irish Whiskey the way I like it.

kbrake
You guys should see kbrake drink jack. He drinks it like you would a bottle of water. 3-4 gulps a turn haha.

Yeah that won't be happening again hahaha

reds44
07-10-2014, 01:09 PM

I got a call from my credit card company about repeated charges on my card. There were like 3 straight $18 charges at GABP from last Friday. I was like naaaah I'm pretty sure those are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

I like mine neat. And the glass at least half full. None of these weak scotch glasses that people fill up 1/4 of the way. Give me my Irish Whiskey the way I like it.
kbrake drinks it straight out the bottle...warm...in a parking lot...

PuffyPig
We may have witnessed the first scoring binge that wasn't started or culminated by one Billy F. Hamilton.

Well, his injury put Heisey in the line-up, batting first.

So, I think it was started by Biilly.

Chuckie
8-1-1 in last ten series gets any Manager a big ole pass.

Price also deserves a lot of credit in my book for keeping this team afloat during a time when the Reds had more injuries to top-line players that I can ever remember. No team in MLB dealt with as many injuries as the Reds over the first couple months. Great players, too. Chapman, Bruce, Votto, Mesoraco, Latos ... on and on and on. Even key backups weren't available like Schumaker for the first month.

kbrake
07-10-2014, 01:10 PM
I got a call from my credit card company about repeated charges on my card. There were like 3 straight $18 charges at GABP from last Friday. I was like naaaah I'm pretty sure those are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

kbrake drinks it straight out the bottle...warm...in a parking lot...

Hahaha the drinks in the stadium were the tipping point.

We really need to do a RedsZone get together at a Reds game. I know it has been done in the past but I think it has been awhile.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Wow. 2nd time through the lineup completely different so far.

Don't give it back, Homer.

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Heisey going for the two most opposite ABs back to back he can produce.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Hahaha the drinks in the stadium were the tipping point.

We really need to do a RedsZone get together at a Reds game. I know it has been done in the past but I think it has been awhile.

They'll cut that section off after five innings.

powersackers
07-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm rooting for this Cubs pitcher now after the ump screwed him over. 3-0 win is ok by me. Hope he does well.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Well, that was quick. But 3 runs will hopefully be enough today.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm rooting for this Cubs pitcher now after the ump screwed him over. 3-0 win is ok by me. Hope he does well.

? Are you serious man?

reds44
07-10-2014, 01:14 PM
They'll cut that section off after five innings.
That's about the time I was shown the door Friday hahahahaha

VR
Well, his injury put Heisey in the line-up, batting first.

So, I think it was started by Biilly.

Of course. Billy F. Hamilton indeed.

Kingspoint

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't count on it.

Homer has consistently given up leads this season...right about the 6th inning.

powersackers
07-10-2014, 01:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

? Are you serious man?

100% as long as the Reds win.

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 01:16 PM
These Cubs announcers are pretty sassy today, I like it.

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 01:16 PM
homer getting squeezed during that at bat.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Pitcher can't bunt...throw it inside.

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Always thought they should charge parents like the one they just showed on WGN with child abuse.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Always thought they should charge parents like the one they just showed on WGN with child abuse.

Taking Cubs fans' kids to Cubs games is child abuse.

Letting you child become a Cubs fan is child abuse.

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Chris

freakin

Coghlan

50YrRedsFan
I wouldn't count on it.

Homer has consistently given up leads this season...right about the 6th inning.

He is missing his spots and has been behind in the count to most hitters so far.

krm1580
Homer really seems like he is struggling with his command. He is behind every hitter.

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Chris

freakin

Coghlan

Borderline unretireable.

reds44
Coghlan is annoying

RedsLvr
Took way too long to get rid of that ball..

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Dang it, Heisey!

He stutter-stepped on the throw. Terrible defense there.

Should have had him at the plate.

How do you take three steps on the throw to the plate there?

jordan_tm
07-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Well, could've been worse.

membengal
07-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Gracious, Brantley. Use your words. And don't tell me its a pop-up to shallow center like it is no big thing, and then tell me the pitcher scored on it from 3rd. Must have been a regular flyball then? Your words, man, use your words!

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Well, could've been worse.

True. Homer got a couple of pop-ups after the blast by Coughlan.

- - - Updated - - -

Gracious, Brantley. Use your words. And don't tell me its a pop-up to shallow center like it is no big thing, and then tell me the pitcher scored on it from 3rd. Must have been a regular flyball then? Your words, man, use your words!

Should have been no big thing. Heisey muffed it up.

membengal
07-10-2014, 01:24 PM
That may be...but, once again, describe what you are seeing Jeff! Don't be afraid to use words!

VR
07-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Coghlan came into the series batting .229 with an OPS of .659.

He now stands at .257 and .763......and that's with 3 very very loud outs that easily could have been ebh.

reds44
07-10-2014, 01:25 PM

My dad grew up a die hard Cubs fan. The Cubs were really the first baseball team I followed because of him, but then I became a Reds fan because of Junior and eventually he converted to one too because of me. Now he takes a trip down every year for a game with me.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Get Ludwick going!

AmarilloRed
Ludwick!

Tom Servo
Luddy! :jump:

first dinger in forever for him

reds44
Every called strike is on one of the corners according to Jeff lol

50YrRedsFan
The Reds need to tack on more runs. I feel Bailey will give up more runs today.

jordan_tm
Ludwickkkk!

cbowen2112
Brother!

OnBaseMachine
Ludwick solo HR! 4-1 Reds!

cumberlandreds
Ludddy!!!!!!!!!!

reds44
Brotheerrrrrrrrrr.

If you told me before the game this lineup would score 4 runs I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

jordan_tm
The Reds need to tack on more runs. I feel Bailey will give up more runs today.
Ask and ye shall receive.

VR
4 more pitches out of the zone to Pena.

Luddy!!!

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 01:27 PM
And the Reds fan stripped the ball from the Cubs fan...very symbolic.

BluegrassRedleg
This guy is consistently throwing 78-84 mph per the gun on WGN.

villain612
Wow. I went to the gym at lunch thinking I wasn't gonna miss much.

Already scored 4 runs in less than 3 innings.

There is a higher power at work here.

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Does Cozart always have to take the longest swings in history?

reds44
07-10-2014, 01:29 PM

si

RedlegJake
No matter who it is on the bench they have to come through if this team is going to win....and so far (for the last little more than a month) they are getting it done when asked

50YrRedsFan

And he dips his right shoulder and gets under the ball .... like he just did.

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
No matter who it is on the bench they have to come through if this team is going to win....and so far (for the last little more than a month) they are getting it done when asked

Teams that win get good contributions from the bench. The Reds have been egtting that a lot lately. A very good sign for this team.

Kingspoint
07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Cozart and Pena....both good efforts there.

AmarilloRed
07-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Nice play by Cozart.

Kingspoint
Teams that win get good contributions from the bench. The Reds have been egtting that a lot lately. A very good sign for this team.

Couldn't agree more.

Special seasons are filled with great contributions from the bench...from all 25 players.

cumberlandreds
Good pick by Pena on that throw,

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 01:34 PM
HP ump is terribly inconsistent today.

cbowen2112
again getting squeezed....

VR
Gameday had ball 2 completely inside the strikezone.

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Would be cool to see Bailey's ERA under 4 after today.

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Nice easy inning by Homer. 4-1 Reds

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Gameday had ball 2 completely inside the strikezone.

And ball 1...maybe it is the way Barnhart is receiving it today.

Brisco
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Anyone else remember when these pitchers would make a debut against the Reds and dominate them? Nice to see something different these days.

I think Price has figured out the solution to this problem. Start your scrubs against rookie pitchers. Studs prep so much that they can get fooled by pitchers they have never seen before. Scrubs are used to facing folks for the first time.

OesterPoster
07-10-2014, 01:39 PM
*sorry, was a reply about Cozart's swing*

Carlos Gomez says hi.

You should read some of the game threads over at brewerfan.net this week. They are a very testy bunch (yet comical).

villain612
07-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Carlos Gomez says hi.

You should read some of the game threads over at brewerfan.net this week. They are a very testy bunch (yet comical).

Kinda like Redszone back in April?

cumberlandreds
07-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Quick inning by Hendricks. 4-1 Reds after four.

cbowen2112
07-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Don't be too cute with this character...jam him.

jordan_tm
07-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Babe Coghlan on base again.

Red Raindog
07-10-2014, 01:48 PM
you are making this too hard Homer

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Ugh. 4-3 game.

OnBaseMachine
Good grief Bailey. He can't be trusted with a lead this season.

jordan_tm
Keep handing out those free passes Homer.

07-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Prediction: Homer starts off great, has a really bad inning (let's say the 4th or 5th), Reds rally late and complete the 5-game sweep.

So far, 2 for 3. Let's hope #3 comes true as well.

malcontent
07-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Bailey apparently wants to face Rizzo this inning.

JMO
07-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Not coming after Coghlan doesn't make any sense. 3 run lead and he nibbles

cumberlandreds
4-3 Reds half way through this one.

villain612
Don't fret everyone.

The Toddfather is due for a bomb.

malcontent
07-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Good grief Bailey. He can't be trusted with a lead this season.
Agreed. Give a 3-run lead to Cueto or Simon, you can relax a bit. Not with Homer.

50YrRedsFan
07-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Not coming after Coghlan doesn't make any sense. 3 run lead and he nibbles

Both of Homer's walks have come back to score.

cbowen2112
Would be cool to see Bailey's ERA under 4 after today.

correction....would be cool to see his ERA stay where it was before today...sigh...

reds44
Agreed. Give a 3-run lead to Cueto or Simon, you can relax a bit.

Because those dudes are rocking sub 3.00 ERAs this year.

Bailey is a good pitcher. He's well on his way to a QS.

Tough crowd.

Tom Servo
07-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Well this game isn't so fun anymore.

RedTeamGo!
07-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Hopefully they hold Chicago to 3 runs, don't think we are getting more than 4 today.

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Because those dudes are rocking sub 3.00 ERAs this year.

Bailey is a good pitcher. He's well on his way to a QS.

Tough crowd.

Agree. Good young hitter put a nice, inside-out swing on a decent pitch and got it to drop. Sky is not falling.

Chuckie
Ugh. Stepped away for the top of the 5th ... and now I see it's a one-run game. Damn.

C'mon Homer, don't give 'em anything else the rest of the way.

RedTeamGo!
Frazier is officially in a slump

50YrRedsFan
07-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Reds need to get some offense going...Homer looks very vulnerable today.

ThatPitchIsDunn
07-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Hopefully they hold Chicago to 3 runs, don't think we are getting more than 4 today.

The Cubs bullpen looms - Hendrick Kendrick Mendrick is up around 80 pitches.

Chuckie
07-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Frazier is officially in a slump

Why is Frazier even in the lineup?

(Reverse psychology attempt.)

JMO
Can't let the Cubs score another run. Bailey and the staff need to hold em' and the Reds O needs to answer with 1 or 2 runs

villain612
Why is Frazier even in the lineup?

(Reverse psychology attempt.)

Start a 3B Targets thread.

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 02:00 PM
More Cubs Youth who have nothing to look forward to in their baseball lives but pain and dispair.

kbrake
Can't let the Cubs score another run. Bailey and the staff need to hold em' and the Reds O needs to answer with 1 or 2 runs

Why do they need to do both of those things? The Reds are winning.

Chuckie
Start a 3B Targets thread.

Ha. Why don't the Reds get Michael Young out of retirement and stop playing Frazier?

JMO
OH NO

BluegrassRedleg
07-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Geez.

M*A*S*H

wheels
07-10-2014, 02:01 PM
What?!