PDA

View Full Version : How Many Teams are Satisfied at the All- Star Break - Including the REds

WaiteHoyt
07-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Oakland and Texas are the extremes. Houston is not in last place. Milwaukee still remains atop our division and is probably happy for the break with the hope it stops their bleeding. St Louis and the Reds have had major injuries. Last year all I read (I live in St Louis) was how many pitchers the Cardinals had and now one year later that is not the case.

The most important variable for the rest of the year in the Central Division is who gets well and who gets injured. If the Reds rotation continues with its present quality and a number of fill-in players play above their average the Reds should remain in contention. I smile at how much time is spent analyzing who will be the 25 to come out of Spring Training and how useless that becomes by mid-year.

scotly50
07-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Oakland and Texas are the extremes. Houston is not in last place. Milwaukee still remains atop our division and is probably happy for the break with the hope it stops their bleeding. St Louis and the Reds have had major injuries. Last year all I read (I live in St Louis) was how many pitchers the Cardinals had and now one year later that is not the case.

The most important variable for the rest of the year in the Central Division is who gets well and who gets injured. If the Reds rotation continues with its present quality and a number of fill-in players play above their average the Reds should remain in contention. I smile at how much time is spent analyzing who will be the 25 to come out of Spring Training and how useless that becomes by mid-year.

I am not sure about us or the Brewers. We have made it thus far on our pitching. I hope those arms don't tire in the second half.

Redeyecat
07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
I had significant concerns about the Reds heading into spring training, so their current record fits in right about my expectations. I'm guessing the Reds organization however had higher expectations than their current record. But given the injuries, they've certainly exceeding my expectations and I'm guessing at least met their own.

RedFanT
07-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Considering all of the injuries the Reds have had (2/5 of the rotation, 1/3 of the lineup at any point of the season has been less than dependable, never mind the bullpen), I'm actually pleased they've played as well as they have.

TDogg
07-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I'd say considering the start both teams had..the Reds and Pirates should be satisfied. The Cardinals, not so much. The Brewers were satisfied until the last two weeks before the break.